Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#6320137 03/21/12
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Anybody got one? How do you like it? Upsides? Downsides? It looks like anything under $400 for a new one is decent but closer to $300 for a slightly used one is even better. Am I wrong?

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
HAD a cw 45 all i have read about them was true . great accurcy, clips falling out lite strikes and all. kahr sent me a new mag release , fixed that problem the lite strikes can be fixed by useing fed. primered stuff but IMO that is BS (yes miss fires with a varity of factory stuff not just reloads) not to mention being so picky on bullet profiles on which it would feed; but I could live with that , can't trust a carry gun that you have had soo many miss fires !! I fixed it by selling it to someone eles ,yes i told him the history and he was just going to send it in; but with the history i had with it i would never trust it . that cw 45 was the best advertismnet the glock 36 ever had.

Last edited by ldholton; 03/22/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do not have personal experience with them, but I have heard nothing but good things

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a PM in 9mm..... super accurate for a lil gun , EASY to carry (easiest CCW i have), and i have had not failures with shooting or mag release!

In fact, my brother and pal shot mine and they have ended up with one as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a PM in 9mm..... super accurate for a lil gun , EASY to carry (easiest CCW i have), and i have had not failures with shooting or mag release!

In fact, my brother and pal shot mine and they have ended up with one as well.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
that cw 45 was the best advertismnet the glock 36 ever had.

That was my exact experience.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks y'all.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 257wthbylover

Same weapon, seame experience. As in: no problems shooting any ammo, reloads or other. No issues with mag release.

I love mine.. for whatever that's worth.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Geffray Mynshul
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got a couple K9's here and they have been trouble free.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have a CW-40. It shoots great. No issues at all. I like it.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Have an MK-9 Elite. Sweet little gun with a little better trigger (hence the "elite" designation). It likes to tag along with me on day hikes.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Anybody got one? How do you like it? Upsides? Downsides? It looks like anything under $400 for a new one is decent but closer to $300 for a slightly used one is even better. Am I wrong?
I believe those are standard sized, right, i.e., same proportions as the P9, right? If so, I highly recommend them to the extent they function as well as my P9 always has. I'd avoid the used ones, as I'd assume they're up for sale for a reason.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have both the CW9 & the CW40. They are both very accurate and have been 100% reliable through about 500 rounds each. Highly recommended!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Waiting for a friends CW45 to come back from Kahr, it was all jammed up. Had to push the slide closed and the trigger back into battery, it would not reset.

Will see what they do and how it wrings out on its return.

Month of strange problems, got a G21 in today with a fractured breech face and broken trigger return spring, an new bare slide is $260.00 my cost!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
galleryofguns.com (Davidson's) has a lifetime warranty. If you have a problem with one of their guns, they will replace it (if they have more in stock) or repair it. If within 30 days (IIRC), at no charge to you (including shipping)- $10 processing fee after 30 days. You'll pay a bit more for the warranty feature, but its worth it -- you completely avoid the lemon problem this way.

Reason I mention this is that I ordered a CW45 from them and after about 800 rounds, I couldn't get it to function reliably. Talked to my dealer, and the next day a brand new gun was delivered -- no charge. Did the same thing with a Puma M92 .454. No questions asked, jut a new gun the next day.

Now to your question. I have a CW9, CW40, and a CW45 (the replacement).

I've never had a problem with the CW9 (Incl Win Ranger T 127gr +p+ and 147gr +p Buff Bore).

The 40 runs 100% with ammo that it likes (not real particular either although I ran into a few feed probs with some PMC stuff).

The CW45 runs 100% with factory ammo it likes (some ammo sensitivity), and when cleaned regularly with my grubby handloads.

The CW40 is my NY reload and I carry it in my front pocket (Uncle Mikes pocket holster #3) loaded with Double Tap 200gr WFNGCs. Just today, I installed a a Crimson Trace Laser Guard -- light weight, compact, hardly know it's there and fits in the Uncle Mikes pocket holster.

I shoot these a lot and thoroughly enjoy them.

Paul

Last edited by paul105; 03/22/12.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

If I'm going to order something from Davidson's I try to make sure they have several in stock so that if the one I get doesn't work, I get a different gun.

Davidson's currently has 47 CW40s in stock.

Paul

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by paul105
galleryofguns.com (Davidson's) has a lifetime warranty. If you have a problem with one of their guns, they will replace it (if they have more in stock) or repair it. If within 30 days (IIRC), at no charge to you (including shipping)- $10 processing fee after 30 days. You'll pay a bit more for the warranty feature, but its worth it -- you completely avoid the lemon problem this way.

Reason I mention this is that I ordered a CW45 from them and after about 800 rounds, I couldn't get it to function reliably. Talked to my dealer, and the next day a brand new gun was delivered -- no charge. Did the same thing with a Puma M92 .454. No questions asked, jut a new gun the next day.

Now to your question. I have a CW9, CW40, and a CW45 (the replacement).

I've never had a problem with the CW9 (Incl Win Ranger T 127gr +p+ and 147gr +p Buff Bore).

The 40 runs 100% with ammo that it likes (not real particular either although I ran into a few feed probs with some PMC stuff).

The CW45 runs 100% with factory ammo it likes (some ammo sensitivity), and when cleaned regularly with my grubby handloads.

The CW40 is my NY reload and I carry it in my front pocket (Uncle Mikes pocket holster #3) loaded with Double Tap 200gr WFNGCs. Just today, I installed a a Crimson Trace Laser Guard -- light weight, compact, hardly know it's there and fits in the Uncle Mikes pocket holster.

I shoot these a lot and thoroughly enjoy them.

Paul

how would you like the time you pulled it on a bad guy to be the 801th time you shot it mine had about a 1000 rounds went it went to [bleep]

Last edited by ldholton; 03/22/12.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

I wouldn�t care much for it. That�s one of the reasons I carry two guns most of the time.

Anyone that�s shot a lot has had gun failures at some point with all available platforms. Some of it is ammo related, some mechanical, some due to neglect or inattention. You can�t be 100% certain that anything will work all of the time.

Paul

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ldholton

how would you like the time you pulled it on a bad guy to be the 801th time you shot it mine had about a 1000 rounds went it went to [bleep]
That applies to every single handgun made..

Some time or other, it can/may/will fail... I don't care what make, model, size yada yada yada.. It has parts - parts can fail.. It uses ammo - ammo can fail..

Seen it often.. BTDT..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have the CW 40 and CW 45....no problems.

My CW 45 is a lot more accurate than it's glock counter part...make no mistake about that fact!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

168 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 29aholic, 673, 5sdad, 264mag, 25 invisible), 2,140 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,075
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.