Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Texasdude29
I work with a lot of folks in the hosptiality industry with fanchises being one of them. I have eaten at good franchises and some that were horrible, depending how the franchises are run and also the requirements of the franchisor. There are franchisors who are very strict and others that are just out for the money which is usually 6% of the gross, but can go as high as 16% in some cases. Franchisees pay money for a geographic territory and open the franchise. It is like any business and if run correctly you can make a lot of money. If I had to guess and knowing Brinker International who is the franchiseor for Chili's I would probably say the franchisee was not living up to the conditions of the franchise agreement or got behind on their payment to Brinker International. But that is a guess and I'd bet I am pretty close to right. Sorry to hear you lost Chili's.

spot on....the other issue facing smaller QSR's are the rising costs. Labor, insurance, taxes and especially this year with commodities,food costs are soaring. If you are a smaller franchise, you are having a tough go of it. You'll be seeing more and more of the Chili's, Applebee's, Arby's, Wendy's either closing up shop or relocating to a higher sales potential area. Here's an example...in a major QSR chain, food costs have been projected to go up 30-40k per unit this year. So if you own 3,4 or 10, a big chunk of your cash flow is gone. On top of that all the other expenses, and a franchisor telling you to re-invest in what they feel you need (which you are bound to by your franchise agreement) its not hard going broke, or just selling.

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I like Chillis' Country Fried Steak, it's the only thing I have ever ordered there. I almost always hit the one at the airport when passing through or Wasilla when I go to the Palmer gun show. Sorry to hear of the closures, but I'll find one somewhere else.

NRA Benefactor member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the burger joint on Spenard!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Arctic Roadrunner?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Let them close who cares. I would not spend one red cent on fast food. If I was that hungry I would just go to the store and get some grub. These people need to get a life and get out of town anyway and get into the bush where they can work for themselves and not worry about a pay check. Some have to be fired to figure that out. They should be smarter about it now though.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're just bitter because they denied your EBT card......

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (280shooter, 222Sako, 325wsm1, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 18 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.