These threads never end well....

Told ya....

GB1

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Any transaction must have both parties agree to the terms of the transaction. the potential buyer asked the seller to hold the item and the seller agreed. He asked for further concessions and (as I understand it) the seller further agreed. Finally,the deal went South. This is just an example of how not to sell something.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've held guns for weeks and months for guys to come up with payment. No big deal.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I (about 2 years ago) bought a take-off barrel through GunBroker.com. I took it to a gunsmith to install on a rifle and he (after examining it) said that the barrel had been installed on at least 2 rifles based on the amount of metal removed from the shank.

I contacted the seller who refused to do anything so I contacted GunBroker and they just referred me to their rules and wouldn't intercede. A lesson learned!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with JeffO. When someone accepts an offer subject to a contingency, it means that there is no deal if the matter upon which the deal is contingent does not occur, as long as the offeror does not act in bad faith to cause the contingency to fail. It does not mean that the offeror is not a man of his word. I would never start a thread under these circumstances.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well, I heard one side of the story. Now I'd like to hear deerhunterjj's side. Still, from what I know now I see no reason to go puplic with this.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kinsman
deerhunterjj : �Yes sir it will be the 2-2 1/2 weeks before the money gets to me. I will get you a money order soon as my money hits my hand. Am i making an since�.

ME: �I can hold it for you for the allotted time but the price is firm at 2750.00. Let me know if you agree to the terms and I will take you on your word and post it sold pending funds�.

deerhunterjj : Sounds fair to me. Just as soon as I get the money order I'm waiting on it will be headed your way. Thank you for working with me on it. If you could pm me payment addy I will let you know just as soon as it goes out. Thanks again�.

So on 01/16/12 this is what I get from him.

deerhunterjj : �Hello well i heard back from him hes having problems with a sale he had so im not sure how long it will be now.. Im really sorry i was 99% sure it would not of been an issue. I want to thank you very much for giving me a chance at it. If something changes and you still have it then i will go from there. Again im really really sorry about this�.

ME: �So what you are saying is you don't want it now or you are still waiting on the money to get to you from another person? I have waited this long and do not relish having to put it back up for sale on all the sites it was listed on. So if you still want it and are having money problems let me know and we will work something out�.

deerhunterjj: �Im still waiting on the funds to arrive. Im not sure how long its going to be for sure. I hate having you hold onto it for how ever longer and it not work out on my end. Its up to you i would like to still have it im just not sure whats all going on with the sale of my rifle now. The guy that bought my rifle is having issues with his buyers payment arrangments. I guess all i can do is give it a day or two and see if i can get more info on the money issue and get back to ya�.

Really not sure what the problem is. Things didn't work out. Minor inconvenience maybe but the man didn't seem to mislead in any way.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No real harm done, was there? It sounded like he was up front with things from his end, asked you politely to wait, and you agreed. You knew he was waiting on funds from a third party, and we all know how THAT usually works out. I agree, you were inconvenienced, but did he lie to you? Stop payment on a cheque? Sometimes things don't go as planned. Don't stress over it.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And another thing I don't post much but, I read alot and all over this form is b!tch, moans and complaints about this politician or that politician not doing what they said they were going to do and everybody on here is up in arms. Yet when some person gives his word and then does not follow through it is no biggy.
Well I think alot of you guys should start looking inside at your own ethics before you B!tch about the politicians. Because if we are not accountable for our own actions then how can we expect our politicians to be? It is a slippery road you drive.
Have a good night.

So it is unethical for people to B!tch about politicians, but it is all fine and dandy to drag someone's name through the mud because you are unhappy with how things worked out, when he TOLD YOU HE DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY YET. Lesson learned...you knew he couldn't pay yet, but you still accepted the offer...YOUR FAULT.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
note to self.....seems ok to deal with deerhunterjj cause he communicates but dont deal with Kinsmen cause if the slightest thing beyond your control goes wrong he is gonna beotch.....

firm believer in chit happens....see nothing to indicate deerhunter tried to [bleep] over anyone.....he was clear up front, didnt mean yah had to accept his terms....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I never mark an item SPF. It's not sold until the $$ is in. Meanwhile, if the $$ never shows, other people already think the item is sold.

Last edited by sse; 01/19/12.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some people would b1tch if they were hung with a new rope.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
"note to self.....seems ok to deal with deerhunterjj cause he communicates but dont deal with Kinsmen cause if the slightest thing beyond your control goes wrong he is gonna beotch....."

+1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I bought a 220 Swift here on the fire, on a deerhunterjj orchestrated deal with one of his buds, all went well and the rifle is more accurate than he described, and the 200 pieces of new brass was just that.

gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
note to self.....seems ok to deal with deerhunterjj cause he communicates but dont deal with Kinsmen cause if the slightest thing beyond your control goes wrong he is gonna beotch.....

Kinda the way I see it too. Seems to me like deerhunterjj is a stand up guy. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fulksrun
"note to self.....seems ok to deal with deerhunterjj cause he communicates but dont deal with Kinsmen cause if the slightest thing beyond your control goes wrong he is gonna beotch....."

+1

+2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
This is not a tragic story. You did not lose money. Your fault for agreeing to wait. First person with cash wins in my book.

winna winna, tell he what he has won Ed.....seriously, you aren't out anything but time here. Re-list it and move on.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Quote: Winnie1300 Yeah poor ethics, but do not get discouraged. The good people to trade with out weigh the bad.

It does'nt seem to be that way, If you read the replys on the thread, I'm in the wrong according to them.

I guess their is very few real people left : Winnie1300, 1minute, slumlord, Miss Lynn, Rock Chuck :)Thanks

You are going to get slammed because everyone here believes these things should be handled via PM. Risk of doing business on the honor system sometimes. No slight against any particular person on here, but you have your good and your bad. The good far outweighes the bad IMO. As I said, it only cost you time. What exactly did you think would happen with this thread? There have been dozens exactly like it in the past, none of them turn out well.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
money talks
b.s. walks
you aint gonna get that rifle in my 3 lock box............

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes
Originally Posted by rrroae
I don't really see what's bad enough about what happened to publicly call a fella out for it.

Things didn't work out like he anticipated and he let you know instead of keeping you in limbo.

It's aggravating on your end but it's not like the other guy tried to get one up on you.

+1.

Not like he swindled you out of money for chrissakes.

Certainly an inconvenience but it doesn't appear he was intentionally deceitful.

I strongly agree here. The only thing "lost" was time....

I don't think it was right to call him out like that.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1lessdog, 19rabbit52, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 67 invisible), 3,140 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,312
Posts18,526,258
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.