Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by reelman
Don't believe me if you don't want to but I've seen the rifles. This guy owns a gun shop, along with a bunch of other businesses, and spends a great amount of time in Africa. He's shot just about everything possible. Many, many of the critters he's shot are assorted monkeys - for some reason he just loves to shoot monkeys and baboons, kind of creepy IMHO.

And the barrel is pretty much shot out. THere is very little rifleing left in it, in fact we joke with him that he might want to start shooting 280 ammo out of it since his accuracy is not what it used to be. You have to look closely to see what checkering is left on the rifle as it's pretty much wore off also.

I'm thinking this gun store is maybe on Hwy 67?

67 and 41 to be exact!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Newly placed In a Box?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My favorite place to stop....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Don't believe me if you don't want to but I've seen the rifles. This guy owns a gun shop, along with a bunch of other businesses, and spends a great amount of time in Africa. He's shot just about everything possible. Many, many of the critters he's shot are assorted monkeys - for some reason he just loves to shoot monkeys and baboons, kind of creepy IMHO.

And the barrel is pretty much shot out. THere is very little rifleing left in it, in fact we joke with him that he might want to start shooting 280 ammo out of it since his accuracy is not what it used to be. You have to look closely to see what checkering is left on the rifle as it's pretty much wore off also.

I'm thinking this gun store is maybe on Hwy 67?

67 and 41 to be exact!

Have not heard this story about Phil. But I know enough about him to fully believe it. In addition to the gun shop and numerous other businesses he has some monster whitetails behind fence. Popped a few does off the place for the freezer. Some shockingly huge bucks running around.

His latest deal is land in North Dakota I hear. Buying up land figuring on a building boom to follow the oil boom.

Considering the location of at least one of his businesses I can see his love of shooting monkeys.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
7/08 yep some bruisers behind his fences! He had his 270 sitting in the gun rack at the preserve onetime when I was there and I looked through the bore - scary indeed! Hardly any rifleing left in it.

It's my favorite place to shop also. I think all of the new guns I've bought int the last 5 or 6 years have come from there.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The few times I hunted there, there were some beater rifles of various types in the rack. Probable the 270 was among them. I did not pay much attention. I was too busy drooling over the couple high grade browning BARs in the rack. Don't know what grade but they were just drop dead gorgeous fully engraved gold inlay high end walnut.

I have done my share of buying at the shop as well. I usually pay a little bit more but it is nice to deal with people that have a brain. A great selection and some cool mounts to look as well as the great staff makes it worth the drive from Milwaukee. Everytime I have stopped in for just something little I end up walking out with a new gun.

To get the thread back on track. I have few NIBs stashed away. Nicest and most unusual is a Savage 99 in 375 Winchester. Hang tag still on it perfect example. Other than that I got a good number of oddball 10/22s. Not high end or all that unusual but all worth way more than I paid. Bought them figuring they would be good for the future collector market. Now I just need to actual decide to sell them.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
A year ago I picked up a Ruger MKII with Awesome blueing and great wood in 7x57. Looked to be new but no box available. I bought for $350. I sent it to Hill Country for New Trigger and accurizing. They returned it a couple of months later with test target showing 3/8" groups. I topped it with a Zeiss 3-9x40 I bought off the Fire and have duplicated those groups everytime I went to the range.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
It is not mine. A friend recently pulled an interesting item from his safe. A NIB Weatherby.

That did not seem to be so unusual until he started teasing me about me working up some loads for it. Then I looked at the barrel.

"378 Weatherby" That is still not so unusual. But then I looked at the receiver.

"That is no MK V!"

It is a 378 Wea, built for Weatherby on a Schultz and Larson action. It is absolutely beautiful. Deep lustrous bluing, and the stock is a twin for the Mk V deluxe of later years.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 57 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,585
Posts18,473,398
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.