Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by deflave
How many 10's have you owned and shot? You asked the question, I simply answered. I have no control over whether you like the answer or not.

The Delta you purchased looks nice. The Delta wouldn't be my top choice in a 10. One need look no farther than admonishments from ammo manufacturers not to use their product in a Delta. They don't even say that about Glocks and I would rate the Delta over a Glock.

I've had, shot, and reloaded for a bunch of them. Don't listen to me though, listen to somebody like jwp who will tell you what you want to hear.

Nice gun, just not the nicest.

I did not ask anything.

You are assumptive and arrogant. I have more experience behind a wider variety of handguns than your do nothing azz will ever have.

Your "experience" is reflected in your posts. And I take your advice accordingly.

Travis
Son, you don't have more experience with a wider variety of handguns than I have and as far as arrogance, mine is born of experience while yours is just inbred evidently. You asked two questions.

My question is, will it always be that ugly? I'm used to Glocks and their being beautiful right out of the box. What can I do to this thing to improve it?

I answered one of them. Getting mad at me for pointing out the obvious would seem counterproductive.

I love a good laugh in the morning. Thanks boy.

MAGA
GB1

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Also you didn't do me the courtesy of answering my question, instead saying that you've got all this great experience and claiming to have not asked a question on the open boards when you indeed, asked two.

If you've got more experience than me, answer the question: How many 10's have you owned? How many have you shot? I've owned and shot at least a half-dozen without even counting them up. I've reloaded for the cartridge and was probably doing so when you were still in high school.

Laughin'...

Don't you worry your pretty little head about what I've owned and shot. You just keep buying and selling before any pistol hits the 100 round mark. You're doing a fine job of that.

Boy...

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
How many 10's have you owned and shot? You asked the question, I simply answered. I have no control over whether you like the answer or not.

The Delta you purchased looks nice. The Delta wouldn't be my top choice in a 10. One need look no farther than admonishments from ammo manufacturers not to use their product in a Delta. They don't even say that about Glocks and I would rate the Delta over a Glock.

I've had, shot, and reloaded for a bunch of them. Don't listen to me though, listen to somebody like jwp who will tell you what you want to hear.

Nice gun, just not the nicest.

I did not ask anything.

You are assumptive and arrogant. I have more experience behind a wider variety of handguns than your do nothing azz will ever have.

Your "experience" is reflected in your posts. And I take your advice accordingly.

Travis
Son, you don't have more experience with a wider variety of handguns than I have and as far as arrogance, mine is born of experience while yours is just inbred evidently. You asked two questions.

My question is, will it always be that ugly? I'm used to Glocks and their being beautiful right out of the box. What can I do to this thing to improve it?

I answered one of them. Getting mad at me for pointing out the obvious would seem counterproductive.

You have less experience with handguns than anybody that regularly posts on this board. You don't hunt with a handgun, you don't work with a handgun, and you sure as hell don't recreate with a handgun. That's proven by your love for the Judge.

You are a poser. Nothing more.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Son? Travis, is Cole old enough to be your daddy? If not, why is he calling you son? grin

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Yeah, dude in his thirties calling me "son". He's always good for a laugh.

Most posers are.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you've got more experience than me, answer the question: How many 10's have you owned? How many have you shot?

Those seem to be fair questions.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

A better question is what has Cole ever shot with a handgun where is his experience with how they work in the game fields or as a self defense tool.

I don't think that he has ever posted a picture of such, yet tries to pass off as an expert on it all

He has more BS in his posts than any other regular poster in the handgun forum

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JOG
If you've got more experience than me, answer the question: How many 10's have you owned? How many have you shot?

Shot a bunch. Owed zero.

Travis

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Back to the original question. If it were mine, I would find a set of taller replacement sights that do not requiring altering the gun. Much easier to hit with over the originals IME. Then a little trigger work for a crisp, safe 4-5# pull if it doesn't already have one, which I doubt. Then, shoot the hell out of it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tony
Back to the original question. If it were mine, I would find a set of taller replacement sights that do not requiring altering the gun. Much easier to hit with over the originals IME. Then a little trigger work for a crisp, safe 4-5# pull if it doesn't already have one, which I doubt. Then, shoot the hell out of it.

