Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fishnfowler
I'm surprised that you extract in the spring. Over on our side of the Cascades, (Kittitas), I extract in September. Looks good. We had a moderate year this year and I only got a couple of supers off each hive.

We should have but we still had a couple of gallon jars left on the shelf and farm life can get kind of busy. Then it got to cold. We did just fine working in the greenhouse. It was hot enough inside the the honey flowed well but cold enough outside the bees did not start flying until we were done.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by northcountry
Scott
Are you using an electric capping knife? How many supers do you do at one time in the extractor, two or four. If you call me I will share with you what I found to be the best strainer.
Cheers Don

Yes Don, we use an electric knife. I was showing the help that it gets pretty hot. Now there is a nice blister on my thumb. eek

I will give you a call.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Rob, same lady. Thy are just about to head off to another farm in Oregon. They have been a delight to have on the farm but we have a new crop of help on the way. That is one of the great things about a teaching farm, you get to meet and interact with fine people of all ages.

Bee pollen is great for those with allergies. If harvested locally it can make the allergy symptoms disappear.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
cool beans! I currently have four supers I had to leave on over-winter that the bees haven't touched. I'm trying to decide when / how many to extract.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When your bees start working Spring plants you can pull your supers. You will need to make room for them anyway or the will swarm like mad.

IC B2

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
not much nectar here yet, but it'll be in the 60's this week and they've been bringing in quite a bit of pollen already.

I'm planning on taking a peak in this weekend, maybe pulling one super per hive and leaving one on (in case the weather turns out like last year = no flying until June).

smile

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
not much nectar here yet, but it'll be in the 60's this week and they've been bringing in quite a bit of pollen already.

I'm planning on taking a peak in this weekend, maybe pulling one super per hive and leaving one on (in case the weather turns out like last year = no flying until June).

smile

Sounds like a good plan. If it is that warm you might want to treat for mights and nosema at the same time.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
Rob, same lady. Thy are just about to head off to another farm in Oregon. They have been a delight to have on the farm but we have a new crop of help on the way. That is one of the great things about a teaching farm, you get to meet and interact with fine people of all ages.

Bee pollen is great for those with allergies. If harvested locally it can make the allergy symptoms disappear.

Scott,
Do you not screen your farmers before they show up for work? Or just settle for what you get?

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Great pictures! Thanks. I love that old extractor.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't read your filth but I understand you have said things about my wife. That sir is a shooting offense. Why don't you come here and say your piece to my face. You man enough to face up to a an old crippled man or are you going to hide.

Scott Fairing
Compass Rose Farms
1462 West Uncas Rd.
Port Townsend, WA 98368

You got the balls or are you just hot air?

IC B3

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Kind of quiet. I hope he is packing for the trip.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Scott, I'm impressed!

We had a hive for a while. It was given to us by a friend who was moving. I don't think we had it situated quite right. The bees used it a couple years, then up and left. The honey was unbelievable.

The Wood Nymph looks someone(s) I used to know.... grins....

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He said nothing about your wife Scott, and don't let that POS turn this thread into anything other than what it is, As in a thread that the average person is clueless about(ME).

I had no idea what it takes to produce this product.

I've said this before Scott, you are a simple Man and that is clearly meant as a compliment....

Your self-sustaining lifestyle on your Farm is envious.

I think your Farm is ready for your very own TV Reality show,

I'm positive it would be more interesting than most of the crap on the tube at present....

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
Don't read your filth but I understand you have said things about my wife. That sir is a shooting offense. Why don't you come here and say your piece to my face. You man enough to face up to a an old crippled man or are you going to hide.

Scott Fairing
Compass Rose Farms
1462 West Uncas Rd.
Port Townsend, WA 98368

You got the balls or are you just hot air?

Do you have TWO wives? I asked about the Nymph. And the Nymph's hairdo. I did not realize there was a remote possiblility of it being a Mormon Farm?????? Is it? Or did you simply jump to conclusions? What is the truth in this matter? I have made no reference whatsoever toward the older woman in the thread pictures.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Kenneth
He said nothing about your wife Scott, and don't let that POS turn this thread into anything other than what it is, As in a thread that the average person is clueless about(ME).

I've said this before Scott, you are a simple Man and that is clearly meant as a compliment....

I'm positive it would be more interesting than most of the crap on the tube at present....

This post clearly demonstrates how those that choose ignore chose to remain ignorant. Their choice. But it then leads them into being delussional about reality. I will never understand why someone would knowingly want to remain ignorant of what they themselves start. The OP started the thread and then ignores comments. Leaving he himself the ignorant one. Makes no sense. Good on you Kenneth for pointing this out!!!!

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Thanks for the clarification. and, thank you for your kind words.

So if he was speaking about the young lady the Campfire called the Wood Nymph he is still is insulting a woman under my care. I stand as the patriarch of my family. I have a wife, three daughters and six granddaughters under my influence. I take the position seriously. I also include under that umbrella and ladies living on the farm. The lady pictured has lived here for almost a year. Many Campfire members have stood and watched her shoot at the pin shoot and watched her shoot Mark's 416 Rigby and hit the target.

So my comments to the rat still stand only now I am sure there would be others to stand behind me.

My name and address is posted. A real man would come and say those things to my face and be prepared to deal with the consequences. A real man would either apologize and take back his words or just log out for ever. But then a ream man would not have said such things about a lady to begin with.

So, are you a real man or are you just a coward and afraid to face an old crip?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AKHntr
This post clearly demonstrates how those that choose ignore chose to remain ignorant. Their choice. But it then leads them into being delussional about reality. I will never understand why someone would knowingly want to remain ignorant of what they themselves start. The OP started the thread and then ignores comments. Leaving he himself the ignorant one. Makes no sense. Good on you Kenneth for pointing this out!!!!

To this point I have pretty thought nothing much of the posts you make. I even stopped talking to a member here because of his attack on you. Now even though I still prefer to keep that member on the outside of my world, I must admit I see the light.

If ignorance is bliss, you are one the happiest men in the world.

I stand with Scott F, now and always. He is a good man, they are far and few between, I am proud to know him, and call him friend.

Lynn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Scott, It's been 22 years since I worked a hive of bees, but I can't shake the honey habit. Here in South Texas we have a little bush called Guajillo. I makes a very light honey. I'd always try to pull my supers as soon as the Guajillo flow stopped. We'd save that honey for Christmas presents and use the rest ourselves. Web flies put an end to my beekeeping along with my developing a pretty severe allergy to honeybee stings and the Africanization of Texas bees. Now I just buy my fix, but every year when the Guajillo blooms I sure think about getting back into it.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry to hear about your allergy Allen. That would be tough.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by AKHntr

To this point I have pretty thought nothing much of the posts you make. I even stopped talking to a member here because of his attack on you. Now even though I still prefer to keep that member on the outside of my world, I must admit I see the light.

If ignorance is bliss, you are one the happiest men in the world.

I stand with Scott F, now and always. He is a good man, they are far and few between, I am proud to know him, and call him friend.

Lynn

Thank you Dear Lady.

I really support Ricks slow finger on the banning trigger. This is one case where I wish he was not quite so slow.

However, I stand my ground. My name and address is posted. He hides behind a handle and is a coward. Let him come and say such trash to my face. Heck, I am just a harmless old cripple. Big shot macho mane like him should be able to talk to me face to face.

Call me any name in the book but bad mouth my ladies is not acceptable.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 21, 1234, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 57 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,399
Posts18,527,915
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.