-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never had any interest in the African game. In North America? Maybe musk ox. Don't seem worth the trouble. Had a chance at a skunk this fall...wasn't sure what the outcome would be so it got a pass!

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by exbiologist
I really want a rhino for some reason, but don't think it can be done in a sporting manner any more, right? Elephant doesn't really move me in any way. Really no interest in shooting mulie does though.
Same here.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by headspace
Great big whitetail bucks. I sort of prefer to think they're still sneaking around the place and I see one once in a while. We eat several does each year tho.
Man, I hate to hear of those big bucks going to waste. laugh

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If talking Africa, I'd say no Elephant, Rhino, Giraffe, or any primate.
Closer to home I have passed on wolves, but got over that.
I don't shoot Ravens.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by KCBighorn
I will shoot every mountain lion that I legally can!

However, I have zero interest in hunting African lion, or leopard. I can't really explain why though...
saves a few tons of deer / cat.

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by laker
I have no desire to shoot sage hens. Had plenty of chances but they just are not a challenge. Could be shot out of the air with a .22 cause they are so big and fly so slow. Just not many around either just pockets of them here and there.

Same here. They are so neat to see!
Where can I get one? They remind me of pimps.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
One time I stopped at a ranch in Central Oregon to check if I could hunt the property. The owner, a woman, told me, If it isn't live stock kill it." I could do that.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O

There is one animal I forgot, that I will never shoot again.
The porcupine.
As kids we used to shoot alot of them, but I don't see many of them anymore, and the dumb little dipsticks will let you walk right up to them, to dumb to know death awaits.
I give them a pass.

Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and 80% are glad you have em.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Red fox. A few years ago, a kit/pup hung out with me a few days as I cleared a garden plot in the woods (remote).
The second and third day, it actually greeted me in the a.m. as I walked toward the plot and would bop around in the grass and nap in the sun only a few yards away as I worked. I absolutley did not feed it and probably should have scared it back to Mama, whom I noticed was watching from the den about 40 yards away.

Now I'd rather hit my thumb with a hammer than shoot one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Only a couple on the list for me:

Swans (don't know why, some of my buds shoot one every year, but i have zero interest) bobcats, and sand hill cranes here in the States. Bobcats mainly because I have one that hangs out near our house and gives me some good entertainment watching him thin the cottontail population. He likes the ones that hang underneath my front porch so I wake up to bunny fur on the steps about every other week.

Giraffes and baboons in Africa.

I had elephant on the no-shoot list for a long time but after reading numerous books and researching hunts I think I would if it was a proper elephant hunt. No buggy shooting or at night but a long tracking job in the thick brush, up close and personal. Definitely only one and it would have to be a bull.

Always wanted to hunt African lions. It'll never happen but I am hunting leopard this June!

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Jamie
I cant think of a single critter that I can say I have no desire to shoot at least once.

Same here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bears or Cougars with dogs.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I forgot one.....camel, though i cannot guarantee the safety of their passengers wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cats don't interest me.......Cougars or African cats.

Protect WYDAHO fish and game, fence out Utah.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wolverines and badgers. Probably the big bears too

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let's just say I'm not allowed to go to the zoo anymore ....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Quite happy with antelope, deer and elk but would hunt hogs, caribou and moose if a good opportunity presented itself. Other than that, birds and varmints, no interest.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I don't kill anything other than big game animals, and the occasional gopher/pdog, and a few grouse.

The only female animal I've ever killed besides finishing off another hunter's cow elk, was a bear this year that I thought was a boar.

No problem with other people killing does, cows, coyotes, foxes, ducks, swans or whatever, just never had the urge to myself.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
For me it's woodchucks. The last time I hunted them I shot a couple hundred that summer. By the end of that summer I was fairly sick of it. Haven't shot one since. (I do still like the rifles we used on them though!)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
elephant

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (160user, 1minute, 257Bob, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 15,219 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,144
Posts18,542,523
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.