Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
This may have already been posted and I missed it, if so I apologize but I have seen more than one fist fight over:

There's the horse you never rode to the line you never held and the color is the reason why.

I love takin that Jab at the 1st Kevlar Div oops, Worst Cav, er I mean 1st Cav. grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey Lt, help me find the soft spots on the Armor, sure it's easy sir, ya just take this ballpeen hammer and tap the armor, every time you hear the metal make an odd sound you mark an X with this white chalk.

Man was my PSG pissed over that one, had to wash the damn track and mucho push ups, but it was worth it. The Idiot Ringknocker had about 3/4's of the side of the Bradley covered in X's. grin Bored Cpl's are not a good thing, we find our own way to make schit fun. wink

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Ol' Sgt. Mason used to love getting all up in the trainee's face's when they had to go on sick call because they picked up a dose of the clap from a prostitute at one of the club's in Leesville, La. He would would get nose-to-nose, eyeball to eyeball with them, flash his big toothy grin and tell them thanks for their donation to his personal savings account. He said if they didn't believe him to just write down the serial numbers of their money the next time they go there and he would show it to them in formation the next morning.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Leesville, man I have fond memories of that place. grin I am one of the Sicko's that actually enjoyed Fort Polk. But I was there during 5 I.D.'s reign. Tis where i got my Combat patch from.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Back in the late 60's on most weekend night's Leesville was about as wild and woolly as I would imagine any gold rush town, old west cattle town, or mountain man Rendezvous ever was. Back then the military paid cash money once a month and a healthy, red blooded young trainee could build up a whole lot of internal pressure between paydays, so needless to say it could get especially rowdy there on payday.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Geronimo smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
This may have already been posted and I missed it, if so I apologize but I have seen more than one fist fight over:

There's the horse you never rode to the line you never held and the color is the reason why.

Used to say that when I was in the wun-oh-worst, aka "the silly millimeter division". Then I served time in the 1st Cav and found out they always bled from the front. Korea was a long time ago..

Then there's the 1st ID: "If you're gonna be one, you might as well be a Big Red One."

Memory a little fuzzy but:

25th ID, The electric strawberry
4th ID, Rollin' doughnut
101st Abn, Pukin' buzzard

Verse of a song popular in Eagle country and probably modified to suit elsewhere:

Oh Phu Bai, oh Phu Bai, It's one helluva place!
The organization's a f--king disgrace!
There's captains and majors and light colonels too,
with thumbs up their [bleep] and nothing to do.
They stand on the runway, they scream and they shout!
About all those things they know nothing about!
For all of their trouble they might as well be,
a-shovelin' chit in the South China Sea.

There's more but I'll spare ya....

Anyone ever serve in the 1/Last Cav?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Don't get excited on your first enlistment.

Do as I say, not as I do.

If I remember correctly-civilians were feather merchants and business men were the local bond holders.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This ain't Hell but you can see it from here.

Rubbed shoulders now and again with 5th SOG CCN. The wore a patch that was as chilling as it was bizarre. Can't find an image that can be posted here. They were some stone cold beasties on their best of days. Almost as bad as these fellas...

[Linked Image]

Sorry, there's nothing funny here, just legends not forgotten.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"Pull your head out of your fourth point of contact"

Wall to wall counseling

"hey private/lt. we weren't supplied with our dehydrated water tablets, go run some down for us".

"Don't confuse your rank with my authority" MP thing used only in appropriate settings.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
47th ID the flying jockstrap, old MN NG unit.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
http://daverabbit.podomatic.com/entry/2010-12-15T21_07_44-08_00 DigitalDan --Sounds like Phu Bai song --- And to go along with it-- If one screwed up the old saying was " What will they do , send me to Nam"

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You boocoo dinky dau GI....

[Linked Image]

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
If you ain't Mach at the pass, you ain't $hit!

All day, all night, five dollah.

This Jody:
Birdy birdy in the snow...birdy birdy in the snow
Broken wing and broken toe...broken wing and broken toe
Gave that bird a crust of bread...gave that bird a crust of bread
Then I crushed his f...ing head.

The response of one of our J.O's in VF 151 being debriefed by the LSO's after a night bolter on the Midway. "I was doing alright 'til I f...ked up."

If you're trying to accelerate in afterburner and you're not at zero "G", you're wasting gas.

Im sure I'll think of some more.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It were a song, and if drunk enough some would dance along. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Di Di Mau the hell outta here!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
"Hurry up and wait"

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
C-130 Crashing at Katum in '68...

[Linked Image]

The fire on the left wing is barely visible in this picture. The feathered number one prop is obvious. At this point, the front of the aircraft, missing the nose gear, has not yet contacted the runway, but the right side of the fuselage has just started dragging on the ground, and the #4 prop appears to be digging into the tarmac. The aircraft is beginning to veer to the right, headed for the helicopter landing pads. Hatch and Blaser are visible at the controls, but they're not actually controlling anything.

[Linked Image]

When the right side of the fuselage digs into the runway, there's a screech of grating metal and the plane yaws violently to the right, off the runway and toward... the Helicopter Landing Pads.That's the frustration of crashing an airplane - if it's not one thing it's another.

Tower to C-130 on Katum runway "Do you need any further assistance ?"

C-130 to tower
"Not done crashin' yet tower, Will advise..."

http://www.xpertweb.com/Katum/preflight.htm

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mink
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Westpac widows

Navy wives, Coast Guard babies

Puddle Pirates

Brown Water Sailors

grin

Our civilian counterparts in the sea services...

DILIGAF

FUBIJAR ([bleep] U buddy, I'm just a reservist)

A MiG at your Six, is better than no MiG at all!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
POG person other than grunt
MARINE muscles are required intelegence not expected
TAKE INITIATIVE, BUT DONT DO ANYTHING UNLESS YOU ARE TOLD

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,686
Posts18,475,107
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.