2.5" Shotshells, 6.5" TRACKER, 5 Shot, Blue Finish, (Was $608) Now $339.99

GB1

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by PAMac
I would suggest you not buying it for a good price only if someone would volunteer to stand 10ft in front of you while you unload 3 rounds into them showing you how ineffective the rounds are, heck they can even wear a leather jacket! After the smoke clears and they say "see what did I tell ya", I would then decline the sale.
You can even alter the rounds .410 buck shot , slug, then 45 LC

It may not be the ideal self defense gun, but it still will work.
Not a bad idea having a few around the house in special hidden spots out of reach of your grandaughter JIC you need something right now and you are not near your main protectice firearm.

So any volunteers?

That is such a moronic idea that you should be ashamed for wasting internet bandwidth with such babble. frown

There are many, many better self-defense weapons than the horrible Judge. The Judge is a revolver for the retarded people who can't/won't listen to reason. People with zero understanding of firearms in general. People so stupid that they likely will vote for Obama again.

I can't think of a pistol or revolver off hand that isn't better than the Judge. The Judge truly is a very bad choice for self-defense - unless you are being attacked by a watermelon.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yep, the Judge is a lightning rod.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Miss Lynn-----Buy it. I just got one for my wife. We shot my buddy's a couple weeks ago. My wife really liked it. I got her one with a 3" barrel---blued for $410. Plan on having it next to night stand loaded with Federal's 000 buckshot loads.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dla

( frown what a civil way to start off a reply, very big of you frown )
That is such a moronic idea that you should be ashamed for wasting internet bandwidth with such babble. frown

There are many, many better self-defense weapons than the horrible Judge. The Judge is a revolver for the retarded people who can't/won't listen to reason. People with zero understanding of firearms in general. People so stupid that they likely will vote for Obama again.

I can't think of a pistol or revolver off hand that isn't better than the Judge. The Judge truly is a very bad choice for self-defense - unless you are being attacked by a watermelon.

Ok from what I see she is going to help a friend out with a purchase so said friends wife will not sell it... I see it as her buying it cheap for awhile until things settle down and he might buy it back.... For two bills it is not a bad investment. If the case said above is not what is happening she could at least resell and make another fifty or so. But while having it why not put it to use? If the rounds don't work she can beat the crap out of the intruder with it. I didn't say what you are suggesting I said.

Your statement: There are many, many better self-defense weapons than the horrible Judge
My statement: It may not be the ideal self defense gun, but it still will work. (read on and you will see I implied as an extra)

My case: help out a friend, have an extra firearm, didn't really lose money, only out $200 Instead of footing out $800 for a smith .357 mag. (which is a better gun.) It is marketed to the public so well she wont have a hard time reselling if she has to. From what I know about her she could put a heck of a hurting on someone using an ice cube tray.

As for me I wouldn't like looking down the barrel of it or even a .25 auto for that fact......

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PAMac
I would suggest you not buying it for a good price only if someone would volunteer to stand 10ft in front of you while you unload 3 rounds into them showing you how ineffective the rounds are, heck they can even wear a leather jacket! After the smoke clears and they say "see what did I tell ya", I would then decline the sale.
You can even alter the rounds .410 buck shot , slug, then 45 LC

It may not be the ideal self defense gun, but it still will work.
Not a bad idea having a few around the house in special hidden spots out of reach of your grandaughter JIC you need something right now and you are not near your main protectice firearm.

So any volunteers?

You're as funny as Cole.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by P_Weed
RE: (A family friend is selling his.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CDNN is selling brand new: = = TAURUS JUDGE 45/410" = =

3" Magnum Chamber, 3" Barrel, 5 Shot, Blue Finish, (Was $648) Now $339.99

2.5" Shotshells, 6.5" TRACKER, 5 Shot, Blue Finish, (Was $608) Now $339.99

No they're not bad prices if you have an FFL. If you don't, you won't get those prices since CDNN is a wholesaler. I don't think you'll get a new one for less than $400, all told. $400 would be a good price, in fact.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Probably the clown shoes and red nose....

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=4LuWEa_43oY[/video]

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
CDNN - DOES sell to the public ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CDNN does not only sell 'wholesale', they also sometimes sell below 'distributor', and 'manufacturer's' cost.

I have purchased just about ALL my firearms from them in recent years. My latest acquisition is a Ruger Single-Six SA Revolver, .17 HMR, Stainless Steel, Rosewood grips, Adj. Sights, 5.5" barrel - $339. (+ $14.95 for shipping including Insurance.)

CDNN is EASY to do business with - Just a toll free phone call.

I call them, place order, use my bank card number, pawnbroker's FFL number ... and CDNN ships to pawn shop same day. NO HASSLE.

ANYONE can do it.

