Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Upstate South Carolina--Won't say it's the Best, but pretty good. Sounds like you're at a serious decision, so I've put some effort accordingly. Forgive me the length, but hopefully worth your while.

Fishing: Reservoirs like Hartwell(BassMasters Classic 2008), Keowee, Jocassee, Russell, ClarkHill all w/in 70 miles. Lake Murray/capital Columbia/USC 2 hrs. away. Chattooga River(Deliverance Fame) Trout and Whitewater < 1hr.
Lot's of Waterfalls around! National caliber HotAir Balloon Festival. 'Fresh Peach Capital of THE WHOLE WORLD!' Sweet Ice Tea and BBQ, fried liver, tater salad, shrimp boils and cornbread.
Hunting: long seasons--WT Deer(starts August! in the LowCountry, hunt 'em in velvet if'n u want), Turkey, Bear, Hawgs;
Wild Bird Hunting(ie. Quail) is pretty much gone now, no grouse, plenty of 'yotes tho' : Excellent Dove/Duck Shooting Sept-Dec. State Dog is the Boykin Spaniel.

3 hrs. from Charleston/HiltonHead/FrippIsland. 5hrs.MyrtleBeach/GrandStrand Golf, and Blue water Fishing.
Affordable property/taxes(state income tax, sales tax 6%). Excellent healthcare delivery w/ university teaching hospitals; solid schooling;
Clemson U whistle Furman University, Wofford College

Snow/skiing 2hrs. away in NC(highest lift-serviced skiing east of the Rockies, 6k ft.)
Diverse economic base-- NA HQ's for Michelin, huge BMW plant, banking, tech, education, healthcare; semi-pro sports come n' go.

Theatre, Music, Museums, Art&Science, multi-cultural restaurants Greenville(300k pop.) is the center, if you want a larger cultured city; med. size look to Spartanburg/Gaffney/Anderson/Clemson; smaller towns Greer/Easley/Pickens/Seneca and TravelersRest in the FootHills; Beaufort on the Coast is a great town!
Asheville NC and Charlotte NC(Pro sports) 90 miles north, HotLanta GA 2 hrs. south. Brevard NC is a great small town, too.

Mild winters, occ. light snows, hot/humid long summers, but 4 distinct seasons, hardwoods/laurels/poplars. Plenty of water everywhere(see below). Excellent interstate highway system..I85 n>s, I26 e>w making for major drug traffic but mostly passing thru; I feel safe here, insured by glockusa and S&W.

SC tol' the Federal Gov't to GTFO in 1861, attitude ain't much changed. No open carry, concealed 'shall issue' state, instant background check/cash & transfer FFL's w/out waiting periods,;

Politicians here are Still Interested in $$$, p**sy and their good ol' boys--eg. Strom, Jenrette, Ravenel, J.Edwards, J. Jackson, Sanford, Haley-- "The Dominant Political Party of SC is the 'TOGA PARTY'!"--- must be in all that water laugh

Brought up here, moved North and West, came back-- I like a simple life..with options---we'll stand our ground while welcoming your friends grin Ain't Nothin' like Southern Hospitality, gladly given and properly received. Which reminds me--- Tennessee is a mighty fine state offering much the same, too! smile
Hope this is worth a look. PM if I can help. BTW--I'm Not in the SC Tourism industry, just a privileged Palmetto Stater.
Ya'll come on down, ya heah!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
I've lived in Wyoming and currently live in Montana. I do like Montana and I really liked Wyoming (it will always be home) but it seems like not a day goes buy where I don't here of a Meth problem, both in Wyoming or Montana. It is like the western states have become a giant meth lab. Maybe I just am always on my toes and watch for users and read the paper too much but it is really a problem.

from what ive seen its pretty much a nation wide problem cause you can now make it in a pop bottle.....no risks of transporting half way across the country or the like so its cheap and the end user can make their own....looking at stats, dont know if there is anywhere nation wide you can truly escape meth....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd have to look into it more, but my first thought is N.W. Arkansas or S.W. Mo. Seems alot like here with less snow.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Charleston, SC

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pocatello, Idaho near my Brother and Sister who have lived there
most of there lives,Any where to get the HELL out of Alabama!
AMRA

Molan Labe
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
NW Florida -hunting seasons measured in months not weeks.
70* here today.
I lived in Boise for a couple of years and have hunted in Wy and NM desert and mountainous desert ain't for me -too dry.
They forecast rain and if it rains hard enough to wet the road for a few minutes they act like it poured down.Dry -dusty and windy.Although the ppl there were very nice to me and took me in -invited me over for holidays -can't say enough about their hospitality.

Texas would also be nice.
Only thing missing here in Fl. is there are no good looking women.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A small city like Flagstaff, Durango or Laramie between elevations 6k - 8k.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Jocko_Slugshot: Dillon, Montana!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a problam I've always had...I don't want to LIVE anywhere. I just need a place to keep my family and stuff.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eagle River Alaska in the spring/summer/fall and Lahaina Maui in the winter.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Using yer worm again weren't ya? grin Remember when ya want bigger, ya gotta use bigger bait ingwe.

Yep! Only he was in Chicago and he was trolling for "BLACK MOUTH!"

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I would live Right herra where I sit.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been sworn to secrecy by those campfire members that already reside in that neck of the woods....

Trust me though, it's heavenly!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AMRA
Pocatello, Idaho near my Brother and Sister who have lived there
most of there lives,Any where to get the HELL out of Alabama!
AMRA

9 years, 9 months and we will. Considering Cheyenne, Wy, Ogden, UT and been researching Pocatello, ID. Plenty of time to work it out.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Southwest Montana

Stush
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Somewhere back in North Idaho where we used to be. Lewiston or Kendrick would work out well.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
North Idaho Sucks, Because Montana Blows.

N. Idaho and Montana are HORRIBLE places to live. Don't think about even moving there. HIGH TAXES, Overcrowding in Schools, Traffic like there is NO tomorrow. Winters with HUGE amounts of Snow. The list goes on and on.

Stay the hell out of our states. You can visit but make sure you go home.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
About a hundred miles southwest of where I sit. Oklahoma has better state politics in a lot of ways, than Kansas. Slightly better weather.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I could live anywhere in the world, I'd live exactly where I live right now, but I'd add a larger garage. Just doesn't get better than southwest AK...

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Panhandle of Florida. Low cost of living, great hunting & fishing, excellent climate, & friendly people.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (22250rem, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 48 invisible), 1,973 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,003
Posts18,481,415
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.