Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Now I will really stir the pot. If you want a Beretta 391 better get one locked down soon. They are being disco'ed.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
grin

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

How tight are the actions on the Huglus? I looked at a Yildiz and the action was really lose and clunky when it was open. My Beretta Silverhawk is tight even after 51 years of use.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by DP4

How tight are the actions on the Huglus?.
Even if they're tight when new, they won't be tight for long..

I've got SKBs from the '70s that still lock up nice and tight - but part of that (along with any other B/O type of shotgun, is how the owner treats it.. I see guys on the line slam their barrels up into position and just cringe at that mistreatment.. No wonder some of 'em get loose in a short time..

Those in the know gently close the action and then thumb the top lever slightly to ensure it's locked.. They NEVER, EVER slam an action closed.. Done correctly, those actions will last a lifetime..

Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Hmmm I see more answers then just surface hardened parts here. Might want to reread his response as it is spot on.
My stars!! (choir singin') laugh laugh

Sorry, hadda laugh.. Some day if we ever meet, I'd still be happy to shake your hand.. Anybody in the trap business is very often a friend I just haven't met yet.. smile

Best wishes.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Redneck I was referring to your post as being spot on. Splattermatic only seem to get the surface hardened parts answer out of your post. But there was more to it then that. I am not really in the Trap business more sporting clays. I do tinker here and there on the trap field.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I reread it, and got it. Just old and a little slow sometimes. We're good. Shotguns are somewhat new to me. Rifles, well, I can hold my own, most times.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
yep, there'll be some heads ashakin.

couldn't pass it for the price, and with the little, compared to some, shooting it'll do, i think it just may work for me.
i know, i know, i will check it over and make sure what's, what, on it, and go shoot it, as i have a 3 day, no questions asked return policy.

i just can't swing an expensive for me, shotgun. and don't want to use the wifes mallard for trap, as we would like to shoot together.

if i get to know this like i do my 870, and it patterns steel, i'd like to shoot ducks with it.
if i find anything i do not like about, it goes back. plain and simple.
you all can laugh, and giggle, but it's what fits my budget.
sorry i'm just an oil field workin class guy, and trying to enjoy life, so it is what it is.

if it fits like the other huglu made shotguns i have shot, then i will be happy. if everything goes bang, and the ejectors work, it's nice and tight, and find no cracks, then it'll be a done deal.
i can't honestly say, i'd fire more than 2 to 300 rounds a year out of it, at the most, and most likely way less.

here's a dehaan u1e.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Looks like a nice gun! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I truthfully carry mine around in the field for miles chasing my dog through the brush and grass, only shooting it occasionally.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Redneck I was referring to your post as being spot on.
Yeah, I know - that's why my response was as it was...
I am not really in the Trap business more sporting clays. I do tinker here and there on the trap field.
Lotsa guys seem to really like sporting clays.. I just couldn't get into it.. Tried it twice - and knew it wasn't for me.. Twice the cost of trap, takes forever to do a round and the courses I went to bored the hell outta me..

Pass.. But I know that's just me..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Can't change the price or shoot time.

However, I'm thinking MCH could show you a couple courses
that are far from boring. grin

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Haha Battue you got a couple of those beautiful courses out your way. Though I have not shot Seven Springs yet! I think if Redneck shot Rock Mountain on that platform station he may just change his mind. Though I have seen a few people not shoot off it before. I think you and I ran that station last year.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Maybe, don't remember.

However, I do remember the station with the targets coming off the high hill. Think I barely cracked two of six, and that one with the low screamer also left me wanting to get on to the next station. grin

Addition: Oh yea, you mean the one that you get to look waaaay down into the valley while you hang out there over the edge?

Last edited by battue; 02/04/12.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah thats the one!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sure sounds a ton more interesting than the boring crap available around here..

'Nother reason to move outta TAX HELL WISCONSIN.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Redneck you should checkout Wern Valley not sure your local to theirs but they are in WI and from what I have seen in pictures and hear it is a very nice club. Also Claybuster lives in WI and I am sure he could tell you the better clubs in your area. WI actually has a few nice clubs from what I have heard.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Bummer - that's about four hours SE of me.. frown

From what the other guys have told me, there isn't really any knockout SC ranges around here (I'm talkin' 75 mile radius..)

Appreciate the thought though - many thanks.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
i'll be picking up the dehaan in just a bit. will report back later. (if anyone cares to know what i think about it.)
also, the cz mallard, huglu made 20 gauge o/u, came back all fixed and ready for the wife to enjoy again.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
yep, i like it. 3in. mags, are a bit stout, not real sure i want to shoot them too much. 2 3/4's on the other hand are nice. shot a few large pieces of cardboard at 30 yards, and both barrels are right on, and pattern center with winchester x pert 3 in., and 2 3/4's.
i think i just may like this shotgun.
no cheek bone smack like with a ruger red label i recently tried, and it comes up in the shoulder pocket, with the rib level.

and no auto safety ! i really like that feature.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I am far from being a gunsmith but I know just a little bit about o/u and sxs shotguns and what constitutes a well made shotgun. Parts in a really good one have to be hand fitted. There is none of this modular fit like that found in semi-auto shotguns. They have to have the proper hardness and finish and follow the correct geometry. The Europeans have been doing this right for quite a while and have it down pat...The turks while building a shotgun knowledge manufacturing base do not have the LEVEL of craftsmen that the Euros have. In football terms think second and third string. If they keep at it for a few years they should improve their quality.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I bought a Huglu about two years ago, excellent hand engraving, very pretty wood AA+ at least. Fit and Finish is at least as good as a Beretta 57E that I owned. Have not shot it that much, only a dozen or so boxes. No issues yet. For the $450 I bought it for I am willing to take the risk. Have read alot about them, so good most not so good. Seems either it will break right away or last forever. I don't shot 200 a week so for me..

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1badf350, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,439
Posts18,489,434
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.