Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch
Ed Brown 1911 Kobra!! It was a beautiful gun and I think my disappointment was with the 1911 rather than that particular maker or pistol. Turns out I'm just not a 1911 kinda guy... frown

You mean you walk without draggin' your knuckles?

LOL

Last edited by ColsPaul; 02/09/12.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ruger Super Single Six - barrel was so crooked the rear sight couldn't be adjusted far enough to bring it on center. I returned it and Ruger adjusted the rear sight to the center and sent it back. I returned it again with targets and an extensive explanation and Ruger again adjusted the sight and sent it back.

I called the third time and insisted on getting it repaired and they finally got it right. It was a nice gun after that but its history posioned my feelings - sold it.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch
Ed Brown 1911 Kobra!! It was a beautiful gun and I think my disappointment was with the 1911 rather than that particular maker or pistol. Turns out I'm just not a 1911 kinda guy... frown

You man you walk without draggin' your knuckles?

LOL

Barely! wink

WAR EAGLE!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by scotts94_z28
Savage 14 Classic 7mm-08. Shot 4"+ groups from the factory. Returned it for repair, they "fixed" it and sent it back with a test target showing a 2" group with $40 a box ammo and said that was good enough. Needless to say the gun went down the road and I no longer own or buy Savage products.

I had the same experience with the plastic-stocked version, same chambering. I was also displeased with the handling, that it was still set up as a long action, and the center box magazine. I could have forgiven those things if it shot great, but it didn't. I only bought it because of how wonderfully my Savage .22lr shot.

Another was a Taurus .357. It felt perfect in my hands, but it went back to them 3x when the cylinder wouldn't lock-up. It too, went down the road.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck
AMT Automag II

What a pos..

This was my worst purchase as well. It actually had what appeared to be gas ports in the chamber so when the 22 mag shell went off the brass expanded into them. The brass had to be knocked out with a dowel. Slide fit problems, piss poor trigger, 200.00 to a local gunsmith later it would make it through half a mag before it would get jammed up.

Worst rifle dissapointment. An 03A3. It was early in my rifle purchasing stage, @ 19 yo. I saved up the money to pic up one of these because everything I had heard and read was that this was the quintisensial battle rifle of it's generation. I went to show after show and visited local dealers to find one in the best condition/unsporterized form. I finally found one that looked great and had matching numbers. It would not feed or fire. A trip to a "local" smith 80 miles away and a three week wait got me a rifle that looked great, kicked like a mule, and shot 4-6 inch groups at 50 yards off of a sand bagged rest with any factory ammunition I tried. So much for "my dream rifle". I sold it for what I originally bought it for.

In rimfire, a marlin model 60 that shot gas and particles in your face right out of the box. Returned to the dealer.

An original WWII era Mauser training rifle in .22 that had all matching numbers and felt like it fit well, also shot as much gas out of the back into your face as it did the barrel. I sold it as a non firing replica to a collector.

Two early CVA muzzleloaders. Both sidelocks. First one broke the percussion insert right off of the gun on the fifth shot. The replacement started out shooting well, for ten shots. Then started to wander bullets all over the target at random. Seems the front screw holding the rear sight in place had cracked and would shift slightly at each shot. Never even considered buying a CVA product again after switching to Thompson Center.

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Remingtons...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

dh1 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Colt 22 like this one. [Linked Image]

Position and size of the mag release makes it impossible to carry in a holster without losing the mag. Still have and shoot it, just lug it around in a gun rug.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GotAmmo
What gun did you just have to buy only later to be totally disappointed with it?

Mine had to be the Beretta PX4 storm 40 cal. Just didn't seem to be worth it to me.

I have given this a lot of thought

It is may 338WM BAR.

That is all

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ruger varmint in 243, shot horrid for any rifle, let alone a varmint. No matter what I did.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bought a LLama .45 when I was about 20 years old. Biggest piece of crap there was. i sold it to a bail bondsman.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

IC B3

M
msc Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Kimber model 89 Super America 338 win mag. From every angle a true pos.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Swampman1
"glued bolt handles" what a goof...

This from the man who wears the Little Lord Flaunteroy hat, get confused on the intricacies of installing a sling and shoots year old spikes in tha ass..Show us your picture in that hat Swampdick...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A S&W 629 purchased new in the box that was so far out of time the hammer would strike between cartridges actually hitting the cylinder. It got sent back for correction and promptly traded,

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DaddyRat
Browning BAR in 338 win mag. My shotgun with 00 shoots better groups.

DaddyRat,

Mine did too.

I sent it back to Browning and they did some work and said it was fixed and sent me some targets with small groups to prove it.

When I shot it, it was 2-3 inches at least.

Someone here told me to switch powders� so I did.

I used a middle of the road load with 200g Nosler BTs and AccuBonds and IMR 4350 and it tightened right up (the load was right out of the Nosler book).

I still don�t like it, too much water under the bridge.

My youngest son loves it.

It was may biggest disappointment too for the same reason.

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My biggest disappointment was of the same nature as yours. It was a Marlin in .35 Remington from the early 90's. I had wanted one for a long time, and there was nothing wrong with the rifle, but after I got it I realized it just wasn't what I wanted.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Back when comic books were comic books, they often had the most intriguing ads in them. Mattel ran a full-page ad featuring their various western combinations. I was smitten with the one that provided the "Colt" revolver, which included the German SS belt-buckle gun in its holster, and a Remington rolling-block rifle, each weapon firing the spring-driven, greenie-capped cartridges that released a gray plastic bullet. Appropriate discussions were held, and the anticipating leading up to Christmas was nearly unbearable. When the wrapping paper finally gave up its treasures, that rolling block was my greatest disappointment. The bullet rattled down the barrel, expending all of its energy against its walls, and barely pooped out of the muzzle. The little derringer, which could be removed from the buckle, spat out its bullet with enough energy to knock over toy soldiers and leve dents in Mom's pilgrim candles from Thanksgiving. The revolver was not much better than the rifle.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Almost forgot about this one. Had a Taurus Tracker 357.

[Linked Image]

I loved this gun. The grips were super squishy and felt great in my hand. Balance was great and pointed like a dream, sights were good and the trigger was good.

However that little gizmo (technical term) that locks the cylinder in battery would sometimes NOT pop up, leaving the cylinder free to spin. Never happened while shooting but gave me the willies thinking about pulling the trigger when the cylinder was out of time.

Sold it to a friend who wanted it with full disclosure. Bought a GP100 to replace it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
ithaca lever action 22 single shot
and remington 742 jam-a-matic

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Ruger #1A, in 243.

Worst shooting gun I have ever seen. You'd be better off using it as a bat, and smacking rocks toward a deer, than to try and shoot one with it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think it was the 105mm Howitzer. Little wussie shell that couldn't hit a rice paddy if it had to with indirect fire beyond a few klicks.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 12344mag, 160user, 32 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,058
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.