Amen to that!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
But the "shoot until grips are smooth" idea is cheaper. grin

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And more fun!!

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Walked into the local shop and they had this:
[Linked Image]

Being an American I had to put it on layaway.

Travis
Some classic pattern, Coco Bolo, double diamond checkered, grips.

Then vacuum seal it in plastic. wink

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JOG

+1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
Son? Travis, is Cole old enough to be your daddy? If not, why is he calling you son? grin
Yep, I'm old enough to be his daddy. lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You have less experience with handguns than anybody that regularly posts on this board. You don't hunt with a handgun, you don't work with a handgun, and you sure as hell don't recreate with a handgun. That's proven by your love for the Judge.

You are a poser. Nothing more.

Travis
Worry? I don't care how many 10's you've owned and shot, why would I be worried about it? I just asked the question to prove a point.

I can't tell you how much experience you have with handguns, nor how much others have with them, only my own. It is considerable and seriously starting possibly before you were born. I don't recall what year I first shot one, but I owned one by 1979. I'm not the biggest handgun hunter around, having only shot one with a short gun. Kansas has never had a dedicated Handgun Deer Season and still doesn't. Of late, it has become legal to shoot one with a handgun during rifle season. I carried my Uberti Bisley with me almost every day I went this year, probably seven days. The exception was one or two days that I took the Judge along. I've shot small game animals such as squirrels and rabbits along with countless varmints, feral dogs and cats. Hunting hogs is now against the law in Kansas. I carry a handgun daily on the farm and shoot often. I have targets set up in my backyard and can shoot anytime I want. I earned the Expert Rifleman Badge in the Reserves way back in the early eighties.

I started reloading before 1980 with a Lee Loader and have been reloading for handguns for a long time. Without going down to the basement and looking, I can count 10 calibers I currently reload for just in handgun calibers alone.

Recreate? If you mean shoot for fun, that's what I do mostly. I've probably put three hundred rounds through the Judge alone. You've seen pics of my targets and my kids with targets that we've shot together. If you haven't, I guess you missed 'em and unfortunately, I've already taken up enough time just typing this out for you.

Poser? Yeah, well maybe so if all that constitutes posing. I've never shot a Grizzly like jwp and don't really have the desire to. I'd like to shoot a big hog like Whitworth's though and I thought seriously about Antelope hunting in Wyoming this fall/winter but it would have been with a rifle. I don't know enough about their laws to know about handgun hunting up there.

I bought and shot my first 10mm, a Delta Elite, back in probably 1988. I recall trading it off at the time for two shotguns which I gave away as Christmas presents. Later on 10's came and went with some being shot more than others. There are still some Norma and W/W down there that I reloaded a long time ago. I don't have absolute plans for another 10, but sooner or later one will come my way.

I hope this clears some things up for you Travis. I can't say whether they were really questions of yours, but rather false assertions. I don't shoot on the government dime, I have to buy everything I fire and I have to fire it on land that I own, not at a fancy gun range the po-po bought for me with tax dollars. This isn't to say anything against those that do but rather to illustrate that if everything comes out of your own pocket, it slows most folks down. I've been blessed with having been able to shoot quite a bit and hope to do more.

Do you have a bunch of friends with 10mm's so that you could shoot "a bunch" or do you rent them at your range? lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Travis

Nice find, Travis. Seriously - I would store the original DE grips and put something else on for shooting (Hogue rubber, maybe?)

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Hunting hogs is now against the law in Kansas.
confused Why?? Endangered species?? grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know that much about it Hawk. I was reading about hog hunting in some magazine and it talked about how Missouri was about to outlaw it because they thought they could better control people bringing them there and letting them loose to hunt them if they did. IMO, they probably just aren't getting enough money out of killing them-the government, that is. It referenced how it was already illegal in Kansas. I had no idea and would have popped one if I'd seen him. There's been some around here but one family that poaches all the time pretty much wiped them out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Travis

Nice work, you're going to fall in love with that.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (16penny, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.