Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by safariman
I live close to where these things allegedly have been seen so have asked myself this question just in case. The answer I get is heck YEAH I would shoot it! In a flash with no more pre thought given. Usually have a really big gun in hand so I have no doubt as to the outcome of the event. Bigfoot = dead. Me= rich and famous, doin interviews all over the Television.
I'm pretty sure bigfoot is a protected specie in Washington state so you'd likely become locked up and famous, not rich and famous.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shoot them in the foot to stop them.

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DayPacker
Shoot them in the foot to stop them.

Good idea. Plus, it's supposed to be big and thus, easy to hit.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
What if Bigfoot turned out to be real? It might be a subspecies of Homo sapiens, in which case you'd be tried for murder if you shot one.

It also might be Homo erectus (a formerly common human ancestor species which is otherwise extinct). In that case, the law is unsettled and there would be endless proceedings about whether you committed murder or not.

Probably not erectus because erectus made fire, and no one claims bigfoot does. But maybe Homo habilis. Is that one human?

It would be a very good idea not to shoot it.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Petro
Would you shoot him? If you're on private land and you see bigfoot, would you shoot him. Presumably, he's not defined as a game animal, so you wouldn't need a tag. Legally, I think you'd be okay, but there is the chance that it is someone trying to make a joke.

Assuming you're serious ...

Legally it depends on what state you are in. Some states list what is protected or regulated and everything else is legal to shoot. Other states list what is legal to shoot and everything else not on that list is protected. Better be sure how your state's laws work.

Him? How do you know its not a her? A biological species requires both to reproduce. Look closely at "Patty" .. definitely female.

I've seen them. I was able to watch long enough to know what I saw was no hoax, no mis-identification of any other known species. They're real. I've had some minimal interaction with them a couple times. So far, all I've seen was curiosity, humor, and concern for their young. Their behavior tells me they are people. Not human / Homo sapiens sapiens, that's a biological thing. People is a behavior thing. They're more people than a lot of our kind.

So ... would I shoot them? Hell no. No more than I would, unprovoked, shoot you. In fact, if I saw someone getting ready to shoot one other than in self-defense, I'd probably kill that person, same as I would defend one of our kind of people about to be murdered.

Laugh if you wish.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Well, shooting or not shooting is not a reality since they exist only in the minds of Discovery channel producers and people who believe in ET, Santa, the Easter Bunny, fairies, leprechauns, ghosts and the host of fantasy creatures inhabiting the programing of cable channels.

IF they actually existed, given the number of supposed eye-witness "sightings", someone would have shot one already. Notice that anyone that see one seems never to have the ability to actually focus their camera? "Hunters" that see them always have an excuse for not being able to get off a shot. Please.

If you shoot one there will be trouble, not because "they" are a protected species, NO "unknown but possibly primate" DNA from hair samples etc means "they" DO NOT exist. The problem will be because you shot some idiot in a gorilla suit or a bear out of season.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bigfoot tag goes on the big toe, right?

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
They taste like chicken

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mtnfisher
They taste like chicken

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Hand me some more of that green stuff - it is goooo...ud.

Actually they taste more like a Unicorn.

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They live.

I know where an old male lives. My dad showed him to me when I was a chap.

I've went back and visited with him numerous times since. Mostly regarding his application for food stamps, which has been held up due to an invalid social security number.

JM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Take a close look at what Bigfoot has in his hand and then tell me there ain't no such thang.

[Linked Image]

Hilarious!

"I am at heart a meat hunter."
John Barsness, The Life of the Hunt
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Apparently they make nice jerky

http://www.bigfootpreserve.com/hunts.htm

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have yet to have one hit bait...but just in case...
I carry a 9.3X62

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Not sure -- You COULD prove the existence or non-existence of Bigfoot with a single bullet, but what if when you approach him, you find a zipper on the back of the costume and someone inside. What do you tell the game warden when he checks your hunting license? Oh yea, did you shoot him in or out of season?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'd shoot him. If I got in trouble for it, I'd just say I thought it was Rosie O'donnell.

If he is wearing an Obama costume he's dead meat.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
This just proves that Bigfoot is a hoax! If he were real, he'd never eat Spam.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Give him a break, it was a bad salmon year!!

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Take a close look at what Bigfoot has in his hand and then tell me there ain't no such thang.

[Linked Image]

This is exactly why you can't legally shoot a "Bigfoot". This is an everyday scene around Bozeman, where college students are constantly shoplifting, regardless of their attire, it would still be considered murder...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by passport
Which bullet is good for a Bigfoot? Im thinkin a TTSX...

Guy I know has taken 3 of them. He says standard bullets won't work, this includes Partitons, TSX's etc.

He casts his own and he claims that is the only thing that'll work. Not just any old cast bullet either.

His recipe (by atomic weight):
Kryptonite - 50%
UFOnium - 25%
Internetium - 25%

Not any old lube will work also. But the old dead guys were on the right track with Sperm Whale oil.

Lube recipe: (by height)
Hoaxified Sea Foam (only found in the Bermuda Triangle) - 50%
Martian Sperm (Green) - 40%
Pixie Dust (from the Tilt-O-Whirl) - 10%

Hope that helps

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,817
Posts18,477,674
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.