Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Anyone using or used on of these? Thinking about buying one as a more compact day pack and for non hunting use. Thanks,
Jody

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use one. I bought the Orange one to use during rifle season for day hunts.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Pete E,
What are your thoughts on the pack? Did you get the padded waistbelt or the standard? I've never had a Mystery Ranch pack before, but everything I've read says they are top notch. Thanks,
Jody

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I upgraded the waist belt. Ive packed a whole small boned out whitetail in it. Plus it makes a great year round day pack. With the upgraded belt my Bear spray holder attaches to the pals webbing and I beleive I can add the belt pocket if I decide I need it

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Sorry to keep bugging you with questions, but will the waist belt still tuck in the pack with the upgraded belt system. I know the regular waistbelt can be tucked away. Thanks,
Jody

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ill have to look as Ive never tried it

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by jlboykin
Sorry to keep bugging you with questions, but will the waist belt still tuck in the pack with the upgraded belt system. I know the regular waistbelt can be tucked away. Thanks,
Jody
Yes it will stowe along side the pack with the upgraded waist belt Like Pete I purchased mine in orange for the same reason. I really like the pack a lot. It is basically the same as the very popular 3day assault but has the stick-it pocket (flap)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I am interested in one of these too so keep the info coming.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I believe "kenaiking" on here has one, you guys could shoot him a PM as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SnowyMountaineer
I believe "kenaiking" on here has one, you guys could shoot him a PM as well.

Had. I bought his as he's gone to a larger model. I haven't used it yet but I'm sure it's going to work well for me as a day pack. Good idea to PM kenai if he doesn't chime in. Greenhorn has experience with one too.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I loved mine but I had bought a bigsky for the added room.

I added the zippered waist belt pockets from a nice frame to mine. It really up the carry-a-bility of the pack. I would buy another with out a second thought.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
First off I love the color - The foliage color blends great with the orange.

The quick picture shows the pack next to my EDC Kifaru X-Ray.

[Linked Image]

Ill have to order some web keepers from MR soon!! I can borrow some from my Crew Cab to get me by smile

Initially I didnt like the lack of smaller compartments in this bag that its brother the 3 Day Assault has BUT....that feature actually may give this pack more potential for performance in the long run.

It seems like my main problem is that I fill those additional pockets with items and when I need to cram in bulkier items it is a chore at best. the X-Ray is great at meeting in the middle to allow many pockets AND have a main compartment that carries more than expected.

The top pocket on the Sweet Pea is more than large enough to put most if not all my smaller items that I keep in the xray. They wouldnt be as easily accessible but would be "in pack" non the less.

The top of the Sweet Pea has some pals that I have already hung a Kifaru chamber pocket in to have an extra smaller pouch for items. I have a feeling Ill add a second one under the first to stash items not needed often such as batteries or what not. Also easy to dummy cord a pouch from the pals to keep items in a quick tug away smile

What I think I am loving about this pack is the 3 way opening for accessing items as well as easily stuffing this pack with as much as you can.

First thing Ill do is snag another SHEMAGH just to add padding to the bottom AND be there if I need it.

What I was looking for was a potential size between the Crew Cab and Xray that offered me a doable day pack for hunting and a simple day pack for hiking with a belt that was small enough to keep out of the way when not needed.

Ill post more thoughts as I get some preliminary use with the Sweet Pea but for now it just may fit EXACTLY the nitch I was looking for.

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 66 invisible), 3,251 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,380
Posts18,469,532
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.