-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers to the family. I hate to hear of any worker who dies on the job.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparently the perp has committed suicide.
Question is why did he need to kill someone innocent first.
Dammn

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/23/washington-trooper-shot-killed-in-traffic-stop/

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Very sad for the Trooper and his family and loved ones, I for one am glad the guy offed himself, the families can begin their healing without the need and constant reminder of a long drawn out trial.

and TLee, I know where your head was when writing your first post, no explanation was needed, but that was just a path that is best not taken here. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
I hope the shooter dies slow and hard!

I heard about this on the way into work today. You were the first person that came to mind (not as the perp obviously grin). I'm glad that you and yours are ok, Scott.

I hope you can forgive me, but I actually prayed that this piece of trash would cross your path. I know you carry, and are more than capable of issuing justice. I also wouldn't wish that for you, but like I said, you were the first person on my mind.

If I were the cops family, I'd want the creep to cross your path. As your friend, I'm glad he didn't.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
Being sarcastic before the azzhols show up. It is a damn shame that folks never stop to realize what the dangers are and the freaks & kooks the lurk the streets. I saddens me deeply every time one of my brothers or sisters behind the badge die doing their job.

There but for the Grace of God go I or one of my kids or other family still active.

Prayers for the officer, his family & co-workers have been offered up.

Roger that T.

Last edited by Mac84; 02/23/12.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sad to hear of this Troopers death. I'm also sorry for the shooters family, not the shooter.

WSP is a good agency. The former Chief of Police in N'ville, was the Chief of the WSP, before coming to N'ville, he's now Chief in NOLA. FWIW, USDOJ statistics show the SE & PNW, two of the most dangerous areas for LEO's due to assaults and deaths.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by T LEE
And I apologize for being cynical and making the first post.

No need. I recognized it for exactly what it was. In some parts on this country your comment and those who make comments like that for real are justified. Not here.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cabriolet
Dang. So yesterday LEO's are after a perp that killed two civilians and later killed himself.

Now early this morning a State Trooper made a routine traffic stop in the Bremerton area around 1 AM, did not return any calls, another LEO in the area found him shot dead, in the road beside his patrol car.

Perps are getting out of hand up here on the Peninsula!

I don't understand why they don't put two cops in a car during the hours of darkness. Would stop this crap.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
West Virginia is too stupid to extradite this killer to Arizona to be fried: http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/williams-ronald-turney.htm

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As common as traffic stops are, their is no such thing as routine.

RIP Brother.

I Burn While I See
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many departments, mine included, run 1 man cars for more area coverage or at least the perception. It's a numbers game.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Cabriolet
Dang. So yesterday LEO's are after a perp that killed two civilians and later killed himself.

Now early this morning a State Trooper made a routine traffic stop in the Bremerton area around 1 AM, did not return any calls, another LEO in the area found him shot dead, in the road beside his patrol car.

Perps are getting out of hand up here on the Peninsula!

I don't understand why they don't put two cops in a car during the hours of darkness. Would stop this crap.

I'm trying to think of a State Highway Patrol or State Police agency that rides doubles, I can't think of any. The same with S.O's or city agencies, other then the largest in the country. As was stated it's a numbers game.

When I worked patrol I always monitored the THP radio freq. if they were close on a stop, I'd back them up, as most of the shift did. You've got to take care of each other in regards to backing each other up, especially in a large geographic area.

I was trained that traffic stops come in three forms, low risk, high risk, unknown risk. The risk factor isn't just the person you've stopped. It can also be the place and traffic conditions in which the stop is conducted that adds to the risk.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, I met him twice. He worked an accident where I was held up in my truck for an hour or so. Had a nice chat with him. Seemed like a nice guy.

Picture HERE

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Condolences to the family and friends of the slain trooper.

as luck would have it, he's probably one of the best of his detachment.

that's been my experience in the officers that have fallen in the line of duty in the AO's I've lived in.

but even if he weren't the best of his bunch, someone lost a son, a son that swore to serve and protect his community.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
RIP Washington Trooper! New Jersey State Troopers used to ride double on midnights, they gave it up a long time ago, doesn't make sense to me. I do have to say when a NJ Trooper pulls someone over at night a second trooper usually gets there pretty quick to back them up!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 1234, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 3,182 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,710
Posts18,534,854
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.