Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A Marlin Model 60 and a Model 25... both rimfires and I honestly think HSUS or PETA built them. Because no matter what ammo you shot through them it was a guarantee that no animals were harmed. laugh

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not mine but dad (a police officer) bought a Colt MarkIII Trooper when they first came out. The department had switched over to them from S&W and bought a bunch, offering officers a chance to buy one at a reduced price.
He carried it about a week when the cylinder flopped open and wouldn't stay shut. Sent it in and it was fixed. Dad kept it but went back to carrying his Model 10 heavy barrel. Just didn't trust the Colt.

Hard to say bacause both came with silver linnings.

I was a young teenager and my grandpa gave me a marlin .22 auto. Very cheap and wore out/broke on third use. Used it as a trade on a Browning BL-22 the dealer gave me more in trade than it was worth new. I still have the BL-22. It is a tack driver that will be passed on.

Second was a Smith and Wesson 59 first generation Auto. A 9mm auto that wore itself out and would not hit the paper at 10 yards. Traded it for a Belgian made Browning Lever Action in .308. it is still a great gun.

Ron

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sort of been sitting back and following this since the OP, but in truth I never purchased a gun I was really disappointed in. I purchased a few I knew weren't going to measure up to higher standards of accuracy and such, but it was a conscious decision made for specific reasons. As example, I picked up an H&R Topper in 12 Ga and a Savage SS .22 RF bolt gun that were going to ride in the rack of a three wheeler that roamed the southern reaches of the Everglades. No sense in raping a quality gun with mud and unplanned excursions into trees and stuff.

I guess if anything, the one that weighed heaviest on my soul and stole my humor the most was this:

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WHAT IS THAT..?

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is a 12.7mm heavy machine gun commonly used by targets attempting to shoot down helicopters. Soviet/Chinese man'f. Note the sights for airborne targets. A form of analog computer for lead is the best way I can describe it.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
First one was a new Browning BLR in .358 it took two trips to Browning, they were $%^&* worthless and took months to NOT fix it! I finally shipped it to Neil Jones of Erie PA and had it fixed correctly, anyone need a BLR worked on he is the best.

Second was a new Winchester model 70 feather light in 223 wssm, it took several trips to my local gunsmith and $$$ to get the POS to shoot a decent group. By the time I got it to shoot I was fed up and sold it for half of what I had in it.

Last edited by old_willys; 02/14/12.

Ted
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cooper Excalibur.

The action face was not square with the centerline of the action so the barrel was actually mounted crooked. It took over 15 inches of scope adjustment just to bring the bullet impact back to center at 100 yards. I had the problem diagnosed by a really reputable 'smith.

It was so far off that you could see that the end of the barrel was not centered with the vertical crosswire in the scope.

Makes you wonder what the QC guys were doing that day. Must have been made on a Friday afternoon.

Chet

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ruger 77rsi 308. sweet little gun. first shot out of a cold barrel is dead on. anything after that is a crapshoot. i still have it and one of these days i'll see about getting it right. for now its a hunting gun, not a target gun.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Is a 12.7mm heavy machine gun commonly used by targets attempting to shoot down helicopters. Soviet/Chinese man'f. Note the sights for airborne targets. A form of analog computer for lead is the best way I can describe it.

What was disappointing about it?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta post Dave in here cause it makes me laugh....

Originally Posted by northern_dave

My 81 BLR was a 243.

You had to be very gentle cycling the action or the bolt carrier would over travel, skip a tooth on the gears, go out of time and lock open.

God I hated that thing.

Took it to a gunshow once as trade material for any damn thing but another BLR.

A "Gun dealer" reached for it from the dealer side of a table and as the exchange was made from me to him i heard him say "what is this? a thurdy thurdy??" crazy

I knew I was [bleep], bubba cycled the action like an angry retard and stuck it wide open bigger'n chit.

I looked at him and said "no, sadly it is not your grampa's ole 30-30, It's a browning and you just threw it out of time, thanks."

No trade was made that day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

What was disappointing about it?

It's really disappointing when you're looking down the wrong end. One of those Wily Coyote moments...

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No Sheit! Green tracers and all, CHILLING I SAY, CHILLING!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (405winash, 257robertsimp, 01Foreman400, 35, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 829 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,406
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.