Campfire Regular
K
I'did.

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Think about it. It may pull a change up for the better. Wind.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes all the time.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Another stupid but effective thing I've done; I stole one of my wife's apple scented candles and burned it while hunting in a new spot that I had no time to properly scout. It brought in several does who had their noses in the air looking for a treat. One happened to bring a friend along in tow that I put a tag on the antler of.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I feel like I actually learned something new and significant to add to my hunting knowledge.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by brinky72
Another stupid but effective thing I've done; I stole one of my wife's apple scented candles and burned it while hunting in a new spot that I had no time to properly scout. It brought in several does who had their noses in the air looking for a treat. One happened to bring a friend along in tow that I put a tag on the antler of.

A kid I hunted with in the suburbs one year swore by this. said they come in nose-up.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You should chit in it to hah:)

Model 7's FOR LIFE
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by brinky72
Another stupid but effective thing I've done; I stole one of my wife's .....

Was wondering where that was about to go.....if the scented candles work then i have next season handled....i will just build a bonfire and dump the 18000$ worth of my wifes flameless candle wax on it.. What is the stuff called? Scentsy?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Vanilla, anise, and peanut butter watered down enough to spray through a spray bottle are also good curiosity scents for attracting deer.

For 8 years I lived in the 'burbs and had deer in the 3 acre back yard every evening, up to 17 at one time. I use to put all kinds of stuff out in the yard and see how they reacted to it, watched them work scrapes and jockeying for dominance. Deer are very curious and will check out any interesting scents that they aren't threatened by.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There used to be a oak tree limb that there was a scrape under every year until my Nephew put a scent drippier there. It has been fifteen years and never another scrape. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I feel like I actually learned something new and significant to add to my hunting knowledge.
I've also heard from reading other forums that the sound of a man pissing from 15ft up down onto dry leaves will arouse their curiosity too.

YMMV

laugh

S
S
LMRFAO

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
I've also heard from reading other forums that the sound of a man pissing from 15ft up down onto dry leaves will arouse their curiosity too.

YMMV

laugh

I've heard that they become even more curious if a hunter also drops solid waste from that height, too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Maverick940
Originally Posted by slumlord

YMMV

laugh

I've heard that they become even more curious if a hunter also drops solid waste from that height, too.

i should have them all over me then. laugh

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I noticed many years ago the fact that piss in or near a scrape could cause curiosity or even increase activity. Don't know why, but it does work.

I also have seen that the smell of tobacco will attract deer either through curiosity or something. Not cigarettes, but chewing tobacco. Several times I've had deer walk under a tree where I was sitting 30' above and smell, paw and lick where I was spitting.

The strangest I've seen is the reaction of buck deer to the scent of a woman at...."that time of month". At first I wasn't sure this was a real reaction until I experimented. I "borrowed something from the girlfriend".....used Kotex.....and hung it near a scrape. The next morning there WAS increased activity. The deer had created a NEW scrape under the hanging Kotex and abandoned the original scrape 20 yards away. Since then I've done this a number of times with almost always a positive result.

Note: I tried to get her to go to the woods with me and pee in the scrapes, but she was having nothing to do with that idea.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TexasRick
I noticed many years ago the fact that piss in or near a scrape could cause curiosity or even increase activity. Don't know why, but it does work.

I also have seen that the smell of tobacco will attract deer either through curiosity or something. Not cigarettes, but chewing tobacco. Several times I've had deer walk under a tree where I was sitting 30' above and smell, paw and lick where I was spitting.

The strangest I've seen is the reaction of buck deer to the scent of a woman at...."that time of month". At first I wasn't sure this was a real reaction until I experimented. I "borrowed something from the girlfriend".....used Kotex.....and hung it near a scrape. The next morning there WAS increased activity. The deer had created a NEW scrape under the hanging Kotex and abandoned the original scrape 20 yards away. Since then I've done this a number of times with almost always a positive result.

Note: I tried to get her to go to the woods with me and pee in the scrapes, but she was having nothing to do with that idea.

Chris Hansen might want to talk to you.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Who is Chris Hansen??? I missed the joke I guess.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

S
S
laugh

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
you all are friggin sick puppies

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaa!!!1!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,953
Posts18,480,406
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.