Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#5964493 12/26/11
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
A close friend wants a left hand Ruger 77 stainless laminated stock .243. It can be a MKII or Hawkeye. I'm keeping watch on the online auctions. Any info or one for sale will be appreciated. Dave

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Dave,

Ruger doesn't make them(243 cal) in that configuration(stainless w/laminate stock); only a blued steel, walnut stocked 243 in the hawkeye. 77 MK II was never made in 243 cal for a Lefty.

Leftybolt

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been looking for a lefty ruger 243 for my girlfriend for some time

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by leftybolt
Dave,

Ruger doesn't make them(243 cal) in that configuration(stainless w/laminate stock); only a blued steel, walnut stocked 243 in the hawkeye. 77 MK II was never made in 243 cal for a Lefty.

Leftybolt

Ruger hasn't made left hand stainless laminated or synthetic for over 18 months. Just thought I'd post a wanted here in the classifieds in case someone had one to part with or knows where one is.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Dave,

Leftybolt
Ruger hasn't made left hand stainless laminated or synthetic for over 18 months. Just thought I'd post a wanted here in the classifieds in case someone had one to part with or knows where one is.
I'm not sure you understood what leftybolt posted: RUGER DOES NOT AND HAS NOT MADE SHORT ACTION, LEFT-HANDED, STAINLESS MODEL 77s. EVER.

No one will be able to assist you, because the item for which you are asking DOES NOT EXIST.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thanks for clearing that up. I was going by what the guy wanting one told me after speaking to a local gun dealer that is the Ruger man around here. I'll tell him and maybe he'll jump on the 25-06 that was on Gun Broker. Dave

Last edited by Dave_in_WV; 12/26/11.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Dave,

Leftybolt
I'm not sure you understood what leftybolt posted: RUGER DOES NOT AND HAS NOT MADE SHORT ACTION, LEFT-HANDED, STAINLESS MODEL 77s. EVER.

No one will be able to assist you, because the item for which you are asking DOES NOT EXIST.

Umm that is not exactly true... not only have I seen them on a rack at a local gun shop here in 243 and 308, stainless with grey laminate stock.. sporter weight.. I was going to pick one up for Seafire Jr, but he declined as he has gotten use to shooting rifle handed rifles, left handed... and it felt foreign to him...

don't know if these were special production or what... but the store had them and they were marked the same price as the factory stainless Right handed ones with the laminate stocks..

only difference was the lefties had grey laminate and the righties had a nutmeg laminate stock...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Dave,

Leftybolt

Umm that is not exactly true... not only have I seen them on a rack at a local gun shop here in 243 and 308, stainless with grey laminate stock.. sporter weight.. I was going to pick one up for Seafire Jr, but he declined as he has gotten use to shooting rifle handed rifles, left handed... and it felt foreign to him...

don't know if these were special production or what... but the store had them and they were marked the same price as the factory stainless Right handed ones with the laminate stocks..

only difference was the lefties had grey laminate and the righties had a nutmeg laminate stock...
Um, that is exactly true. Pay attention. Ruger does not make, nor have they EVER made a short action, left-handed rifle in stainless. Period.

Go back and look at the rifle you thought you saw. If it was a LEFT-HANDED Ruger and stainless, then it wasn't a SHORT action. If it was SHORT action, STAINLESS STEEL, and LEFT-HANDED, then it wasn't a Ruger. Savvy?

You're welcome to post up the contact data for this alleged shop with these alleged short action stainless steel left-handed Rugers.

Think HARD about your next post.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Huh .... Guess Ruger lies on its own web site then

FOR RELEASE: January 15, 2009
For further information contact:
Ken Jorgensen, Director of Media Relations
603-863-3300

INTRODUCING ADDITIONAL CALIBERS IN
LEFT-HANDED RUGER� M77� HAWKEYE� RIFLES

SOUTHPORT, CONNECTICUT, January 15, 2009 - Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) announces that left-handed shooters now have the option of a Ruger M77 Hawkeye rifle chambered in .204 Ruger, .223 Remington, .243 Winchester, .22-250 Remington, 7mm-08, and .308 Winchester.

