Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Not only that, but he doesn't know that Sunday, the day he posted, is not the Sabbath.

smile
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by interthem
Glad to see my appeal to act like adults has been so successful and all the name calling, foul mouthing and acting like Chuck Norris wannabes has stopped.

I find this laughable tha the king of the trolls who has been booted off here so many times, has so many user names and sends nasty PM's professes to espouse civility....shaking my head in disbelief.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to see my appeal to act like adults has been so successful and all the name calling, foul mouthing and acting like Chuck Norris wannabes has stopped.

I find this laughable that the king of the trolls who has been booted off here so many times, has so many user names and sends nasty PM's professes to espouse civility....shaking my head in disbelief.

Oh, that's a comment carefully calculated to calm the waters, all right, uh-huh!

Needed to be said in the furtherance of peace, quiet, tranquility, and warm fellowship!

Thanks from the cockles of my heart!

(Or the heart of my � )

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Because more people are working?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

I find this laughable that the king of the trolls who has been booted off here so many times, has so many user names and sends nasty PM's professes to espouse civility....shaking my head in disbelief.

Oh, that's a comment carefully calculated to calm the waters, all right, uh-huh!

Needed to be said in the furtherance of peace, quiet, tranquility, and warm fellowship!

Thanks from the cockles of my heart!

(Or the heart of my � )

BTW Ken...I was able to sample some of that pure cane syrup you were raving about on another thread.....you were right! I now possess 2 cans grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just trying to contribute to suggesting a cure for a site problem that many (including you) have been guilty of. If you do not wish to change your ways, that is your choice.

Based on posts thus far, it appears to me, that most are willing to return to civil posts and build other members up, not run them down.

As for the Sabbath, the day depends on your particular religion but:
"Since Puritan times, most English-speaking Protestants equate "Lord's Day" (viz., Sunday) with "Sabbath", as do most Roman Catholic and some Eastern Orthodox faiths."

As I am an English-speaking Protestant, Sunday is my day.

Episcopalian
"We have made the change from the seventh day to the first day, from Saturday to Sunday, on the authority of the one holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church of Christ." Bishop Symour, Why We keep Sunday."

May the good Lord bless you and yours in these difficult times.

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Folks can always choose to say something nice or at least civil.

Just because someone answers you rudely in a post does not mean you must respond rudely or at all.

Anonymous Internet fights are kinda silly and it takes at least two for them to get out of hand.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just trying to contribute to suggesting a cure for a site problem that many (including you) have been guilty of. If you do not wish to change your ways, that is your choice.

Based on posts thus far, it appears to me, that most are willing to return to civil posts and build other members up, not run them down.

As for the Sabbath, the day depends on your particular religion but:
"Since Puritan times, most English-speaking Protestants equate "Lord's Day" (viz., Sunday) with "Sabbath", as do most Roman Catholic and some Eastern Orthodox faiths."

As I am an English-speaking Protestant, Sunday is my day.

Episcopalian
"We have made the change from the seventh day to the first day, from Saturday to Sunday, on the authority of the one holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church of Christ." Bishop Symour, Why We keep Sunday."

May the good Lord bless you and yours in these difficult times.

Whatever pot.....if you were to truly change your strips....then I might concur...but I would bet it won't ever happen.

I find it humorous that you have me on ignore but read every post I make laugh You were the one sending hateful PM's to me and I deleted them as fast as you would send them so you put me on ignore laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You just put it in the X ring !

Hope the civility continues.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Larry Root

WAFJ

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Hey Larry (or whatever today's personality is),

....................... I'M BACK ! ...................

I just can't resist the urge to start stalking you again.

From here on out I'm going to monitor every post you make.

[Linked Image]

Let's see who's civil or not. grin

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

His next "handle" in the long list will probably be Rodney King.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Feel free. You have that right under the site rules. I hope if you chose to contribute to the thread, you will do so in a positive manner.

You can toss all the "Jitterbugs" you want out in the pond, this old Bass is all done rising to the bait.

Mature men can control their urges.

God Bless !

