Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The police cannot allow folks to deal with criminals on their own, because that's their only justification for existing, thus they make examples whenever they can of folks who do it.

HORSESCHIT Hawkeye,

Explain to me then why I roll out to every single medical and fire call in my jurisdiction if my only reason for existing is to make examples of people who catch their own bad guys!

My last days on I hauled a$$ out to a house on fire. I got there and met the home owner/rancher who was already outside with the wife. It was a chimney fire that caught rafters and attic insulation on fire.

He and his wife had already grabbed a couple of photo albums and some stuff. The fire was really not that bad. Anyways, I told him I would help him get his furniture out and safe outside. Whatever it took.

We went in the back of the house and scouted out what we could get out if things went bad for the firemen.

I know a bunch of cops who do the same thing whenever they get the chance. I figure someone would help me if the roles were reversed.

Med calls every single shift are no different.

Don't hand me that crap.

He doesn't have a clue. He doesn't understand that many LEO's in this country are the first responders in fire and Med. calls. I myself have had three saves due to an AED that my agency provides in each unit since we're many times on scene prior to EMT's. The same with fire, LE is many times on the scene way before FD, especially in a Vol.FD area.

I'm proud to say that I was once able to detect a fire in a subdivision due to smoke in the area, that neither the homeowner knew about or FD, I called it in, awakened the homeowner. It to was a chimney fire the homeowner was able to get water on it prior to FD's arrival, which helped.

He doesn't have a clue, nor wants to acknowledge that LE does more then what he assumes they do. I've challenged him many times to become involved in his county S.O's reserve program, but he won't. He'd rather be blind then open his eyes to what really occurs.

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Actually Cole I do like the work.

I get to help people on a daily basis. It is a rare week that I do not pull someone from a wrecked car, arrive first at a med call, fire call, arrest some meth head/ burglar, recover someones stolen stuff, etc.

While there is about 10% of the population that takes up 90% of my criminal enforcement time, 90% of the people in my community are great people. They are the reason I run hard and put myself in danger more than I probably should.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Please, educate me. I'm more than capable of manning up and admiting that I'm wrong....

Exactly how much time have you had as a LEO?
lol You can post your resume' here if you want. I couldn't have ever had any LEO experience because I'm posting stuff that is critical. Therefore you don't need to know any more.

If you're a cop, I now understand how you can defend this stuff.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gimmie a break guy, that is NOT the way it is in the real world.

And Hawk, an encouraging word to someone like Mackay postulated is not talking down to a serf. It is using common sense instead of nonsense being a bad azz.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Please, educate me. I'm more than capable of manning up and admiting that I'm wrong....

When a certain group of folks is given power over the remainder of folks, the remainder of folks don't need to first be in the empowered group to be permitted an opinion regarding the conduct of the empowered group, your opinion to the contrary notwithstanding.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I truly do hope there was more to this case because as a LEO myself, I would be truly emberrased if there was not.....

Hawkeye, your broad comments show quite a bit of ignorance.....just sayin

100% Public land DIY!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actually Cole I do like the work.

I get to help people on a daily basis. It is a rare week that I do not pull someone from a wrecked car, arrive first at a med call, fire call, arrest some meth head/ burglar, recover someones stolen stuff, etc.

While there is about 10% of the population that takes up 90% of my criminal enforcement time, 90% of the people in my community are great people. They are the reason I run hard and put myself in danger more than I probably should.

Well good for you Mackay. IMO a few more of y'all should exhibit a little more righteous anger at this kind of shixt happening. Sooner or later somebody is gonna have to stand up and say enough about all these stupid arrests. I know, I know, in the old days he'd have been like, clubbed or something with blackjack or shot with a throwdown and the internet didn't exist to fire all us peons up but hey, I got nothing better to do whilst I'm waiting on my kids to go home.

Seriously, why do you feel the need to pat the guy's head and then school him on all he did wrong. Just because you shot at the same range that Mas Ayoob shot at in 1972 doesn't mean you need to have a "teaching moment" with him. The guy successfully stopped two robberies and nobody died. Flying [bleep] New Hampshire must have some tea total idiots.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

lol You can post your resume' here if you want. I couldn't have ever had any LEO experience because I'm posting stuff that is critical. Therefore you don't need to know any more.

If you're a cop, I now understand how you can defend this stuff.

Not a Cop, have never been a cop.

See how easy that was!?

Now, your turn. I called you out as having not been a LEO. You said I don't know what I'm talking about. So, answer the question and prove me wrong. I'll freely admit to it!

I'm not defending the actions of the officers in the OP's article. Quite the opposite actually.

I'm just not using the broad (ignorant) brush that others are in applying this to ALL cops or even a majority of them.

So, again...

How much time do you have as a LEO?

Try not to cower from the question this time.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The police cannot allow folks to deal with criminals on their own, because that's their only justification for existing, thus they make examples whenever they can of folks who do it.

HORSESCHIT Hawkeye,

You mean you didn't get the memo on that from the international banking cartel? Musta come out while you were overseas.

Anyway, I agree with you totally on the correct exercise of discretion that should have been applied in this matter, absent circumstances that are not mentioned in the article.

