Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
should be a heck of a game....look for more points this time.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hope so on both !!!!RTR

Roll Tide Roll, now lets go hunting!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What's the cheer?

Oh ya ROLL TIDE!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Hope so. Les Miles is doing a heck of a job at LSU. LSU is definitely the best team in the country without a doubt. I think Alabama is the second best team.

WE NEED A PLAYOFF SYSTEM!!! wink

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Les is on ESPN right now, saying all the right things, in Les-speak. He's still honored to get Bama again.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Well, I hope Bama's kicker has his $hyte wired tight this time.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
better hope they don't need long NFL kicks to be in the game.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NYH1

I agree. We had two deserving teams vying for #2 and unfortunately, someone got the shaft.

OSU was deserving as well. They're going to rain on someones parade in a bowl game.

Bama/LSU should be a great game though.

ALL SEC CHAMPIONSHIP. It doesn't get any better than that for a conference.

JM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blaming those kickers for missing 45 and 50 yarders is a mask for poor decision making on the side lines.

Bet you won't see that again.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Blaming those kickers for missing 45 and 50 yarders is a mask for poor decision making on the side lines.

Bet you won't see that again.

Saban really surprised me on that. But I'm sure he woke up the next morning smacking himself in the forehead too.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hate rematch bowl games.

Alabama should have to beat LSU twice in order to claim the national championship. laugh

I'm better when I move.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess that's it for me too - Alabama wins. You have 2 teams with one loss and both to each other. You can't really claim at all that one's better than the other - for sure.

Me

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This is as it should be.

OSU got beat by freaking Iowa State. I mean...c'mon.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Wonder what impact, if any, this will have on viewership for the NC.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
OK, time for some thoughts from the old dinosaur who, as everyone knows by now has not one whit of interest in having a NATIONAL CHAMPION or a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, but just loves to see college football games, especially ones that provide intriguing match-ups.

My first thought, and I know that this has been said many times, many ways, but I don't think that I've seen my take on it. LSU and Alabama have already played. LSU won. College football is unique in that the number of games played makes (or at least should make) each regular season game one of great importance. You can't go on a losing streak (I don't believe even a one-game losing streak) and consider yourself in the same category as undefeated teams. Division I-A (still the unrepentant dinosaur) college football doesn't have (shouldn't have) an unimportant preseason or a system whereby you can wander through the season and make a run at the end (shouldn't have that either). It is not a double-elimination tournament.

My second thought grows out of the first. If we must have a NATIONAL CHAMPION, it doesn't follow that we have to have a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. It looks to me like the NATIONAL CHAMPION has already been determined. LSU beat all comers during the regular season. No one else did that. What purpose would it serve to have them play a one-loss team, especially Alabama. Should the other team win, they both have one loss. Whoopee.

My third idea (or ridiculous notion, depending on your feelings) again grows out of the previous one. Since we have a clear #1, rather than having them replay #2, why not have #2 play #3 to reach a definitive conclusion about who should be which? To me, that would provide a much more interesting game than would one between #1 and, already-beaten-by-#1, #2.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Originally Posted by NYH1

I agree. We had two deserving teams vying for #2 and unfortunately, someone got the shaft.

OSU was deserving as well. They're going to rain on someones parade in a bowl game.

Bama/LSU should be a great game though.

ALL SEC CHAMPIONSHIP. It doesn't get any better than that for a conference.

JM

It should be #1 LSU -vs- #4 Stanford in one bowl game and #2 Alabama -vs- #3 Oklahoma State in another bowl game. Winners play for the National Championship Bowl Game. Just my $.02, YMMV.

NYH1! wink

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I was hoping it would be OSU vs. LSU just to shut the GD Ok. homers up. LSU would have stomped the living crap out of them, and they would have been ranked lower than 2 after the bowl games. Bama is WITHOUT DOUBT better than OSU, and they know it along with everyone else who has watched the two teams play this season.

What I wanted to see was:

LSU vs. OSU (reasons as stated above)
Bama vs. Stanford, simply because Stanford does not belong in the top 10
Ark. vs. Stanford or Oregon

Grats to LSU and Bama. SEC domination continues.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by 5sdad
My third idea (or ridiculous notion, depending on your feelings) again grows out of the previous one. Since we have a clear #1, rather than having them replay #2, why not have #2 play #3 to reach a definitive conclusion about who should be which? To me, that would provide a much more interesting game than would one between #1 and, already-beaten-by-#1, #2.

Not a bad idea. But LSU would rather take the field to prove they're the best, then watch who's going to be second best. At least I believe they would.

NYH1!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Wonder what impact, if any, this will have on viewership for the NC.

Won't take much for me to decide that "whatever" is better than watching.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
well, there is a lot to be said for just calling LSU the champ and letting everybody else brawl for second, third and fourth.

but obviously the difference between LSU and Bama is not a great deal, although I believe LSU will beat them in New Orleans by more than they did at Tuscaloosa.

would have preferred OKS and Bama getting Stanford or whoever...would make a more definitive statement.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1badf350, 257 mag, 007FJ, 204guy, 69 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 791 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,485
Posts18,508,891
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.