Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
From what I can find it is not.I was thinking about buying one used.Is there no used warranty on a Swaro?

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
From what I can find it is not.I was thinking about buying one used.Is there no used warranty on a Swaro?

I would not even consider that any sort of problem. I have had little experience with their customer service and it was absolutely stellar. I know of people that have bought scopes and binos second hand and had them serviced at no charge and sometimes the repairs were substantial. I think the "non transferable" and the 10 year warranty is something that has to be used in the EEU but has no effect on US purchases.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
As Oldelk said....Swaro is golden....as good as it gets. They'll take care of you even when they shouldn't. Leica's warranty is nontransferrable, and their demo warranty flat out sucks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Another vote For Swaro, Their Second To None..

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've just talked to the folks at Swaro in Rhode Island, they could not have been easier to deal with ir more helpful.

Golden............
IC B2

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
The are in a league of their own. I sent them a pair of 10 year old 10x42 SLC binocs that were not focusing properly because I had been using them in in very dusty conditions for the last few years and quite frankly rarely bothered cleaning them. They not only repaired them quickly but replaced over 32 parts including the entire outer housing and objective lenses and then grew in a new set of lense covers for good measure. To top it all off absolutely no charge! The binocs look brand new. In contrast try getting any customer service whatsoever from Leica.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is the Swarovski Warranty:

"LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Thank you for purchasing this instrument and welcome to the world of Swarovski Optik. Since our
founding in 1949, the Swarovski community has been committed to providing an ownership
experience, which includes our legendary service that is second to none. We sincerely believe that
our optics are the best in the world and put them through rigorous tests to ensure that the name you
trust is built to the highest standards. But in the unlikely event that you discover a problem in defects
in workmanship or materials, we�ll gladly examine the instrument. Swarovski Optik offers a lifetime
warranty on the optical system of our products for products purchased by US residents from an
authorized Swarovski Optik North American dealer. Once examined, if it is determined that the optical
system is defective we will repair or replace the instrument or defective part. Swarovski Optik warrants
all other parts of the instrument for ten years from date of purchase against defects in materials or
workmanship, subject to normal use. All electronic components are warranted for two years against
defects in materials and workmanship, subject to normal use, from date of purchase. All non-optical
products (i.e. accessories, tripods etc.) are warranted for one year from date of purchase. This
warranty is void if damage results from unauthorized repairs, accident, alteration, misuse, abuse,
neglect, fire, flood or other acts of God. If after the warranty period your instrument needs servicing
please call customer service at (800) 426-3089. At Swarovski, we are totally committed to our
customer, products and service. Once you have had the pleasure of owning and using our products,
we are sure they will become your trusted companions for life.
�Any Swarovski Optik product that is purchased in the U.S. that is not imported by Swarovski Optik
North America and not sold to a consumer by an Authorized U.S. Swarovski Optik North America
Dealer has no Authorized Warranty.� In the event of a defect, please call customer assistance at
(800) 426-3089 to obtain a Service Order Number (SO), which will be used to identify your warranty
request through its completion. When you call, our customer service representative will give you
instructions as to where to send or take the product for service. Whenever you send or take your
product to us, please enclose your name, shipping address, daytime phone number, a brief
description of the problem, and a copy of the receipt from an authorized U.S. Swarovski Optik North
America dealer. Please write the Service Order Number on the enclosure and on the outside of any
packaging. We will determine, at our option, whether to repair or replace the instrument. If the
instrument is not covered under the warranty, we will contact you with an estimate of the repair price.

Any correspondence should be sent to:
Swarovski Optik N.A. Ltd. � 2 Slater Road � Cranston, RI 02920 or warrantyrepairswarovskioptik.us

Please do not send us your instrument until we have issued a Service Order Number and instructed
you to do so. If you are instructed to return the instrument to us, you are responsible for properly
packaging your instrument. You are responsible for insuring the package and assume the risk of loss
in transit to us, unless we arrange for transport.
"

I talked to Swarovski about this thread and they confirmed that the warranty applies to the product regardless of who owns it.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
That's what I thought.They might repair or replace but their actual warranty is only to the original owner if purchased from an authorized dealer.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I purchased a pair of 10 X 42 SLCs well used on Ebay at a very cheap price. When I got them I realized they were at least 15 yrs old and the focus knob had a little bit of slack. No scratches on the lenses but a few nicks/marks on the housing.

I called the Swarovski US customer service phone number and told them I had recently purchased these used from ebay and didn't have an opportunity to evaluate them before the purchase. I asked if there was a way to adjust out the slack myself....I couldn't find anything on the web how to adjust them. She informed me that they would need to be sent in to be looked at. I gave her the serial number and she said they might not have repair parts in stock for them but would have them checked out.

I asked if she had an idea how much it would cost for the repair and she informed me they would send me an estimate after they were evaluated.

About three weeks later I received them back from Swarovski with a list of the repair parts and the work done to them. They didn't have repair parts for that chassis any longer so they upgraded the chassis to a newer version, they even installed new updated prisms. Their letter said they essentially used my lenses with everything else upgraded. All at NO CHARGE. The repair order had my old SN crossed out and the new SN was written in with the explanation of all they did.

I know what the warranty states, original owner...receipt... but I have heard my story isn't unique. I haven't hesitated to purchase used Swaro stuff.

A satisfied customer,
Scott

Last edited by Sled2live; 02/17/12.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Several years ago, my SLC failed two years in a row after some rough use (around my neck or on the dash or seat). I asked for replacement. They said that since I had no proof that I had purchased them new from an authorized dealer (they ignored the copy of the sales receipt and the dealer's signed certification card which were in the box) that another repair was the best they could do. Back to Austria for a complete redo.

Then SIL bought a SLC that someone found on the side of the road with busted/missing ocular eye cups and retainers and missing diopter wheel. He asked me about repairs. I called Swaro CS, told them what happened and sent them in for a repair estimate. The next thing we heard, the came back looking new.

Go figure, jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I purchased mine new from a dealer in Arizona when I lived there in 1989. Always have worked perfectly. In 2008 I contacted Swaro about sending them in just for a clean/tweak/upgrade if possible. They asked where and when I bought them. I told them, but didn't have the receipt. I sent them in and got back essentially a new pair! Like Sled2Live said, they replaced everything but my ocular lenses. Now they have the screw in eye cups, tripod screw hole, new chassis and new serial #. Cost to me was zero.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had one of the original Swaro 7x30 SLC and noticed black inside the binocular. I was told to send it in and two weeks later I had a new binocular except for the original outside lens were used. It cost me $9 to ship this in 2003 that is all. I did trade this later for the Swaro 8x30SLC neu, the dealer gave me more than I paid for the 7 when I first bought it.

Regards,Steve

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,132 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,926
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.