-accu stock
-20" bbl
-fiber optic sights
-very rough black matte metal AND
9.3x62

Never cataloged.

[Linked Image]

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A "New Age" Savage!
What "normal" cartridge does 9.3x62 compare to?

Bruce
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A 35 Whelen on steroids. 250 gr Accubond @2500 fps. 300 @ 2250, treads hard on the 375 H&H.
Actually far more popular than the Whelen as it was "the rifle behind the door" in all the German colonies back in the day when the "white man's burden" was being shouldered.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've had two custom rifles in this caliber - it is a great caliber. Bullets aren't tough to find and there are some fine premium bullets out there in this diameter. It has been used on the Dark Continent extensively and has a fine reputation there. It is viewed in the same class as the .375 H&H. I still have a .35 Whelen Improved custom rifle and the two rounds are quite similar. You can make brass for either rounds from .30/06. One you neck up to .358, the other to about .366. The 9.3x62 will handle anything on this continent and just about anything else on the planet. The 286 grain bullet packs a nice wallup smile

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks guys.
Even tho the critters will see you coming with this gun, you'll be able to knock em down before they get to you!

Bruce
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by interthem

Never cataloged

So how many did they make? Are they still makeing them?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
That's an interesting gun. I thought I saw a Savage listed with that stock in 30-06 that was issued to Canadian Mounted Police.

Mike

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday - John Wayne
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Never seen one in a Savage. More than a 35 Whelen, just a bit less than a 375H&H. No need for a Magnum action. Legal Elephant rifle in most African countries. I have one, a CZ and love it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kind of curious that you couldn't pass it by, and yet it's still for sale. I hate liars..

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=267415516

[Linked Image]

Been listed for several months there.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do not know Interthem, but he never actually said he bought it. His statement, taken literally, leads us to believe seeing it made him do something but he never tells us what. Maybe he was compelled to share it with us here... just sayin....

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
interthem is Larry Root, also known as oldman1942, BossLady, goodiewrench, iamagunnut, and a dozen different aliases on this site. He gets banned by RickBin, the owner of the campfire, then logs back in under yet another name. He's been caught in lie after lie after lie.

Infamous seller who offers to sell you rifles now on layaway and ship them to you in 6 months when he returns to Wyoming after his wintering in the Keys.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
like with this one that you will remember was on GB for quite sometime - he now seems to have switched to AA - 99 on AA

Gene
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, 99% sure he got banned from gunbroker though he won't say why. Maybe that explains this, he tried to buy from the shop directly and they canceled once they found out he was banned from gb? Don't know.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Isn't he the guy that offers overhyped and overpriced stuff for sale that you can take delivery of 6 months later? Always getting into flames because he is such an arse and that no matter how many time he changes his handle people figure out who he is rather quickly and expose him?

I feel like getting a beer and some popcorn, this could be interesting.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, same guy. All of it's now available over on AA. Take your time, it'll still be listed in 2013.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Romac, sorry I was unclear, yes it was purchased.

Calhoun, Well, if you want one, you can have one too. According to the shop the distributor sent them several. Your apology is accepted, We were unaware there were members who admired liars unless Obama has signed on.

Once it arrives and we have the serial #, we'll give Savage a call and get the story and post it here.

BTW Mr. Calhoun, you should get your facts straight. Talk about lies ! Yesterday T/W the guy you have made a "hate you" vendetta against. The 10% deposit method is working quite well..... 7 rifles sold thus far. As you are apparently unaware, AA has a policy that no items may be listed on that site that are listed elsewhere. So....... can you figure it out why there are no listings on GB ? You also managed to omit his f/b on GB was A+ as it is on AA.

Anyway, the reason for the post was to feature an interesting Savage. A few bitter individuals have tried to wreck the thread, so postings will end until data on rifle is available.
Thanks for the interest. Roger

Thanks, Roger

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
See ya Larry.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun
interthem is Larry Root, also known as oldman1942, BossLady, goodiewrench, iamagunnut, and a dozen different aliases on this site. He gets banned by RickBin, the owner of the campfire, then logs back in under yet another name. He's been caught in lie after lie after lie.

Infamous seller who offers to sell you rifles now on layaway and ship them to you in 6 months when he returns to Wyoming after his wintering in the Keys.

Calhoun, you don't have to respond to me personally, but for the sake of the forum, you said once before on another thread you took two minutes and tracked this guys computer signature or some such. I don't know the language, sorry. Can you clarify? This guy sure responds oddly to being called a liar...

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He always lies and says he's part of the gun club in Wyoming that Larry belongs to and they all share internet accounts, blah blah blah.

Then he's so stupid he always comes on the campfire and posts the same pictures of the same guns that he did under previous aliases.

Bad enough he gives out incorrect advice and dangerous advice, but when it came out that he was taking campfire members handles on gunbroker/eBay/etc. and adding them to internet blacklists for bidding that really went over the top.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I guess I'm a little cynical too from things just like you say. I recently saw a new GB user named Charlie Hancock, which of course is recognizable from another gun auction site. But it's just a GB username, it could be anybody using this guys handle. I read this auction posted above and it would be hard to pick up red flags just based on the auction itself, except that the 10% down and buy it next summer is obviously weird. I still think the best thing you can do is have some good communication before bidding, but it's not always possible. Man, it's a minefield.

LOL
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (10gaugemag, 673, 907brass, 79S, 21 invisible), 1,892 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,481
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.