Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
As a new member of this site, I would expect the seller not to ship an item purchased until payment is received and if payment is by check, for the check to clear. I have bought and sold items on this site and other sites and have not had any issues with any transaction. I also communicate with the other party until the deal is complete and finished for both parties.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
aalf,
My heart goes out to you. Hard to know what to do. Sounds like you are on it.

I have been very fortunate, as well. This site has some of the nicest people I could imagine to deal with. Truly wonderful folks.
Every once in a while, there are a couple that get you.

I have been burned before. Not much to do but pound them, or move on. I honestly wish you the best success, to recover your funds.

Wanted to say thank you to all on here, that do their best. There are a bunch, for sure.

re

Beware the man with one gun, for he likely knows how to use it...
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Go look at his previous posts about his VTR in 308 posted in Mid-Jan.

He talks about trying to get his mag box out of the gun thru the action, instead of taking the stock off. The mag box gets stuck then he strips a screw from the action while trying to get the stock off and fix the jammed bottom metal.

Hes a dumbass.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
This is pretty sad...Over $125!?!? Why wouldn't he just pay it and be done??

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had dealings with him back in December on a trade. It finally turned out alright, and I was never at risk of being ripped off.

On 12-5, after several weeks of him saying he wanted to go through with trading a Conquest for a bow, I wrote:

"Jeff,

I'm wondering where you are with this. You've said more than once you will send pictures, but haven't, as well as your address. If we are going to trade your Conquest for the bow, I will need to receive the scope before I send the bow. I'm growing hesitant."

On 12-7 he said:
"It's on it's way.
Go ahead and check it out and let me know what you think.
If you like it send the bow on down."

On 12-12 I wrote:
"Do you have any shipping information on the scope?"

The following day he responded:

"Fedex actually brought scope back to office and my secretary was out because of her mothers funeral.

We had not put your contact phone number on the shipping package.
It will be there tomorrow by 10 or 3 pm.
They ended up not needing a contact number."

I have no clue what the problem was with my shipping number on the package. However, it did arrive on 12-14 and was in good condition. I can't interpret a man's intentions, and the deal turned out fine in the end, but it was a bit awkward along the way. At the end of the day, I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt. I hope things work out well for you.

As for the mayor thing, here is what he wrote:
"I'm the mayor here and there's only 180 of us in one section of land in the middle of the Atchafalaya basin!!!"

IC B2

aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Lookie what I found........wonder what the excuse is now.....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...6/Re_How_long_is_long_enough#Post5282536

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Mayor- shmayer!!!
He ran unopposed in a town of 175 people.
With a town that small you should be able to get him on the phone around lunchtime .
That would shake him loose to be told he has a phone call while he's at lunch and have you on the other end...
I'd call Buddens Store and ask if he's there.(337) 623-4711
Trust me. You leave a stern but polite message about him owing you money and it will get to him.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
this guy really has 1001 excuses doesnt he?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey it could be worse.........would you deal with a guy(?) who had 30 screen names....

Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by goodiewrench, oldman1942, BossLady, interthem, Mr. Humble,
This is a sad example of why "free PayPal" (for non guns and other unforbidden items) is so great. Yeah you can be stiffed there ("the empty box trick") but most folks are Ebay members too and have far too much to lose to cheat. I realize many hate Ebay/Paypal because of their "California values", but most of those folks are using Windows OS and Bill Gates is the anti-gun poster boy.

Send a registered letter telling him failure to receive funds will result in your filing a complaint with all the branches of law enforcement you can think of (name them in the letter with addresses), and that you will out him on every gun site, (there are a ton).

Always prudent to never ship w/o cleared payment and if a gun is involved go directly to FBI & BATF. You never know, his real name might be Achmed !

If he's cheating you, he's probably cheating in his taxes too.........

Good hunting !

GFY!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
maybe call his daddy.....

[Linked Image]
Jeff H. Benhard of Palmetto, La., studied economics and business at LSU.

Benhard is president of Benhard Grain, Inc., a grain and feed export business in Palmetto. He is also owner of Palmetto Angus Farms. He and his wife, the late Mary Pearce, have three children.

Benhard�s business affiliations include Washington State Bank, Palmetto Mercantile Company, Peoples Moss Gin Company, Benhard Warehouses, and Jeffco Transportation. Other affiliations include Palmetto Methodist Church, Louisiana Angus Association, LSU Junior Division Board, LSU Livestock Advisory Committee, and Louisiana Cattleman�s Association.

LSU Foundation Laureate Society, R. Olivia Davis Laureate

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't know any of the details about this gripe, but I know Palmetto very well and absolutley guarantee that nothing is being stolen.

aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ringworm
I'd call Buddens Store and ask if he's there.(337) 623-4711

I did call on 3-7. The gal wouldn't say where he was, or if or when he'd be back. She was being very protective for some reason. Obviously not the first guy looking for him.

She was wondering what I need to talk to him for. Really wanted to tell her it was none of her GD business. I told her it was a business deal and gave her my first name and number for him to return my call. Of course that has gone as expected.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by aalf
AKA:

Jeff Benhard II
125 West Railroad Avenue
Palmetto, La. 71358

3-12 at 8.36PM:

Interesting that you're still ignoring the obvious......

Palmetto (Member #19742)
User
Registered On: 09/17/08 03:37 PM

Wow, the guy intended to steal from you from the beginning and makes no bones about it.

aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mdv1state
I don't know any of the details about this gripe, but I know Palmetto very well and absolutley guarantee that nothing is being stolen.

Bullshitt

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

Why don't you pony up and send aalf his $125.00 and then collect from the dumphuck?!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you know him so well you should tell him to pay his freaking bills or pay it yourself and then you can deal with his sorry ass.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like we think alike GW!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

Why don't you pony up and send aalf his $125.00 and then collect from the dumphuck?!

Muleshoe, send me your address and I'll send you $60.00 and will collect from Palmetto when he's able, or if payment shows up, you can reimburse me. He has a good reputation in my book and something ain't right.

Didnt you offer up something similar?

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Fool me once..

aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Read my first post.....it'll get you up to speed.

Seems to be pretty clear to everyone else.......

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,375 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,987
Posts18,499,869
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.