For the people thinking it was an illegal arrest, think again. I suspect the well-intentioned neighbor's actions probably fall within some crime. It certainly wasn't a bright idea and easily could be viewed as reckless endangerment. Further, the fact that a person does not get convicted does not mean the police were wrong. Police work off a probable cause standard, not a "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard. I frequently preach here that, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. That applies to the citizen here as well as the police.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hunter5325
I truly do hope there was more to this case because as a LEO myself, I would be truly emberrased if there was not.....

Hawkeye, your broad comments show quite a bit of ignorance.....just sayin
Wish I'd stopped reading with your first sentence, 'cause it was excellent.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Call me out", "cower from the question"...lol Dude, seriously, this is an internet message board. Do you think anybody cares? I've been on here five [bleep] years longer than you and am friends with some of these guys who are cops. Most here who have been here any length of time know what I do for a living and could care less about my life history. If you do, well...make something up 'cause I ain't sharing. Nah, nah, nahnah, nah.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

When a certain group of folks is given power over the remainder of folks, the remainder of folks don't need to first be in the empowered group to be permitted an opinion regarding the conduct of the empowered group, your opinion to the contrary notwithstanding.

So, me saying that all teachers are child molesters is perfectly ok then? Or, more to the point you like to make: The teaching profession is a bastion and home to child molesters. It draws them, and they all like it. They will stop at nothing to preserve it. None of them do anything to curb it.

I am more than qualified to make these claims even though I have never worked in the education system, simply because I'm entitled to an opion.

Fair enough, the rest of the sane world is entitled to the opinion that those who do are hilariously ignorant!laugh

Carry on!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T LEE
Gimmie a break guy, that is NOT the way it is in the real world.

And Hawk, an encouraging word to someone like Mackay postulated is not talking down to a serf. It is using common sense instead of nonsense being a bad azz.
Terry you know that neither Hawk or I are talking to or about you. We both got only respect for you. Plus, you got them cool pics of you with the shotgun after that hurricane... laugh

Seriously Terry, nothing but respect for you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Call me out", "cower from the question"...lol Dude, seriously, this is an internet message board. Do you think anybody cares? I've been on here five [bleep] years longer than you and am friends with some of these guys who are cops. Most here who have been here any length of time know what I do for a living and could care less about my life history. If you do, well...make something up 'cause I ain't sharing. Nah, nah, nahnah, nah.

Cole, the funny thing is you have already said you weren't a LEO.....

So, back to the comment you made about my ignorance. Epic Fail.

My comment remains. You don't walk in these guys shoes and when you make the outlandish comments you do, it's comically ignorant.

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
HAJ, that doesn't bother me a bit. You have my permission to hold any opinion you like about teachers. But teachers aren't forced into your life, or those of your children. You can choose to home school, and I'll stand right by you in any efforts you'd like to make to eliminate forced public funding of education at any level. You and I can march together on that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Cole, the funny thing is you have already said you weren't a LEO.....

So, back to the comment you made about my ignorance. Epic Fail.

My comment remains. You don't walk in these guys shoes and when you make the outlandish comments you do, it's comically ignorant.
You take a lot for granted and miss a lot. What you are basically saying is incredibly ignorant. Only LE can have an opinion about issues like this because those who are not have never walked in their shoes. You shouldn't be commenting then.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HAJ, that doesn't bother me a bit. You have my permission to hold any opinion you like about teachers. But teachers aren't forced into your life, or those of your children. You can choose to home school, and I'll stand right by you in any efforts you'd like to make to eliminate forced public funding of education at any level. You and I can march together on that.

TRH, you know full well that the comment was pure baffoonery! Anyone that would take the stance on teachers that I put out there would clearly be ignorant. For them to paint with such broad brushes about a field they know nothing about (experience wise) is just plain stupid.

If I was to take the argument in the direction you are, then I would add that the public has always requested the presence of LEO's....

It wasn't forced, it was requested.

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You take a lot for granted and miss a lot. What you are basically saying is incredibly ignorant. Only LE can have an opinion about issues like this because those who are not have never walked in their shoes. You shouldn't be commenting then.
laugh Imagine if that rule applied to the Founding Fathers? They had a lot of nerve complaining about those Red Coats, not ever themselves having served in said capacity. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just get REAL tired of the broad brush bashing. As you are aware I did the job for 26 years as a Deputy and 4 as an MP in the Army.

My daughter is a district commander and rides herd on the folks working for her to make sure they treat those they serve properly with respect and to bag the bad guys effectively. I associate with too many damn fine cops to not take umbrage when anybody paints them all bad.

'Sides what if I had killed a looter after painting that sign? Don't get me wrong, I WOULD HAVE, damn the torpedo's full speed ahead! smile smile

OK rant off.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Terry,

When I took the required course to get my FL concealed weapon permit, the instructor told the class that it was against Florida law to discharge a weapon as a warning. Can you confirm if this is true? The instructor's advice was not to pull the weapon unless you are justified to use it, and if you pull it, use it to eliminate the threat.

Rick

I'm better when I move.
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (204guy, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 300s, 25 invisible), 2,129 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,622
Posts18,474,027
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.