Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by pointer
Anyone taking odds on if he hunts there this year?

You said you were putting last year. Did you?

Dink
Nope.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Dink
Do what I have done- Vow to never buy another non resident Montana hunting license.

Fred

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dink doesn't care about the actual facts for which the residents of Montana have decided upon. His position is that he feels slighted and this forum provides a platform for him to sob, whine and complain. He did this months back. He will do again. Regardless of Montanans decision, he feels that he should have the right to legislate as a non resident. Why else would he piss and moan about Montana as a state and their laws? Must be taking a page out of the current DC administrations book. Well, good luck with that! MTG

Last edited by MTGunner; 02/13/12.

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Dink -- piss on you!! Quit your whining and crying and hunt in your own state. We don't need your kind up here, and we certainly don't need your money. Just STFU.

Last edited by troutslayer; 02/13/12.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by ranger1
OK DINK, I'll play. The residents of MT voted for I161 because they had grown tired of outfitters/leasers hording land/game. I think that the message was rather clear although the bill was rather ineffective in curtailing widespread leasing, at least for the time being. If you'd like to enjoy the benefits of our game and quality hunting for a song, move here. Otherwise you can pay up and enjoy our game as the people of MT decide is appropriate for NR hunters. Same thing I have to do when I hunt another state. Not that hard to comprehend... No idea and don't really care on the whole MT born thing, minimal #'s of people I would think.

I understand why you voted for it. What I don't get is you have posted that you have more ground to hunt than you ever could. What does/would it help you any if more ground opened up to hunt?

Everyone says how much free ground there is to hunt and then complains that outfitters lease to much.

Dink

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
I see the boys from Montana are mouthy today...lol.

Yet none, other than ranger, will post their reasons for passing 161 or the new birth certificate law.

That leaves me to believe that either you are jealous that some non-residents could pay more for a tag or your jealous that a outfitter was making a dollar or two.

Dink

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O

Dink
Nope.

You bragged you going to put in for a tag because the new prices did not bother you. Why didn't you put in?

Dink

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Dink..go choke on it! Montana has no use or need for you or your out of state money. Grab a tweeter account and spew your beliefs and woes there.
A MONTANA NATIVE..

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I-161 was a mistake and will do nothing to change the access issue. Additionally, I-161 had the opposite effect as FWP has announced a budget shortfall. Non residents are not the problem....unless one comes with an attitude.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dink
Nope.

You bragged you going to put in for a tag because the new prices did not bother you. Why didn't you put in?

Dink
Friend in Idaho didn't draw a tag he thought he might, so invited to me to go elk hunting with him, so I did. I did that in October, went to WY for pronghorns in September, and hunted Indiana in November. So it was a timing issue and not a price issue.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Toolelk
I-161 was a mistake and will do nothing to change the access issue. Additionally, I-161 had the opposite effect as FWP has announced a budget shortfall. Non residents are not the problem....unless one comes with an attitude.

Not true...a complete and total lie.

Montana made more money this last year from NR license sales than it did prior to I-161.

Get your facts straight.

Last edited by BuzzH; 02/13/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Lets give it 10 years or so and see if access improves or not.
FWP's budget shortfall has nothing to do with I-161, and everything to do with FWP.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Buzz,

A lie? Here are some facts for you to ponder:

1. Montana's block management is nearly bankrupt. Discussions are to cut over 2 million acres due to loss of revenue. Do you know how this revenue is generated?

2. 900+ non-resident licenses went unsold (approximately 230 elk/deer combos and the balance elk only).

3. I-161 was sold as reducing leased land. Outfitters gained 20% after I-161 passed.

4. Here is the real eye opener - prior to I-161 there were approximately 1300 alternates. This year, a total of 230. Seems the non-residents had other options.

Yes, FWP is also the problem as they forecasted a budget surplus with the passage of I-161.

Let me know if you need more facts and I will put you in touch with FWP.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buzz,

A lie? Here are some facts for you to ponder:

1. Montana's block management is nearly bankrupt. Discussions are to cut over 2 million acres due to loss of revenue. Do you know how this revenue is generated?

2. 900+ non-resident licenses went unsold (approximately 230 elk/deer combos and the balance elk only).

3. I-161 was sold as reducing leased land. Outfitters gained 20% after I-161 passed.

4. Here is the real eye opener - prior to I-161 there were approximately 1300 alternates. This year, a total of 230. Seems the non-residents had other options.

Yes, FWP is also the problem as they forecasted a budget surplus with the passage of I-161.

Let me know if you need more facts and I will put you in touch with FWP.

Buzz was right, a complete lie.

A law that slipped through the cracks last year ( HB 607) allowed NR hunters to send in their tags if not drawn for a special permit. 800 (not 900) turned in their ELK tag and went unsold. I don't know how many turned in everything but I know 800 turned in the elk portion. When they did that, the money they had paid, went into the general FW&P's fund. Even the if they kept a portion of the entire NR licence. Any tags that were resold went into that fund also. So money was channeled away from Habitat, and block because of this new law.

Even with those 800 tags being turned back in, they made several million dollars more than they would under the old system. Do the math.

Last edited by 4100fps; 02/13/12.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 4100fps
[quote=Toolelk]
Even with those 800 tags being turned back in,

...and resold.

Last edited by mtmiller; 02/13/12.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Quite sure the tags were never sold as that is where the alternate list comes in. There were no takers.

FWP keeps the data close but if you ask Sue Daly, you might get the facts. I-161 struck out and FWP is scrambling to cover the loss. Should be interesting if they don't get the resident tag increase (how will they pay for the salary increases?).

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My mistake on the alternate list - the actual number was 120.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yet none, other than ranger, will post their reasons for passing 161 or the new birth certificate law.

That leaves me to believe that either you are jealous that some non-residents could pay more for a tag or your jealous that a outfitter was making a dollar or two.

Dink

Yeah, we're jealous that you paid out the ass to shoot that forkie.

Does being this stupid come natural to you, or do you have to work at it?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dink fixates on any MT bill/law that would in any way affect NR hunters. Anything that would adversely affect him personally. Not other NR hunters. By what I have read, of his rambling and confusing posts, it seems that he has deep enough pockets to pay a trespass fee for an entire MT ranch for the purpose of shooting a small deer that he does not consume himself. This, I have contemplated and asked myself "Why does this dumba$$" hunt in the first place? I have come to the conclusion that he merely stirs the pot for the sake of argument only. Nothing more! Encite other NR's and backs away to watch the carnage. This is the goal of the anti hunting society and he is their instrument. Wail on and wring your hands Dink! Your arguments hold little water. MTG

Last edited by MTGunner; 02/13/12.

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Dink

Yeah, we're jealous that you paid out the ass to shoot that forkie.

Does being this stupid come natural to you, or do you have to work at it?

I do pay to hunt. I usually kill little deer unlike everyone else. BUT I do it all while living in my own home not someone elses.

Dink

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

371 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 1,076 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,452
Posts18,528,948
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.