-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not in favor of a "bad guy" thread, I always look at there classified posts before I buy from them, unless I know there
are a "good guy".

It would just cause problems....

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by boswellbuckhunter

I think we need a "bad girl" thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always had a thing for bad girls......

[Linked Image]

Looks like she is at the hunting cabin waiting for her hunter, I don't think I would get much hunting done....lol.

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Another far coaster, between the day shipped and the expected delivery date, literally sent 10s of PMs, emails, and even started a thread on how to deal with a fraudulent seller because he could not understand expected delivery date w/o tracking number, per the method agreed upon. This was after suffering through days of multiple exchanges with him regarding payment options. Geeze, get a money order and just mail it! If it's going to take you a week to figure out how to make a $350 payment, maybe you don't need a semi-auto rifle! Rifle was sent within 24hours of having FFL info and payment, ultimately, it arrived one day later than expected. Two week transaction, zero net gain, painful...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Guess you didn't really mean your public apology to me a few months back......

Goes to show...your really a man of YOUR word!

Let's just go ahead and add liar to your name too...

What a lying piece of trash.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Communication plays a BIG role in trust.

If you're regularly initiating contact with someone who is waiting for payment or goods the other fellow will generally be patient. It's when you avoid contact that someone's suspicions are roused.

Exactly correct!!! With good communications, things can be worked through. The time or two I have been worried is when there was little to no communication.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When all is said and done and transactions cannot be completed because of whatever reason, and regardless of their [bleep] politics, Paypal is your friend.

Take advantage of their sorry asses... payment by Paypal gift is -free- and instantaneous.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I can't seem to recall many, if any transactions on these classifieds where someone was legitimately ripped off.

There's been deaths in the family that caused someone to go AWOL, health issues, genuine misunderstandings, and other general BS (as I just had to put up with). I almost always ship before payment is received and to be honest, I don't even check the "good guy" list - I just assume the folks here are trustworthy.

The problem with a "bad guy list" is that there are a few folks here who THRIVE on drama and post their little popcorn eating icons and start sharpening their axes, despite not being involved int he transaction, and before they even know the entire story. It makes their DAY to read that there's been a delay, misunderstanding, or whatever.

So in short, I guess if there weren't for the 3rd graders on this forum, I'd be for it. But it would be abused and you'd undoubtedly end up with people on both lists, which would be even more confusing.

--DUck911

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

DANNYL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
BigMag has just sent me a pm stating that a portian of my shipment had been misplaced and not sent and he was taking care of it in the form of a partial refund,and I'll keep what he did send. Which we are both god with.

Last edited by DANNYL; 01/03/12.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by GeoW
When all is said and done and transactions cannot be completed because of whatever reason, and regardless of their [bleep] politics, Paypal is your friend.

Take advantage of their sorry asses... payment by Paypal gift is -free- and instantaneous.

Just a note about this. One can check to make sure, but if you send money as a gift on Paypal I don't think you are covered if something goes wrong. Someone who knows for sure might can let us know.

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
Ronald Reagan

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Didn't I read somewhere that PayPal does not do anything with guns or gun related products? Just askin.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Didn't I read somewhere that PayPal does not do anything with guns or gun related products? Just askin.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What Paypal don't know don't hurt them wink

There is no recourse if the deal goes south but same with a money order, check, or cash... you are screwed either way.

Know who you're dealing with.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I am not sure what the rules are on Paypal. I know they are in cahoots with Ebay and you can buy gun parts (including barrels) and all kinds of accessories on there. So I don't know what their line in the sand is.

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
Ronald Reagan

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I have a PayPal account but prefer not to use it. The Wife uses it for one of her businesses and it seems to work for her.

For anything less than $500.00 or so I'm OK with a personal check. Over that if I haven't done business with you I would want a MO.

I usually pay with a personal check and tell the seller to hold until it clears (it always does).

Most of the time I ship before I receive payment.

www.paracay.com

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Just got back from trip over the holidays and saw this thread. I purchased 1000 rounds of .357 Sig ammo from BigMag for $300 and received 150 rounds of .357 Sig ammo in the mail along with 28 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39 ammo! I received this bullshit ammo after he had my money for 2 weeks and would not respond to my pm's. I have had many good dealings on this forum so I figured everyone was good so I paid by paypal gift. Bad idea! I contacted a mod to ask for advice and have not heard back. I thought the forum might have a system in place for this sort of thing.....

D
D
For those who have been scammed or ripped off by the individual (Jesse Marx) Or "BIG MAG" is his user ID on THIS site, being discussed in this thread, here are additional threads which have a great deal of info and his most recent home address, as well as TX license info.

You see Jesse, you should not scam forum members on any forum.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/lou...tjesse-scammer-alert-release-hounds.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...88-built-notch-texas-2.html#post11390561

The below forum, Jesse scammed nearly $2,900.00 from (2) separate LRH forum members. Somehow the thread is locked, but based on the thread responses, it does not appear Jesse ever resolved the theft by deception 100%...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/please-read-anyone-know-jesse-marx-83112/

Just trying to help anyone who has been scammed by him and is still trying to get their money back, or items delivered.

Last edited by Dyn_o_mite; 01/16/12.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About time for this punk to meet Thunderdick, behind bars...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty soon,he's gonna run outta jelly.....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,568
Posts18,491,848
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.