Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'll take the chance and go see them. I'm a Stooges fan from way back. Let's hope Hollyweird has not done them too much damage. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I laughed out loud at the trailer, especially the last bit with the lobster down Larry's pants.

Good comedy is timeless, and real slapstick is a genre you don't see much of anymore except for "Jackass" movies, and I won't get started on those.

The world changes, the originals are all dead. If this brings the stuff I loved as a kid in front of a new generation then more's the better. In today's uber-PC climate I won't be surprised to see lawsuits when, after seeing the movie, some 8 year old takes a hammer to his brother's head or pokes his sister in the eye. Woo woo woo woo woo! Nyuck, nyuck nyuck! grin

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pumpgun

Have to admit I was expecting to see pix of obama reid and pelosi,

tom

Ya mean like this?

[Linked Image]

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Moe, Larry, & Curley yes.
Obama, Biden, & Pelosi no.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I couldn't stand The Three Stooges as a kid. Didn't appreciate them until I was over 40. Now I laugh so hard I need supplemental oxygen. Nice to see them back.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
"Calling Dr. Howard,,,,,,calling Dr. Fine,,,,,,, calling Dr. Howard!!!!!!!"

Always do that when we are in hospital with wifey..... It really pizzes her off!!!!!! grin

Bob N

Hey, next time you can get close to the microphone at a restaurant, especially near Lake Tahoe, just announce: "Donner Party of 40, your table is ready."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't get used to seeing them in color,.or in "today's" surroundings. Doesn't work for me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Watch them every time they come on (a sure sign of my maturity according to my wife, women just don't get it) smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Agree with the guy who said he couldn't stand the stooges asd a kid, but appreciates them now.

A nun is trying to teach the stooges to read, and Curly says, "I don't need no teaching; I can already read!"

Nun says, "is that right?", as she opens a book and hands it to Curly. "Read something from the bottom of this page, then..."

Curly takes the book, and says, "OK, no problem. Umm, OK, right here it says, "Paginnny".

The nun looks shocked and surprised, not recognizing the word, and takes the book from Curly to see the mysterious word.

She look at the book, and then disgustedly says, "that reads "PAGE NINE"!

wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thought this was going to be about bambam, harry and nancy. Didn't know it was going to be a serious thread grin.

I liked the Three Stooges as a kid . . . can't stand them now. Guess I grew up.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are paying a complement to the Stooges, I think Will Sasso is in this, its looks like its going to be gut busting funny. Some years back they did a Bio Pic of the Stooges that was very good in my opinion. They are recognized for the comic geniuses they are. But it came late as the brothers were passing way. The same for The Marx brothers. There Humor withstands the only thing that counts time. I still bust a gut at all there antics. And I was born when the Stooges were part of hollwoods pass. I still remember watching Three Stooges shorts on local tv at 4 pm. Mom never did understand why I loved it. Most women would never get it.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Expected this to be about them TN gals.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No not really as I have absolutely no use for OBAMA, REED or POLOSI.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Let's stop the thread hijack and get back on track.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Plinker
The depth of the Stooges is something most women do not appreciate.

Yup the great pie fight. Years later, Johnny Carson was doing a skit on the tonight show, where he was supposed to get hit with a pie. He lammented that pie throwing had become a lost art grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by WranglerJohn
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
"Calling Dr. Howard,,,,,,calling Dr. Fine,,,,,,, calling Dr. Howard!!!!!!!"

Always do that when we are in hospital with wifey..... It really pizzes her off!!!!!! grin

Bob N

Hey, next time you can get close to the microphone at a restaurant, especially near Lake Tahoe, just announce: "Donner Party of 40, your table is ready."

Stooge trivia time!!!!!!

Remember that show on NBC "St. Elsewhere"????? Sometime if possible,,,, listen to the background PA announcements when they page a doctor!!!!!!!! One of the producers/directors was a big stooge fan! They used it in many shows!!!!

Bob N.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Actually, I think I'm a bit surprised they would reprise this. I mean with all that (gasp) violence. You know, the nose tweak, the double face slap, the forehead slap, the "hit my hand and it swings around and clunks you on the head" trick and the mother of them all, the eye poke.

How many injuries are going to be caused by this remake if they actually do these terrible things? Oh the horrors. smirk

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Loved watching them as a kid. This one might be worth getting on DVD.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Loved 'em! By the looks of the trailer, they actors studied hard and have the mannerisms and voices down cold. Not sure it will translate some 60 years after its heyday, but why not give it a chance.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 222Sako, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 71 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,788
Posts18,496,024
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.