Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Such a good little scope! I have one with the BDC reticle on my Marlin XS7 and its fantastic glass. Love the reticle too, right on par with Leupolds Long Range Duplex.

I know quite a few others bought from Doug when we was closing out the scope. Guess I just didn't realize Vortex would stop making them all together.

Might need to find someone who isn't using one. They'd be nice glass on a any light rifle.

GB1

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Small scopes are alot better than many realize. They have alot less problems with reliability too.
I suspect the buying public is brain wahsed on the idea that big scopes are the thing to have. E

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
but E, where would we be without marketing, who would provide all the points of argument?

smile

Defend the Constitution
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Oh, darn. I didn't think of that. E

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While cleaning up here the other day we came across 1 of the 2-7x32 Vipers with plex reticle. Whoever wants it give a call to me or Neil @ $169.99.

We have also worked it out with Vortex to build more for us in both Plex and BDC. These should be arriving in the early Spring. Do not fret, we listen when you speak to us and we heard the voices saying this scope was a keeper.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks Doug and all the FINE CameralandNY folks!!!!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Thats fantastic!! Thanks Doug!

I'll hold onto my greenbacks and wait for the ones with BDC to come around. Made my day with this news.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Doug - if you get a chance to speak with Vortex, this scope with simialr specs (weight, length, quick reset turrets) in a fixed power 6x would be AWESOME!

I wish many other would get on board with the quick reset turrets. Its like a CDS dial under a cap. Love it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My guess: Because most people shoot at a range, from a bench, where big scopes rule the roost and allow people to shrink groups. 2-7x scopes are a scope for woodland hunters, which forces them to compete with nearly identical 3-9x models.
For me, I never bothered with 2-7x scopes because they offered little/no advantage over the plethora of inexpensive,high quality 3-9x models; eg, the Vortex 2-7x is a marginal 1" shorter, and 1.2oz lighter than it's 3-9x Viper contemporary (one of which graces my Abolt, courtesy of a Cameraland sale). FOV is maybe its only noticeable asset (about 25% greater at 100yds).

That said, if I were to pick a great valued 2-7x scope, it would be the Viper with its clear optics and easy adjustments.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
While cleaning up here the other day we came across 1 of the 2-7x32 Vipers with plex reticle. Whoever wants it give a call to me or Neil @ $169.99.

We have also worked it out with Vortex to build more for us in both Plex and BDC. These should be arriving in the early Spring. Do not fret, we listen when you speak to us and we heard the voices saying this scope was a keeper.

But no C3 reticle to be offered? frown

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
2-7x scopes are a scope for woodland hunters

I'll open my freezer when I get home to tell my whitetail that he had it all wrong. Should have been in dark wooded country, not the open range field where I killed him.

While I'm at it, I'll aplogize to all paper shooters for the 1/2 inch groups I shoot on 7 power with this little scope. I'll pick up some "big scopes" to "shrink groups".

Sheesh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EZEARL

But no C3 reticle to be offered? frown

BDC & Plex

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

I know. BUT it doesn't hurt to wish out loud.(grin) Besides,I can make a couple with the BDC work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Poodleshooter

...FOV is maybe its only noticeable asset (about 25% greater at 100yds).

One other asset: cheek weld for us old school shooters who prefer a scope low and tight. That asset is BIG to me, maybe to no one else. On a couple of rifles I own, a 2x7 can be mounted low enough to align my eye perfectly the instant the stock comes to my cheek. I have yet to have that happen with a 40mm objective lens scope. The slightly larger scopes force me to do a small bit of stock crawling, face adjusting etc. I know, I simply need a higher comb on the rifle.

Half inch groups with a 30-06 and 2-7 scope? No problem if the rifle will do it. 700 yard shot on an escaping wouinded bull elk? Not my first choice for such a shot but no problem with a 2-7. Eight foot range shot on an angry bull moose? Slight problem, too close to focus, but nothing a larger scope would solve either. laugh

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Who would have thunk it???, an optics manufacturer listening to the market. grin

Well done Doug, they're great little scopes.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I will agree that right now big scopes are in. It never ceases to amaze me that someone will have to have a ultralight rifle worry about every ounce and then clamp a 2lb scope and set of rings on it. The one knock against many of the 2-7 scopes vortex included is the relatively short mounting space they allow. I think they would do better to be about 1/2 inch longer despite an additional oz or so of weight. Oh and Doug do you think it would be possible to get a few in a gloss finish. I would like to have one for my 77RSI.

Last edited by bangeye; 12/08/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tomk
but E, where would we be without marketing, who would provide all the points of argument?

smile

Let us know when your dad gets home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Doug,

Any chance these will get HD glass?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Doug,

Any chance these will get HD glass?

Nope, it is the same high quality scope they had made, however, as opposed to the $259.99 that it had sold for when it was in their line we will be offering it in your choice of Plex or BDC for only $199.99

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Great to hear! Thanks Doug.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,717
Posts18,514,165
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.