An accommodating FFL holder is NOT hard to find. Mine charges a $20 fee. I ordered 4 firearms once and he still only charged $20 (TOTAL).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Oh - I'm not saying the Judge is worthless. Just that there are way too many other guns I'd buy first, for whatever.

re: Comparing the PDX load with .45acp...Yes the 230gr loads generally aren't much faster - but they're 230gr, as opposed to three disk-like projectiles at maybe 60gr (?) a piece. I wouldn't even count the BB's. No comparison!
I don't think Lee is comparing one disc to a hardball load. I took it that he's saying that the discs should penetrate just as well as 45 Hardball which nobody knocks.

If he isn't, he's not paying attention. Those three disks are not going to strike the same exact spot and therefore will not penetrate like a 230gr round will. To say otherwise is silly - and kinda argues against the point of buying the gun anyway.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd rather compare your hardball to my Hornady Critical Defense 45 Colt's. One 45 to center mass followed by a Winchester to the noggin should do for most bad guys short of Bigfoot.

Most of y'all that are hatin' on the Judge probably secretly have one that you get out before you go to bed and fondle.

Well gee, we're back to the point that a .45 Vaquero would be a much better gun.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
There are no real reasons not to own a Taurus Judge.

There are very real reasons not to depend on one for personal protection.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I'd rather compare your hardball to my Hornady Critical Defense 45 Colt's. One 45 to center mass followed by a Winchester to the noggin should do for most bad guys short of Bigfoot.

Most of y'all that are hatin' on the Judge probably secretly have one that you get out before you go to bed and fondle.

Well gee, we're back to the point that a .45 Vaquero would be a much better gun.
I agree if you were going to use it for CAS.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

CDNN does not only sell 'wholesale', they also sometimes sell below 'distributor', and 'manufacturer's' cost.

I have purchased just about ALL my firearms from them in recent years. My latest acquisition is a Ruger Single-Six SA Revolver, .17 HMR, Stainless Steel, Rosewood grips, Adj. Sights, 5.5" barrel - $339. (+ $14.95 for shipping including Insurance.)

I call them, place order, use my bank card number, pawnbroker's FFL number ... and CDNN ships to pawn shop same day. NO HASSLE.

ANYONE can do it.

An accommodating FFL holder is NOT hard to find. Mine charges a $20 fee. I ordered 4 firearms once and he still only charged $20 (TOTAL).

That's great. You've got a $340 gun plus a $20 fee which is $360 plus another $20 or $30 shipping making a subtotal of $380 mol plus tax which will be probably 8%. Another $30 puts you in the gun at $410.

Here's my original quote...

My Judge cost me about $500 all told with taxes and everything because I bought it brand-new from my local dealer. I could have shaded his price by about $50 but would have ate the money in gas driving to where I could do that. You don't see a lot of Judges for sale used. You still should pay less for a used one though. If it is blued, deduct say $50 and if it is a 2 1/2" chamber deduct another $25. I would want to get it for no more than $350 if it was configured in such a way and no more than $400 if it was mine. These figures are for a gun that appears unfired. Lower them substantially for much apparent wear.

Here is my post to you on the matter...

No they're not bad prices if you have an FFL. If you don't, you won't get those prices since CDNN is a wholesaler. I don't think you'll get a new one for less than $400, all told. $400 would be a good price, in fact.

I attend gunshows a lot. I know what I'm talking about. I've had an FFL and have dealt with and watched CDNN's prices for years. That's a decent price for an inferior model to the one I have. Prices have also went down since I got mine. As to them selling to "individuals"...yes, they do, to individuals who possess FFL's, such as your pawn guy. Not to you.

I believe that you were the one who was touting those Beretta Bisleys awhile back from CDNN. IIRC they were sold out. It's easy to have great prices on stuff that is no longer in stock. lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

ANYONE can do it.

Correction. Shipping is $15 and not $20 so take $5 off my figures and come up with about $405.

I've never even seen a Judge for sale used for $340. If you had an FFL, lived in Abilene or near there and could walk in off the street and buy it for that (assuming you had a tax number for Texas), that would be a great price. In fact, it would be wholesale, since they're wholesalers.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm still waiting for some Judge owners to use them on small game.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm unable to wade through all of this "debate". So what'd Miss Lynn decide re the Judge?

Anybody know for sure? Gus? Gus?

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

You may be waiting a long time.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

You may be waiting a long time.
I was deer hunting in December and had mine with me. In Kansas it's legal to use a handgun as long as it meets certain requirements, but we don't have a dedicated handgun season. Anyway, I was hunting with my 25-35 but the Judge was holstered. This fricking squirrel comes out of nowhere and appears above me and to my left on this tree branch. I was in such thick stuff that the branches were all interwoven above me. This tree rat has a big walnut in his mouth carrying it. He stops short about three yards from me just staring. Then he crashes onto the limbs above me, goes right over me and vanishes. But as he's going over me, he drops his walnut and danged near gets me in the head.

I don't know when squirrel season is, but I almost drew the Judge and shot him in self-defense. I only had it loaded with 45 Colts though and probably would have blown him in two.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hmmm.... I'm confused by your narrative. So you did, or you didn't blow him in two? Did you shoot at all? Did the walnut raise a knot on yer noggin?
laugh

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,776 guests, and 1,374 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,216
Posts18,485,508
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.