I have followed the thread on CCI Quiet 22's but they are not available locally, I was able to stop in BPS tonight and they did not have them either; however, they had Winchester Super X 22 Long CB-Match. The box did not list velocity but it indicated a 29gr lead round nose so I asked one of the kids to look it up online, he said 7XX fps so I grabbed two boxes and headed home.

http://www.winchester.com/Products/rimfire-ammunition/super-x/lead-round-nose/Pages/X22LRCBMA.aspx

I grabbed the Cooper 57 and single loaded a CCI CB and two CB-Match in the clip, I went in the front yard and fired the CB into the timber, chambered CB-Long, fired it and then the second round.

The CB-Long was marginally louder with about 1" of flash out of the muzzle. When I say marginal, I bet that people standing in the yard would not notice the difference if I did not mention two different ammo.

They did feed fine which is a plus for me since I have loaded CB's single for many years. I do want to test the CB-Longs on paper and follow up with the Quiet 22's.

I also pulled two 40gr bullets and pressed them in two CB cases and fire them, followed by two CB's and I could not tell any difference at all, none.

Last edited by RDW; 03/10/12.

Dave