Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
T
he Judge is a very, very polarizing handgun. Generally speaking they are either well liked or hated and the haters are usually those with a combination of a lot of handgun experience in general and little to no Judge experience in particular.

Cole, one does not need to eat a "turd" to know that it is not good to eat

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475
T
he Judge is a very, very polarizing handgun. Generally speaking they are either well liked or hated and the haters are usually those with a combination of a lot of handgun experience in general and little to no Judge experience in particular.

I'll take your word on that one since I've personally never ate one nor had the desire and it's one thing I'd consider you an expert on.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
T

I'll take your word on that one since I've personally never ate one nor had the desire and it's one thing I'd consider you an expert on.

Again you miss the mark with your logic, I mean lack of

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
T

Again you miss the mark with your logic, I mean lack of

Nah, you just didn't understand that I called you an expert at eating shixt. What you've got is what we used to call a "low IQ". Not your fault and not much you can do about it so...there it is son. There it is.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The Judge would not be my 1st choice in a self-defense handgun, (or 3rd or 4th for that matter). The one I shot was bulky and kicked a lot more than I thought it would, not good for fast follow up shots. There are a lot better choices out there than the Judge.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jstall
The Judge would not be my 1st choice in a self-defense handgun, (or 3rd or 4th for that matter). The one I shot was bulky and kicked a lot more than I thought it would, not good for fast follow up shots. There are a lot better choices out there than the Judge.

Starting with a Rambo knife.

Travis

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Nah, you just didn't understand that I called you an expert at eating shixt. What you've got is what we used to call a "low IQ". Not your fault and not much you can do about it so...there it is son. There it is.

I known exactly what you called me. The problem is the logic that you use to come to that conclusion is greatly flawed and proves a point about you that you are unable to grasp

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife REALLY wants one and my intent is to buy same when/if I get a bonus this year

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
do a little google work and see what others have found about the shot patterns from a Judge.

At 30 feet, I'd let you shoot at me with one.
A jean jacket would stop any bird shot that happened to find a hit.

There are a lot of better 45 LC's out there!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by iambrb
My wife REALLY wants one and my intent is to buy same when/if I get a bonus this year

I'd want my wife to be much better armed

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
do a little google work and see what others have found about the shot patterns from a Judge.

At 30 feet, I'd let you shoot at me with one.
A jean jacket would stop any bird shot that happened to find a hit.

There are a lot of better 45 LC's out there!

Most people are using either data from old articles or have personal experience with standard .410 ammo.. After the Judge came out there have been some real inroads in self-defensive .410 ammo specific to the Judge.. (Mine's an earlier, 2 1/2" model.. The 3" looks ridiculous - but I digress)..

Y'all need to keep in mind (ignoring the .45LC for a minute) that any .410 with most birdshot just isn't going to do much except break clays in skeet or down Starlings at 20 yards - and that's with a longer barrel.. Because the J has a short, rifled barrel (to allow it to be legal) the pattern from standard ammo is gonna look more like a donut at 7 yards...

Now, I use mine when I mow the lawn - the striped gophers allow me to get close with the mower running and I use that wide pattern with 9 shot to dispatch the little bastids at 10 feet w/o having to slow the tractor down.. Sorta like ridin' and ropin'.. laugh

But load it with some of this new dedicated self-defense ammo and it becomes a rather decent force if used to repel a dickhead tryin' to burst his way into your bedroom.. Recent tests with the new stuff has made the little .410 into a potent round with a very usable pattern.

Used correctly, for the best purpose to match the features, it's a decent handgun.. I've not had a single functional issue with mine. YMMV..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

WOW, that video really proved the terminal effectiveness of the 410 shot shell from a revolver. I mean the Winchester shot shell penetrated completely through that paper target and we all know how difficult a sheet of paper can be to penetrate. The taking of the melon was priceless with the tough reputation that they have

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

WOW, that video really proved the terminal effectiveness of the 410 shot shell from a revolver. I mean the Winchester shot shell penetrated completely through that paper target and we all know how difficult a sheet of paper can be to penetrate. The taking of the melon was priceless with the tough reputation that they have

Your killen me laugh

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

My favorite part was how he demonstrated the "torso" area. "Threat terminated!"

Originally Posted by temmi

Your killen me laugh

Last edited by Landrum; 01/23/12.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder how many people have bought them and then handloaded the .410's with all sorts of odd projectiles, screws, gravel, rock salt, etc. Sort of like a mini-blunderbuss. grin

MissLynn, if you buy to help the guy and have a fun plinker, you should not lose too much money when you sell it, as they are fairly popular. For "serious social purposes" I'd spend the money elsewhere.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your explanation was much better on the technical end than mine was. Very good post.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Let's replace that melon with your head and see if the results are the same..

Just sayin'... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Considering the fact that his head is quite a bit harder than any melon, further upholds the notion that the Judge is a losing proposition for defensive purposes..... grin

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Redneck

Let's replace that melon with your head and see if the results are the same..

Just sayin'... smile

Oh Christ... Not that argument...

Redneck,

Have you ever hunted with a pistol chambered in the .410?

Travis

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,154
Posts18,484,287
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.