Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
That's not pretty but that's life...or death, depending on whether you're the winner or loser.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
That's not pretty but that's life...or death, depending on whether you're the winner or loser.

Yep!

And in my part of the country coyotes have no natual enemies except 4 lane highways or hunters with a Foxpro and .223.
I don't hate coyotes but I learned a long time ago that the above scene is pretty common. I shoot them when the opportunity presents itself.

YMMV

Johnny $

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'Yotes are the only animal I truly hate and the only animal I kill that I don't eat. 46 grain bullets out of a .218 Bee stops their serial killin' ways in a most satisfying manner.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by SmokeEater2
46 grain bullets out of a .218 Bee stops their serial killin' ways in a most satisfying manner.

The 46gr Hornady for the Bee is the bullet I use for calling at night. I push them really hard. Smack a coyote within 100ft or so and they are DRT. Really handy - no searching for a runner.

Johnny $

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thirty years or so back ranchers in South Texas began noticing an absence of young fawns so they asked the Texas Game & Parks Commission to investigate. They did their study and the conclusion was that coyotes accounted for 89% fawn loss! They did this by examination of coyote 'scat' which had the hair within! I shoot all these 'bastids' I can...and I have done away with many!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They eat bullets well too. smile

Last edited by digger44; 12/05/11.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
And, that was a full sized buck, not a youngster. If they can take him down, they can kill about any deer they choose.

I dislike coyotes almost as much as I dislike hogs. I show them both the same courtesy when I encounter them out in the woods.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Yotes or hogs are treated the same here, vermin to be shot on sight.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Pictures were probably shot around a corn feeder. I raise a lot of sheep, Never lost one to coyotes. Feral dogs, yes.

I always give coyotes a pass. They are wicked efficient at taking care of forensic type stuff.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The only time I give coyotes a pass if when I don't want to spook something else with a shot. Otherwise, it's game on.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rkamp

Pictures were probably shot around a corn feeder.

Looks like a scrape to me. I trap/shoot 10-20 a year at our place an they just get thicker.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
The only time I give coyotes a pass if when I don't want to spook something else with a shot. Otherwise, it's game on.

If critters could shoot back, then it would be a game.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Pictures were probably shot around a corn feeder.

Looks like a scrape to me. I trap/shoot 10-20 a year at our place an they just get thicker.

Well, if you or anyone else you know in Central/South Texas needs any help, just let me know! Am ready, willing, experienced and fully equipped to start zapping some predators this winter. Being new to the state, I just need to find some places to play.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
East Texas has some big one's too.

[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

Well, if you or anyone else you know in Central/South Texas needs any help, just let me know! Am ready, willing, experienced and fully equipped to start zapping some predators this winter. Being new to the state, I just need to find some places to play.

Good luck...everyone with a coyote problem, hog problem, or even an elk eating their hay problem wants to charge you to come and help alleviate their problem.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Only true for those not doing it the right way...grin...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
GeauxLSU: Thanks for the pictures - as graphic as they are they need to be seen.
I personally have seen Coyotes take both Deer fawns and Antelope fawns on many occasions - and I have come across kills of adult game that I suspected Coyotes instigated and completed.
Add to the predation by the Coyotes on the fawns and adult ungulates those that are killed by Bobcat, Mt Lions, Black Bears, Grizzly Bears and now rampant predation by transplanted Canadian Wolves and you will have diminishing game herds and poor Big Game Hunting for humans!
We as Hunters here in SW Montana are learning that sad lesson right now.
Indeed, I TRY, to shoot every Coyote I see.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
East Texas has some big one's too.

[Linked Image]

Coyote recipes anyone?

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Pictures were probably shot around a corn feeder. I raise a lot of sheep, Never lost one to coyotes. Feral dogs, yes.

rcamp,
You are the first shepard I have ever heard say that! My neighbors have all given up trying to raise sheep because of coyote predation.

Johnny $

Kaywoodie
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,380
Posts18,488,556
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.