Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was ripped off for $350 by Fred Sauvan from NJ. Even though I have the serial number for the AR frame he stole from me, I decided not to turn him into the ATF.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Claude was smart enough to return my barreled action. If he hadn't you can BYSWA I would have turned him in.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

What other forums is Claude on? I'd like to tune in on some of his stuff. I have a new computer so maybe I'm not blocked.

All I want is my wood back, he can keep the deposit. If he doesn't have the wood I told him I'd tale $450.00 which is a lot less than it is worth. This was a large piece of fiddleback maple, easily enough to do two full stocks with plenty left over for pistol grips and knife scales.

You may have a "cookie" on your computer that blocks you from a site, however cleaning you're cookie file will restore your ability to read the site. When a site bans you they do it by banning your IP address. The IP is assigned to you by your internet provider. Changing providers will circumvent that problem.

Last edited by Rusky; 12/31/11.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The problem with any list is plowing thru 100s of pages to find info and then wondering if it is credible. The feedback systems on GB and AA are short and sweet, easy to use and easy to verify. That's what would be appropriate here as well.

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
DANNYL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by interthem
The problem with any list is plowing thru 100s of pages to find info and then wondering if it is credible. The feedback systems on GB and AA are short and sweet, easy to use and easy to verify. That's what would be appropriate here as well.
That type feedback sytem is perfect.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right now you can view some basic details about each person's profile so a feedback section could be incorporated there. Maybe have a rule, written or unwritten, that it is only to be used for feedback on transactions.

Guaranteed, folks would still abuse it - you'd see the RP haters leaving hate notes in the RP lovers profiles and so forth, plus there are numerous long standing personal feuds between some members here, but any reasonably intelligent person could see that for what it is.

And just like gunbroker or some other auction sites, if you leave a bad review first the other person will smear you out of spite whether you acted honestly or not.

At least it might help keep the good, bad and ugly segregated into one area. If a person has a string of good reviews you will see that. If they get a string of bad reviews or are always blaming someone else for problems, you would see that as well.

An honorable man will try very hard not to drag anybody's name through the mud unless they are absolutely sure the man is a scoundrel and deserves it. Even then, you hesitate to do so.

But you also hate to sit back and watch some liar or cheat take advantage of other people.

The dishonest man will always have an advantage, that's why people cheat - it's easier to win that way.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Well said. Claude is the only problem I've had here and I've been buying and selling a lot lately. All my other transactions have been smooth and easy.

My thought is, "If you buy something from me you may return it within a reasonable time for any reason or no reason and I'll refund your money and the return postage". This of course assumes it is returned in the same condition as you received it.

I usually ship before I receive funds.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Claude was smart enough to return my barreled action. If he hadn't you can BYSWA I would have turned him in.

That just rang a bell Spanky. This is the rifle you wanted my Mauser bottom metal for. IIRC a Lott. Sad to hear the guy kept your wood. BTW he did return ship my parts but that was a while back. Hope you get your stuff back eventually.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
feedback is a tool, I tend to shy away from sellers (GB) that have neg. feedbacks, the one time I didn't (selller had hundreds of post's & several neg's) I got a gun that was totally misrepresented, so now I very cautious of any with negs.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ooo im on it for em, i think hell get his money back!! just a hunch...lol

start em young!!!!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"I usually ship before I receive funds."

You have a Bugatti Veyron you wish to sell ? (chuckle)

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DANNYL
Originally Posted by Karnis
What and when did you buy? No phone number, etc. obtained?
Does it matter what was bought,a ripoff is a ripoff. Now if he would only answer a pm. He has some high dollar items listed now,hope he don't screw others.

No it doesn't and I hope you receive your goods. You can untwist your thong regarding my post.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well said. Claude is the only problem I've had here and I've been buying and selling a lot lately. All my other transactions have been smooth and easy.

My thought is, "If you buy something from me you may return it within a reasonable time for any reason or no reason and I'll refund your money and the return postage". This of course assumes it is returned in the same condition as you received it.

Just bought from Spanokopitas, and yes he shipped before he received the funds. Great to deal with.

Chris

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by interthem
"I usually ship before I receive funds."

You have a Bugatti Veyron you wish to sell ? (chuckle)

No, but if I did I would drive it over before receiving funds.

www.paracay.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I once again emailed Claude yesterday with a copy to my Ohio "Agent". No reply, no surprise.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
patience matt, since he is still and business and knows youir "agent" is now local, well get your money back, 1.phone call and email.2.ill be stopping by his business.3.legal action ........after his reaction yesterday.....trust me well get this resolved for you.......

start em young!!!!
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chris_c

Just bought from Spanokopitas, and yes he shipped before he received the funds. Great to deal with.

Chris

+1. I bought some brass from Matt and everything went very smoothly.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by stwman
STEELHEAD Im a Yankee and proud of it. You have a problem with that Id say its personal. To run a person down because of where there from makes you a really low [bleep] person. Id say if a bad guy list does come up here maybe you should be on it. Now take a deep breath OK ??
A Greenmtnboy

Scott is good to go and a great guy to buy from or sell to. He would not be on a "bad guy list"

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm pretty trusting until proving wrong, but I don't ship before payment. Unless it's more than a forum friend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
I'm pretty trusting until proving wrong, but I don't ship before payment. Unless it's more than a forum friend.

Why should someone trust you enough to send payment?

whistle

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

353 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 160user, 33 invisible), 1,534 guests, and 980 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,866
Posts18,497,404
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.