The left-handed M77 Hawkeye rifles, with ejection port, extractor, bolt handle, and 3-position manual safety all located on the left side, have made no compromises to the legendary Ruger reliability and ease of operation. The slim American walnut stock offers wrap-around cut checkering on the forearm and rounded contours on the bottom of the stock and top of the pistol grips. The left-handed short action receivers and hammer forged barrels will be available in Hawkeye Matte Blued alloy and Hawkeye Matte Stainless models. Ruger patented scope rings (provided at no charge) install on the integral mounts that never shoot loose.
Additional features of the left-handed M77 Hawkeye Rifles are the smooth and crisp Ruger LC6� trigger, Mauser-type controlled feeding, powerful claw extractor, 3-position safety, and a red rubber recoil pad that provides more effective recoil reduction. The design of the patented steel floorplate, bearing the distinctive Ruger logo, provides easy unloading and eliminates accidental "dumping" of ammunition.

For more information on the newly introduced left-handed Ruger M77 Hawkeye rifles in short action calibers and the extensive line of Ruger products and services, visit http://www.ruger.com.

About Sturm, Ruger: Sturm, Ruger was founded in 1949 and is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of high-quality firearms for the commercial sporting market. Sturm, Ruger is headquartered in Southport, CT, with plants located in Newport, NH and Prescott, AZ.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Dave_in_WV,

Provided you can tolerate a walnut stock you could get lucky and find one.

Hawk eye, stainless lefty in 243 that is.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Huh .... Guess Ruger lies on its own web site then
Huh, guess you got your head up your ass other than being able to provide a quote. It's too bad you can't understand it:

"...will be available in Hawkeye Matte Blued alloy and Hawkeye Matte Stainless models..."

WILL BE AVAILABLE, not ARE AVAILABLE. Savvy? Understand? Can you grasp the subtlety in the wording?

Look here, dumb f*ck:

http://www.ruger.com/search/group/?cat=left

Do you see a f*cking left-handed stainless short action there? Huh, [bleep]*CKER? DO YOU SEE ONE?

F*cking ignorant-ass bitch.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dave_in_WV,

Provided you can tolerate a walnut stock you could get lucky and find one.

Hawk eye, stainless lefty in 243 that is.
Sorry, sport. Ruger doesn't make nor have they EVER made a rifle in that configuration. Pull your head out of your ass next time, pal.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
LOL - Chill out dude.

They said they were going to make them in 2009 - doesn't mean they did or didn't - just mean's they didn't catalog them if they did.

At least we have some documentation that says they intended too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL - Chill out dude.

They said they were going to make them in 2009 - doesn't mean they did or didn't - just mean's they didn't catalog them if they did.

At least we have some documentation that says they intended too.
They haven't made them. Uncatalogued or otherwise. Period. The CM short action models have been available barely three years.

Unlike you and your fellow knobs, I know what I'm talking about when I post. Or I don't post. You should follow that axiom as well.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
BT it's just so fun seeing what information you fail to provide, God knows no one who is sane thinks they are perfect - that being said you sir - set yourself up, and it's hard to believe you get so energetic when we look for you're mistake?

Vanity is a feature of attitude, facts are not.

Let's not confuse the two.

Back to the original posters "ask". Good luck and best wishes finding one, it's probably best to call Ruger to ask - the more calls they get the more likely they'll make them if they haven't yet.

I'm seeing the word "special" when they mention stainless - that seems to be different from the standard Ruger practice...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BT it's just so fun seeing what information you fail to provide, God knows no one who is sane thinks they are perfect - that being said you sir - set yourself up, and it's hard to believe you get so energetic when we look for you're mistake?

Vanity is a feature of attitude, facts are not.

Let's not confuse the two.

Back to the original posters "ask". Good luck and best wishes finding one, it's probably best to call Ruger to ask - the more calls they get the more likely they'll make them if they haven't yet.

I'm seeing the word "special" when they mention stainless - that seems to be different from the standard Ruger practice...
Except you have't posted many facts, dumbass.

You keep advising this person "good luck and best wishes finding one." Finding what, dickhead? Finding what? You'll find a fertile mule or a male calico cat before you find the item you keep advising this person to find. Pull your head out of your ass. For a change.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Any lions show up in SW OK. lately???

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Damn I can't stop laughing, freagin hilarious thread.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
^^yes, yes it is. I like the overzealous language part of it the most :P

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 222ND, 160user, 06hunter59, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 48 invisible), 9,568 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,362
Posts18,546,919
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.