-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm more likely to leave and find someplace else or go home and make do with what I have.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I'm more likely to leave and find someplace else or go home and make do with what I have.

Nothing wrong with BigMac's or off the shelf rifles.

Tom, nothing stays on topic around here grin

Terry

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Agreed. As long as they have a bar.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
When one supplier gets too busy, the market will find another/others.

Redneck on this forum has a good reputation. I've talked about a project with him, haven't used him, yet.

Ray Bowman at Precision Rifle Sales in NC has done 5 barrel jobs for me and I'm pleased with him and his work. His turnaround time is reasonable, although he stays busy doing mostly high end target and precision rifles. Mine were hunting type guns and he was very helpful with my questions and concerns.

Shop around and check reputations. You can get state of the art work done a lot quicker than that.

DF

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by tsquare
Guys,

I think we're beginning to stray from the point. Terry's point was not the length of time it takes to get work done, it was promising the work would be done by a certain time, and missing that date by several orders of magnitude. If a maker says it will take ten years to do a job, that's fine -- so long as he delivers in ten years. At least the customer has a basis for making an educated decision. However, if said maker quotes a two-year delivery, and takes ten to deliver, that is a problem. And, that is one of the problems that Terry was referring to.

TT

Or when they tell you the the rifle is ready to ship and ask for the balance of the payment and don't ship it for 5 to 6 months later!... mad

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You can go by reputation or walk in the door and meet the man! I did the latter... a smith who did all of Terry Wieland's work when he lived in Canada.

I've known him for over 20 years... I pick up the phone, give him a call and within 45 minutes I'm at his door. Recently, he removed a scope for me that he'd replaced the slot screws on Ruger rings with torx a couple of years ago. I couldn't get them out, I wanted to replace the scope, which I normally do on my own. He did the job within an hour of my call and charged $0.00. He's a world-class smith and his work has been written up in some journals.

I'm lucky... I can just walk in. Not all gun smiths are dishonest or lazy!! Far from it.

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

U
UKdave Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U

cz you have a PM

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (44automag, 01Foreman400, 808outdoors, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,484 guests, and 733 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,095
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.