Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
I'm pretty trusting until proving wrong, but I don't ship before payment. Unless it's more than a forum friend.

Why should someone trust you enough to send payment?

whistle

That's just how it works. Every time I send money first. With Paypal you have some protection.

Last edited by Mauser_Hunter; 01/01/12.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

So why not just start a "Bad Guy" string?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

So why not just start a "Bad Guy" string?

No kidding, before this one digresses further...ooh wait the same thing will happen with the new one.

All I want to hear about now is that scumbag getting you your money back.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The thread would need a full time mod to keep it cleaned up.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
91xlt seems to have disappeared from several sites after receiving my money for a scope.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by stwman
STEELHEAD Im a Yankee and proud of it. You have a problem with that Id say its personal. To run a person down because of where there from makes you a really low [bleep] person. Id say if a bad guy list does come up here maybe you should be on it. Now take a deep breath OK ??
A Greenmtnboy

Methinks you should douche the sand out of that cunny.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Reaching new lows here, some real class acts...the ony thing missing is Bricktop.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by ned
Reaching new lows here, some real class acts...the ony thing missing is Bricktop.

Don't get me started...

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Instead of a mud slinging Bad Guy thread just post the guy's moniker in open forum. Air his sorry ass out. It will work out, one way or other.

You may or may not get satisfaction but guilty party will either answer your accusations or not....and others can form an opinion and beware.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it won't work out.
look at my mess with our own art peck aka sitka deer.
been almost 2 years now.
called him out several times, had him publicly state he "may" send it back.

no amount of public shame will make a thief change his spots.

heard of another story about art peck getting a rifle in for a "friend" and after 4 months, and multiple requests, no money, and no gun !
i haven't heard if it's been resolved, but knowing how he is with my dealings, most likely not.

he's a thief, and a liar, plain and simple.
he did return my barrel blank.

that'll leave me about 1500.00 bucks in the hole, for the wood, cutting it, and postage to several places, plus some other work done to it.

i hate thieves, and will always be on his azz til he makes it right.

hey art, a certified check for 1k , and the trap back, and i'll never say another word.

cut ya deal. take it leave it.

if ya don't take it, i'll always take shots at ya.
until i get time again for legal action.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That would be the problem, it would get aired in the court of public opinion. Someone who didn't like either party's political views would chime in about what a general ass the guy is. One fellow's friends would rally around and attack the accuser's friends.

Then there are a slew of folks who love to attack people who complain about anything and will accuse the injured party of being the bad guy. I never could understand that type of behavior.

Finally, there is always "The Mob", as in the kind of folks who used to crowd into the Roman Colosseum who will egg on any fight, right or wrong, just for the spectacle.

When deals go downhill the best solution is to try like hell to get the matter resolved in private. Going to a public forum is a matter of absolutely last resort. Not saying it isn't something that might need to be done eventually and sometimes it is the only way to get the matter resolved - and can at times be surprisingly effective in that regard, but it is the least desirable of all solutions.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Steelhead might be a good guy to buy from but I wouldnt buy from a guy that runs down people he doesnt even know. Not much of a person there. That kind of a comment comes from lowlife that has a dislike to his fellow American because of where they live.
Is that not true Steelhead?? Oh yeah breath out now ok??

Rod
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Steelhead likes, dislikes, and hates without prejudice, except in a couple of specifics. I believe he hates without reservation those that hurt the innocent, and those that are blatantly stupid.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by splattermatic
it won't work out.
look at my mess with our own art peck aka sitka deer.
been almost 2 years now.
called him out several times, had him publicly state he "may" send it back.

no amount of public shame will make a thief change his spots.

heard of another story about art peck getting a rifle in for a "friend" and after 4 months, and multiple requests, no money, and no gun !
i haven't heard if it's been resolved, but knowing how he is with my dealings, most likely not.

he's a thief, and a liar, plain and simple.
he did return my barrel blank.

that'll leave me about 1500.00 bucks in the hole, for the wood, cutting it, and postage to several places, plus some other work done to it.

i hate thieves, and will always be on his azz til he makes it right.

hey art, a certified check for 1k , and the trap back, and i'll never say another word.

cut ya deal. take it leave it.

if ya don't take it, i'll always take shots at ya.
until i get time again for legal action.

Mark Teahan
It is time for you to stop lying. The above quote is just one of your many lie-filled posts.

Expect something soon.
Art Peck

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by splattermatic

Pretty sure I know of this one. Prolly only one person you could have heard this from, and, his story is not straight. I never made multiple requests for the money as I knew Art was good to his word - and, he was.

Get your phuggin facts straight before dragging someone else into this mess.

Sometimes I think I'd find less gossip and drama by hanging out with my niece's friends on Facebook. smirk

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
About 5 years ago or so I moved just a few miles north of Medina, OH. Not too long afterwards, I noticed Claude Gatewood started posting and that he was from Medina. I looked at his profile and noticed he had a website about his stock making operation with an invitation to tour his shop- with an appointment in advance.

I thought, "Wow! An opportunity to meet another Campfire member locally!" I also thought it was especially neat because he was in the gun business. Had in the back of my mind that maybe someday I'd have him make me a stock if the prices weren't exorbitant. Because what few other interactions I'd had with other members here were so pleasant, I tried calling him to set up an appointment and possibly have lunch if he had the time. I got his voicemail and left a message. No response.

I thought, either he must be busy, or he accidently deleted my message. Later I tried again. Same result. Tried to drive by where his business was, but it was close to the city square, very busy, wasn't really sure of its exact location, and since he didn't seem to want to return my messages, I said, "screw it".

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I sorta gave up on Claude the Fraud about a year ago because I'm in California and he is in Ohio. Now it seems that others have had similar problems.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you art. Finally an end to this.
And skane, sorry I mentioned no names, and ment no foul. I apologize.
just heard another story about art.
No more from me. It's over.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
erased message and sent via pm

Last edited by Oakster; 01/01/12.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

463 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,723
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.