Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Another example of a Jack Booted Thug in action. He should be cashiered posthaste.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Much of our Constitution and Bill of Rights comes directly from the experience of the Founding Fathers with the folks who've since been termed "Redcoats," (British regulars) that is to say, a reaction to the abuses suffered under their performance of various police and patrol functions in our latter colonial experience.

you're confusing military action after the colonies were in rebellion with police work. occupied territory after the revolution began was subject to martial law....because there was, like, a war going on.

during the pre-war colonial period, troops did not do police work. they had no authority to do so, and were afraid of colonial legal authorities.
There were military patrol, investigative, and arrest responses to rebellious activity prior to the Declaration. Stop picking nits. You know very well that such experience forms much of the basis for parts of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Don't make me quote the Declaration.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I did TLee and I stand by my response. Getting defensive because "civilians" are critical doesn't help your cause, it just makes you look bad.

I usually ignore your fellow blue brother hunter1960 but I'll indulge his question.

Originally Posted by Cheyenne
For the people thinking it was an illegal arrest, think again. I suspect the well-intentioned neighbor's actions probably fall within some crime. It certainly wasn't a bright idea and easily could be viewed as reckless endangerment. Further, the fact that a person does not get convicted does not mean the police were wrong. Police work off a probable cause standard, not a "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No we did not jump to the defense of the officer involved or actions taken, still don't but respond to the bashing of an entire group due to the actions of the very few.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Bumpgrin
Calling out your big guns, eh? Well, I don't blame you. A man's got to know his limitations.

Nah, been watching ol' hickock on youtube...

The guy cracks me up! grin

You should have taken the offer for the cold one, man! smile

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
T---Perhaps it's YOU who should re-read the posts at the beginning of the thread. Paying particularly close attention to Cheyenne defendiing what should be condemned.

I know y'all get your panties wadded up when us "civillians" (aka as those that pay your salaries and pensions) are critical of the abuse of power exhibited by the police. Also it's a lot more than "the very few"...."the very few" are merely the myriads everyday that make the paper.

In any case I have no doubt y'all will continue to take our criticism of the abuse personally and that's your perogative. Just as it's mine to call horsechit on them and those that defend them.

Have a good day sir.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I will and you do likewise Sir.

BTW, I don't call non LE civilians, I call em by name or by Sir or Ma'am. I also hold doors for women, the old & infirm and try my very best to be polite in my daily life, but that is just me.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Doesn't read like he was protecting his life or his property, but rather entervening in his neighbors house being buglarized. Thinking the man was the same person that probably burglarized his house is kind of pushing it, if he didn't actually see it. I'd say that it was a good thing that he was able to keep his cool and didn't kill the guy! And while I feel for the guy, I think it was pretty poor judgement on his part, and wouldn't bet on him getting off completely scott free.

Phil

So please tell us what you would have done, besides walk away and pretend it didn't happen?

MM

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I put dumbazes who think its okay to fire warning shots into the same category with guys who buy their wives a puny gun and then don't teach em how to shoot. "All she has to do is point at him and the bad guy will stop bein bad"...

Good luck with that!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Sometimes you read a story and think "There HAS TO BE more to the story than this." I really hope that is the case here. Also note they confiscated ALL of his arms. I thought NH was "Life free or die"?

There is, based on what I'm reading in that article. The coverage, even in the local papers, isn't great (the Town I live in borders Farmington and know the town well). I work in Strafford County as well.

I'm perplexed as to why he was charged at all, but I'm confident that CA Velardi will do the right thing. I'll update as our local paper does.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thanks George, will appreciate the updates from a local

i'm thinking the brouha started when the cop walked up and saw there'd been a "warning" shot fired and said

"dayum you shoot like chit, something wrong with your gun? wanna borrow mine?" (grin)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks George. I am interested in following this one.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep as am I.

Old cat turd!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Pizz poor reporting plays a part in the perception. For instance...

No one was injured in the incident, but when the police arrived, they made two arrests.

That's from the OP, based on the Fox report. Based on that statement (and the entire article in the OP) you folks tell me when the victim was arrested.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Nothing but a pile of loaded bodybags here, and one side of the story....mine.

Sure makes me glad to live in Okleehoma, hope it all works out for the older gent smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Nothing but a pile of loaded bodybags here, and one side of the story....mine.

What about the other witnesses?

George

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Sorry George, read to much to fast, thought there were multiple perps, good neighbors would of course be fine smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
wink

Figured it was something like that.

I have my own theory about how/why it went down like this based on the time-frame from burglary (Saturday BTW) to the victim turning himself in (Monday FWIW). I can't/won't share it at this time, for obvious reasons but I'm gonna confirm it with the guys I know who were at the scene.

George

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
10-Roger, will be interesting to see how this one pans, and I do tend to get a little excited when the good guy gets scuffed due to politics smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Believe me, you're a whole lot less exited/pizzed than I am!

George

Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,793 guests, and 1,446 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,752
Posts18,476,274
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.