T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by antlers
"LADIES & GENTLEMAN !!!!
IT'S THE BATTLE OF THE MILLENIUM !!!!
CREATION VS. EVOLUTION!!!

This is going to be a caged, no holds barred match, to the death!!!!

In one corner we have EVOLUTION, who brings with it an assortment of weapons, including : records, fossils, actual proof, and even a bit of faith and belief.

In the other corner we have CREATION, who brings---wait a minute, CREATION is pulling something from out of a sack, it's a....it's a.... It's a book ?!? CREATION has brought a book to use in battle. And yes a bit of faith & belief."

Damn you're dumb, quite ignorant as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take_a_knee.....

I've tried to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my own ass!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Take a knee, when they took your knee, they apparently took both your legs and left you without a leg to stand on.

Ignorance + Arrogance = Stupidity

Don't keep going there.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ringman

What metaphors and parables are you refering to?
Curious whether you believe the bread and wine at the last supper were literally the flesh and blood of Jesus. Roman Catholics believe it, but just wondering if you agree with Catholics on this.
Looking forward to an answer to this question.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by BrentD
Take a knee, when they took your knee, they apparently took both your legs and left you without a leg to stand on.

Don't keep going there.

You don't have a combat arms background, do you schitbird?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Curious whether you believe the bread and wine at the last supper were literally the flesh and blood of Jesus. Roman Catholics believe it, but just wondering if you agree with Catholics on this.

If I never heard of the Catholic Church I belive Jesus. They got their believe about the body and blood of Jesus from Whom? Jesus! He, after all, did feed over 5,000 people with a sack lunch and had several baskets left over. He did, in fact, raise Lazarus from the dead after Lazarus was buried for four days. So when He says, "This is My body broken for you" who am I to challenge Him?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"LADIES & GENTLEMAN !!!!
IT'S THE BATTLE OF THE MILLENIUM !!!!
CREATION VS. EVOLUTION!!!

This is going to be a caged, no holds barred match, to the death!!!!

In one corner we have EVOLUTION, who brings with it an assortment of weapons, including : records, fossils, actual proof, and even a bit of faith and belief.

In the other corner we have CREATION, who brings---wait a minute, CREATION is pulling something from out of a sack, it's a....it's a.... It's a book ?!? CREATION has brought a book to use in battle. And yes a bit of faith & belief."

You seem to be ignorant of the fact that creationists and evlutionists use the same science. It is a matter of world view. We bring our biases no matter where we go.

Why do you think so many Ph.D evolutionists reject evolution in favor of creation every year? Can you name one Ph.D creationists, not a theologian, who has switched to evolution?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You seem to be ignorant of the fact that creationists and evlutionists use the same science.

Hardly.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

If I never heard of the Catholic Church I belive Jesus. They got their believe about the body and blood of Jesus from Whom? Jesus! He, after all, did feed over 5,000 people with a sack lunch and had several baskets left over. He did, in fact, raise Lazarus from the dead after Lazarus was buried for four days. So when He says, "This is My body broken for you" who am I to challenge Him?
You might be the only Protestant who accepts that. Protestants generally believe he was using symbolism, and quote scripture in support of that claim.

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Don't keep going there.

Hey! another schitbird. But at least I'm capitalized.

Murphy was an optimist.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Don't keep going there.

You don't have a Biology or even Science background do you [bleep]? Hint, they are more relevant in this case than combat arms.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Can you name one Ph.D creationists, not a theologian, who has switched to evolution?

Thats just because there are about 1.7 million life scientists in the US and there are about 50 that believe in creationsim.

There was a poll on Evolution/Creationism at ASCB (annual meeting of the American Society of Cell Biology) a number of years ago and there were less than 10 out the 45K attending scientists that did not believe in evolution. (I figured that half of those read the question wrong)

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Ringman, when Jesus said "I am the door," did he at that moment literally transform into a door, or do you think he was being figurative/symbolic in his usage of that phrase? What about when he warned, "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees?" Do you think he was warning us not to purchase baking supplies from them, or do you suppose he was speaking figuratively?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Flyfast

Don't keep going there.

Hey! another schitbird. But at least I'm capitalized.

Dang, capitalized!!! Does that mean we have to refer to you as Mr Schitbird??

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a biology (and science) background, and I can prove evolution exists. I can do it easily, and in a way that cannot be disputed. I can talk about Darwin's Finches, Gypsy Moths, Galapagos Tortoises, Fruit Flys, Potato Bugs, Gregor Mendel's Peas..., ..., ... The best, easiest argument I came up with is germs. Yes, germs. They are becoming more virulent and antibiotic resistant every day. That's evolution. By it's very definition, Evolution is the mechanism. Start with a population of organisms. Within a population, there is variation in traits among organisms. Now, the environment has to change. Stress has to be introduced. Some organisms in the population will be better suited to deal with this stress. They will do better. Get more food. Make more babies. Avoid predators... Eventually, over many generations, the favorable traits will be dominant in the population. That's evolution.

You have a strain of bacteria. Say, Staph aureus. It lives on our skin and usually doesn't bother us. Well, it also kills us. Jim Henson, the guy who created the Muppets died of a paper cut. Staph aureus got him. A particularly virulent strain. Hospitals are full of it. There are strains that are Streptomycin resistant. Soon, there will be strains that are Vancomycin resistant and a lot of people are going to die.

Bacteria on you probably number in the millions. They reproduce quickly and have lots of offspring. The perfect formula for evolution. You get sick, take antibiotics and get better. It doesn't kill all the bacteria. Some survive and reproduce. It won't kill their progeny either! Antibiotic resistance will become a trait of that strain. Eventually, unfortunately, a particularly nasty strain will follow this model and we have a killer. Germs evolve faster than we can find their weakness and develop antibiotics to treat them.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Combat arms background? Really? Man, this is like watchin a couple of retarded kids fight; pathetic and sad but funny as hell at the same time. TAK, my buddy at work wants to buy you a couple of beers. I showed him this thread and he ain't laughed that hard in a long time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tried to change the subject.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sorry, just killing time waiting on Ringman to answer Hawk's latest. Besides, although you're absolutely and unfortunately correct on the adaptation of bacteria, it looks like we're stuck on appeals to authority and interpretation of scripture now. Damned shame too because as you pointed out, evolution is not only true; it might kill ya.

Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (673, 300_savage, 1minute, 35WhelenNut, 6mmCreedmoor, 2five7, 13 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 986 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,862
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.