Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

I wonder how big a 'plane it takes to haul and "lay" one.

ken this is the biggy IMO,looking at their AC inventory there doesn't seem to be an airframe up to snuff for for this mission.Makes absolutely no difference if Israel plays the first card we're in the game by association therefore enter US air power.

there are air frames out there that can handle it

Which ones ? I certainly don't see any up to the task except 15E Strike Eagles with only 5,000 pounders..30,000 lb bunker busters would be a problem but will the 5K's do it? I don't think so with the depth of these fortified sites IMO.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IIRC, the Allies in World War Two considered attacks on German submarine pens as important as sinking U-boats at sea.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Burying the entrances won't stop them. It would delay their efforts but it's been said that it would only take a few months for them to dig out and rebuild.

Hitting power sources would be an effective deterrent but ...

How much power does it take to run the centrifuges? Diesel generators?

Last edited by fish head; 03/06/12. Reason: sp
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
IIRC, the Allies in World War Two considered attacks on German submarine pens as important as sinking U-boats at sea.

And the submarine pens are still for the most part there today. They could barely even put a dent in them they were so solidly made.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think it would be in Israel's interest to help with the collapse of Assad's goverment in next door Syria. The ensuing chaos would provide good cover for an attack on nuke facilities and goverment buildings in Iran. With a little help, the 'arab spring' could gain momentum there, as well.

Have an A1 Day!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore

Yes he does.

Even more important, look at the comment below the article from the ex-muslim. Yowzers--every muslim in the world says the same thing about how America is stupid for its approach to the muslim world and yet no American liberal will believe it.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I doubt that the Israelis � some of the smartest people in the world and dead-set determined not to be annihilated � will limit their strategy against Iran to just one tactic.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I doubt that the Israelis � some of the smartest people in the world and dead-set determined not to be annihilated � will limit their strategy against Iran to just one tactic.

Agreed.
Also, I would imagine that Israel has been planning for years on how to handle something just like this Iran situation.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore

Yes he does.

Even more important, look at the comment below the article from the ex-muslim. Yowzers--every muslim in the world says the same thing about how America is stupid for its approach to the muslim world and yet no American liberal will believe it.

I don't believe Dick Morris has it exactly right this time and here's why.

If Israel attacks Iran you can count on Iran and possibly Syria retaliating. Iran will not let it go unanswered. With the US out of Iraq, Iran's military can drive through Iraq and into Syria and establish bases for an all out assult ... (maybe).

OTOH, the civil war in Sryia will disrupt these efforts. This, in a way, gives Israel a good reason to strike now.

Here's the big question. Could Netanyahu count on Hussein coming to the rescue? Can Hussein be trusted to "have Israel's back"?

Would it be in Israel's best interest to wait until after the election, in the hopes that Hussein is thrown out of office, before attacking Iran? Will they wait that long?

Who knows for sure? I don't. Once again, I'm just rambling.

---------------
I should have added this. Getting Hussein out of office is not Israel's number one priority.

Last edited by fish head; 03/06/12.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I subscribe to the belief that Israel (and eventually the U.S.) will have to fight them at some point. I can't fault Israel for choosing to do it before Iran gets the bomb.

Lots of possible courses of action on the table--this could get interesting...

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see the iranians are going to allow inspectors in again.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somebody is going to be the first to use tactical nukes.

Who better than us and what more worthy target than Iran?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I see the iranians are going to allow inspectors in again.

Another delaying tactic. Another media sound bite that makes it look like our POTUS' plans are good ones...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Stalling is what the Iranians are best at. I hope the bluff is carried out by the Israeli's. The Iranians need to be put to sleep. Someone else needs to get that oil out of the ground so it can be burned up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is interesting but very dire. For the life of me, I can't figure it out.

For every justification for Israel and/or the US to attack Iran, I can come with almost equal reasons of why not to. OTOH, for every "not to" I can see a reason why.

The one alternative is to eliminate the regimes, and I'm talking about the people, that would do Israel and the US harm but that has just as many dilemmas.

I just hope there's a plan in the works that won't start WW 111 or result in nuclear attacks by either side.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How about this for an off the wall solution. grin

Everybody (NATO) chip in to build nuclear power plants for Iran and have international operators run the plants. In exchange they relinquish all control of nuclear materials.

I'd stock the cooling ponds with big mouth bass too. Peace out and good fishin' dude. laugh

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It is the start of Armageddon whether you like it or not. Read your bible if you have on and it will lay it out for you. If you have kids right now, very soon the flesh will be burned off of them. From the nukes and fire in the skies. You guys had your turn and you blew it and now it is all set up for you.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
if you PM me your mailing address, I'll get some ex lax's on the way.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by AKHntr
It is the start of Armageddon whether you like it or not. Read your bible if you have on and it will lay it out for you. If you have kids right now, very soon the flesh will be burned off of them. From the nukes and fire in the skies. You guys had your turn and you blew it and now it is all set up for you.

very true

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fish head
How about this for an off the wall solution. grin

Everybody (NATO) chip in to build nuclear power plants for Iran and have international operators run the plants. In exchange they relinquish all control of nuclear materials.

I'd stock the cooling ponds with big mouth bass too. Peace out and good fishin' dude. laugh

That was tried about five years ago. The Iranians flatly refused. The Russians even offered to give them replacement fuel when it needed changing. The Iranians still refused.

The UN offered to help Russia with the costs. Russia agreed, if the Iranians would agree.

It has NEVER been about creating electricity, just weapons.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, akrange, 16 invisible), 1,641 guests, and 848 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,940
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.