Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Was it a drug related death?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Who cares?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Only one person is responsible for my actions, apparently many think otherwise.

Blame and an unwillingness to take responsibility is the scourge of this country.

Spot on, well said Scott.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Unreal.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Beautiful voice, incredible talent, tortured life. May she rest in peace.

μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
such a waste

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Bravo!

Why would I care about that crackhead Whitney Houston?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Beautiful voice, incredible talent, tortured life. May she rest in peace.

Same words came to my head.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Her National Anthem at the '91 Super Bowl was absolutely the best I've ever heard. The wife and I just listened to it a couple days ago. She was amazing...

Black Cows Matter!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I know she made her own choices. It still makes me sad to see someone so beautiful and talented take that path to an early grave.

RIP Whitney.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Guessing he tied her down and continually fed her drugs right up till her death?

Again, it was all HER choice and it's apparently the way she wanted to live her life.

And hanging out with a habitual druggie loser didn't help matters. By the time she divorced him she lost her career ,earnings and apparently her health. It's a another in a million stories I have heard or seen of people with great potential pissing it away.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who cares?

Exactly. What I especially can't stand is the MSM trend lately to protect these douchebag celebrities when this kind of thing does happen by stating that cause of death unknown and may not be revealed for weeks. What bullsh1t! Why is it that you can turn on the nightly news and they can report immediately and roll footage of grieving loved ones on cause of the death of the untold masses that overdose, are murdered, by suicide, horrific accident, etc. But when it happens to a celebrity they can't say and won't even speculate. Sorry, rant over!

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T

I know way too many people on that list....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Some people have everything and piss it away! She made her choices and she has to pay the consequences, maybe death is better than living sometimes?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw her in concert in Baton Rouge on her first tour in 1986 or 1987. Had good seats (first 15 rows or so). I was 19-20 years old, she was 21-22. I stood up after one of her songs when the auditorium was about as quiet as it could be and yelled "I love you Whitney!" laugh She just smiled at me. Her face never said it of course but I'm sure in her mind she was thinking "Crazy drunk white boy.". My date was only mildly amused but she still was a good sport. Whitney was an absolutely stunning talent. No doubt Whitney BBB (before Bobby Brown) was incomparable. Whitney PBB (post Bobby Brown) was just another train wreck example of artists making tragic decisions. That list of course will just continue to grow. Really sad. No idea where her heart was but I'd like to think she's regained her angelic voice and is putting it to good use in praise.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Only one person is responsible for my actions, apparently many think otherwise.

Blame and an unwillingness to take responsibility is the scourge of this country.

Yep.....

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Kingthing0307
Who cares?

Exactly. What I especially can't stand is the MSM trend lately to protect these douchebag celebrities when this kind of thing does happen by stating that cause of death unknown and may not be revealed for weeks. What bullsh1t! Why is it that you can turn on the nightly news and they can report immediately and roll footage of grieving loved ones on cause of the death of the untold masses that overdose, are murdered, by suicide, horrific accident, etc. But when it happens to a celebrity they can't say and won't even speculate. Sorry, rant over!

I caught Steelhead's point on his 1st post. Service folks who paid the ultimate price for giving to their fellow citizens. Then 2/3 's of the thread people sympathizing with a very talented singer who died still taking instead of giving. Celebs just about allways take more than they give. Her voice great, but instead of being a role model for young women everywhere, she shows them how to be a loser. 0307 that's how the liberal media turds roll , nothing new there ,look how they protect Obama and the sh*t he does. Magnum Man

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We still got Dolly.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
She died a number of years ago. She just didn't know it.

Was a shame watching her life flush down the toilette. Her voice was a true instrument.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know, Mag, just venting a bit. Steely said it perfectly above with this bit of wisdom...

"Only one person is responsible for my actions, apparently many think otherwise.

Blame and an unwillingness to take responsibility is the scourge of this country."

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,465
Posts18,489,854
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.