-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just to clarify, I never liked Santorum much as a Senator. Actually met him on two occasions and he actually seems like a decent man - just not senatorial or presidential.

He is actually a lot more literate and articulate than the media portrays him. Every clip of him that I have seen presents only his biggest misspoken moments. Obama has just as many, if not more, but the mainstream media buries those....

Stush

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ron Paul nailed Santorum to a tee in the last debate.
Hes a fake.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
No, I don't think Santorum can win in November. Huntsman (withdrawn, but he he could win) or Romney stand a much better chance. The majority of the American voters are moderates (poison to some here on the 'fire), and that's what it will take to win.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stush
Every clip of him that I have seen presents only his biggest misspoken moments. Obama has just as many, if not more, but the mainstream media buries those....
I wouldn't doubt that's true.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Hes a fake.

dave

Wow, who saw THAT coming...? whistle

IC B2

ADP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think Santorum would stand a chance against Obama but then again neither would Romney.

Here is my thoughts: If the price of gas keeps getting higher and unemployment rates go up, then you will see a Republican in the White House next year.

If the price of gas drops this summer, Obama will go back into office. In my opinion there isn't a Republican running that can out talk that slick talking joker but if the economy comes into play more so than now, he won't go back into office.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by djs
No, I don't think Santorum can win in November. Huntsman (withdrawn, but he he could win) or Romney stand a much better chance. The majority of the American voters are moderates (poison to some here on the 'fire), and that's what it will take to win.

I don't think the majority of the American voters are moderates, but because it takes a little more than half the votes to win any two way election, it's the moderates who are always the swing vote. That's why in the general election candidates run to the center if they want to win. Romney has been trying to run a "general" election campaign in the primary, but he's been forced to run to the right, which is not his natural inclination nor is running to the right a winning strategy in the general election.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LANDMAN4389
Here is my thoughts: If the price of gas keeps getting higher and unemployment rates go up, then you will see a Republican in the White House next year.

I agree, so I'm suggesting a good bumper sticker would be "Drive to Beat Obama". If we all use an extra 5 or 10 gallons of gas a week and fill up those empty gas cans we can drive the price of gas up high enough and soon enough to cost a lot of us our jobs, and then hopefully Obama will lose his.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably would have as good or better chance as Obamalite. Obamalite is going to make a lot of people stay home.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Santorum is about the worst choice out of the terrible choices we have.

He would be the national version of Sharon Angle. eek

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but you might want to click on the link and read this. I found it interesting.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/it-ai...ons-who-next-occupant-white-house-may-be

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mike762
This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but you might want to click on the link and read this. I found it interesting.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/it-ai...ons-who-next-occupant-white-house-may-be
If all they're going to put up against him is an establishment Republican, we might as well have four more years of Obama. Establishment Republicans and establishment Democrats are all on the same program anyway, and Republicans in Congress have historically been far more resistant to leftist presidential priorities coming from a Democrat than from a Republican president. Look how they went along with Bush on Medicare Part D, No Child Left Behind, the Patriot Act, the Department of Homeland Security, and the bailouts.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Hawk---Fortunately there are not many in the general population who think like you. That being the case it is important to nominate someone who has a decent chance of beating BHO.

...and that ain't Ron Paul who has yet to win a primary.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Hawk---Fortunately there are not many in the general population who think like you. That being the case it is important to nominate someone who has a decent chance of beating BHO.

...and that ain't Ron Paul who has yet to win a primary.
Were you as smart as you pretend, you'd understand that one has nothing to do with the other. A candidate can win a primary process in a landslide, yet get wiped out in the general, and someone who was wiped out in the primaries could be just the type who would have won in the general. According to recent polls, Ron Paul has the best chance of any of them in the general.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Pearls to swine my friend, pearls to swine...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw
Pearls to swine my friend, pearls to swine...
Afraid so.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Hes a fake.

Takes one to know one? Although, Santorum has likely had more congressional success than Paul, unless we count ear marks.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's all mute anyway, because neither Paul or Santorum are going to be on the November ballot.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
Santorum has likely had more congressional success than Paul
Really?? What percentage of spending bills did Santorum vote against vs Paul? What about TARP. How did their votes compare on that?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RickyD
Santorum has likely had more congressional success than Paul
Really?? What percentage of spending bills did Santorum vote against vs Paul? What about TARP. How did their votes compare on that?

Voting against something, or not gaining support for a bill you put together is failure, TRH... no matter whether the bill in question deserves to be voted against, or if you put together something that couldn't gain traction in DC because it made too much sense. confused

Seriously TRH you keep arguing like this and I'll most definately suspect you're aiming early for the 'fire whacko award after Gus stole it last year crazy !

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1234, 160user, 219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 60 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.