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Feel free. You have that right under the site rules. I hope if you chose to contribute to the thread, you will do so in a positive manner.

You can toss all the "Jitterbugs" you want out in the pond, this old Bass is all done rising to the bait.

Mature men can control their urges.

God Bless !

Time will tell on that one...I am going to save this laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So who accused him of being mature??

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head

Hey Larry (or whatever today's personality is),

....................... I'M BACK ! ...................

I just can't resist the urge to start stalking you again.

From here on out I'm going to monitor every post you make.

[Linked Image]

Let's see who's civil or not. grin

Strike one against interthem. It doesn't take long.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...170/Re_zeiss_conquest_3_9x40#Post6228170

Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular

So interthem is larry rooot? But he's been so instructive in civility and respect. Not alone,he has had some help. I am feeling so hurt now. I mean,like I've been decieved. I may not get over this for 3 or 4 minutes. Bob,aka Mr. Sensitive.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't been posting much for about 3 years. I get to thinking why, and it comes down to just a couple of things.

For one thing, I used to find the arguments on here to be of a higher caliber than most other sites. I used to actually learn something watching folks disagree. Sure, you get disagreements on any forum-- I know, I ran one for 10 years. I've been active on forums since the days of 300 baud modems. I really enjoy the brabble up to a point.

However, the personnel around here changed a while back and so much of what passes for intelligent argument on here anymore is just goofy name-calling. I can get that anywhere. I don't blame Rick. He just lost a lot of good people at about the same time and in their place came belligerent morons.

Secondly, things have gotten a lot more mean-spirited. You used to be able to call someone a scum sucking moron, and they took it. Now the creep looks you up and starts harassing you. I find that a dangerous trend. There is a lot to be said for the partial anonymity that forums afford the average guy. That is not the forum's fault. It's just that the Internet has gotten easier over the past decade-- now even the cretins can find you.

What I found so intriguing about the Campfire, beyond its use as a practical resource, was that there is no where else in this world that you will get a better view of what I find so vital and redeeming in the American Spirit. I believe wholeheartedly that America is the New Jerusalem. It really is Man's one successful attempt to break the shackles that bound him to tyranny and live as God intended us to be. No where else in this world have I found a better expression of it than at the 24hourcampfire.

I have kin that are Plymouth Rock Wetbacks. I have kin that threw away 400 years of German aristocracy to come here with nothing but $75 in their pocket. I married a hillbilly who is kin to Tecumseh. What they all have in common is a single dream. If you look deep into the 'Campfire, past the silliness, and stupidity, you can see it clearer and brighter than anywhere else. This is why we came.

Guys, if you honestly knew what you were spouting here everyday, you would not be so profane and so disrespectful and so banal. You would treat this as a temple and you would measure each word, because you would know that this was a conduit to the ear of Providence.

But then again, it is precisely this lack of self-awareness that makes this place so sacred. We are living the Divine experiment, where we are both the lab rat and the hand of the Scientist. Our place in the evolution of Mankind stands even with Eden, but we treat it with all the reverence of a privy, as is our wont with all things. That is what makes us so special-- barbarians with the spirits of angels.

I have said this many times before on this forum and elsewhere: We are known for that which we hold sacred.

My admonition: Cherish this place. Hold it dear to you. For all its faults, this place is what The Creator intended for us. This is the best there is. This is all there is. Put down the Cracker Jack. This is the prize.

. . . and with all staring askance the shaman made a gesture to the sky. A flock of geese passed over head, rowing the sunset. There was silence except for the sound of their wing beats and after that brief rush had faded, everyone looked back to the crazy shaman to begin voicing their opinions-- some to approve, some to revile, and some to state that it could not be done without a 30-06 and a premium bullet. However, when their eyes went back to the shaman, he was not there. The sun was down and all of a sudden it was apparent that it was getting chilly. Everyone buttoned another button or two. Some went home. Some started to argue. Most went back to their business at hand.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You used up all the letters On the forum. I had to steal these from Wheel of Fortune to make this post. blush

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Excellent post, Shaman!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,940
Posts18,498,902
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.