B
Boxer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Here is another example of why I live with twist envy in my 22-250

The plate on the left was shot by BillyGoatGruff and his 1-8" 22-250 AI launching the 75gr A-Max @ 3,300ish. Note the snow moving to the left... I shot the same distance (455 yards) with some 55gr Nosler's clocking 3,600ish and my POI was 5" off target.

Not the first time his fast twist rifle kicked my azz....

[Linked Image]

Plate on the right was from his 7 RUM.

Travis

For conversation,my 23" 1-7.7" Krieger 22-250AI makes 3450fps+ with the 75A-Max and that boolit do very nice things,regarding the slipping of atmospheric conditions.

[Linked Image]

The 75'Max leaving at 3450fps drifts 13.1" at 450yds in 10mph full value and retains 2447fps at the scene. 1K is a sub 21 MOA ele correction at sealevel(as a worst case scenario) and 1491 fps at the scene. Literally not a bad way to fly.

Hint.

tex',

No need to wax eloquent upon your not having a [bleep] clue,or having a single rifle so chambered,twisted as per the discussion...though I'm digging your "if" Treatise and copious Jeff-O Dumbphucktitude. Of course they are ignorant [bleep] clueless Bean Counters and Stupidity is the sole reason for the Goat [bleep],but I'm digging your "blow up" Theorum,that schit was(is) GREAT!

Feel free to revisit your incredible ineptitude. Just sayin'. The upside in regard to reserve RPM,is there ain't no downside and I dig that the profundity fully escapes your "comprehension","knowledge" and "experience".

[Linked Image]

As an aside,Cooper doesn't make any Hard Use Utility Rifles,though they make Fluff.

[Linked Image]

In fairness,I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess...and I'd not wish to slight your proclivity to guess and badly.

Wow.

'we,

Has nothing to do with warming up. Has simply to do with shooting and if you never shoot,you'll never get it and tepid temps will be your Swan Song.

Noone who's tasted it,rolls slow.

Hint.

Swifty,

I dig how you Do-Nothing/Know-Nothing Dumbphucks flock together.

IF only you had the faculties to know how [bleep] funny that truly is.

Laffin'!

HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer
Originally Posted by deflave
Here is another example of why I live with twist envy in my 22-250

The plate on the left was shot by BillyGoatGruff and his 1-8" 22-250 AI launching the 75gr A-Max @ 3,300ish. Note the snow moving to the left... I shot the same distance (455 yards) with some 55gr Nosler's clocking 3,600ish and my POI was 5" off target.

Not the first time his fast twist rifle kicked my azz....

[Linked Image]

Plate on the right was from his 7 RUM.

Travis

For conversation,my 23" 1-7.7" Krieger 22-250AI makes 3450fps+ with the 75A-Max and that boolit do very nice things,regarding the slipping of atmospheric conditions.

[Linked Image]

The 75'Max leaving at 3450fps drifts 13.1" at 450yds in 10mph full value and retains 2447fps at the scene. 1K is a sub 21 MOA ele correction at sealevel(as a worst case scenario) and 1491 fps at the scene. Literally not a bad way to fly.

Hint.

tex',

No need to wax eloquent upon your not having a [bleep] clue,or having a single rifle so chambered,twisted as per the discussion...though I'm digging your "if" Treatise and copious Jeff-O Dumbphucktitude. Of course they are ignorant [bleep] clueless Bean Counters and Stupidity is the sole reason for the Goat [bleep],but I'm digging your "blow up" Theorum,that schit was(is) GREAT!

Feel free to revisit your incredible ineptitude. Just sayin'. The upside in regard to reserve RPM,is there ain't no downside and I dig that the profundity fully escapes your "comprehension","knowledge" and "experience".

[Linked Image]

As an aside,Cooper doesn't make any Hard Use Utility Rifles,though they make Fluff.

[Linked Image]

In fairness,I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess...and I'd not wish to slight your proclivity to guess and badly.

Wow.

'we,

Has nothing to do with warming up. Has simply to do with shooting and if you never shoot,you'll never get it and tepid temps will be your Swan Song.

Noone who's tasted it,rolls slow.

Hint.

Swifty,

I dig how you Do-Nothing/Know-Nothing Dumbphucks flock together.

IF only you had the faculties to know how [bleep] funny that truly is.

Laffin'!

thought someone who thinks so highly of themselves could come up with new material and thoughts. But alas you have proved to be like this guy [Linked Image] chained up to his own ignorance,
and shallow thinkng.
You gots me really rolling and LAFFIN big Time.

Swifty

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boxer

tex',

So in other words, you haven't asked them. Carry on smile

edit to add - your pics are pretty cool, so feel free to keep posting them. smile

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 03/24/12.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Any one tried the twist rate change through quickload? I have in the past and I am pretty sure it predicted negligible if any pressure differences. I am in ND today and do not have Ql on this computer. I have shot hot loaded 55gr loads set up for my 14T 223 through my 7T 223 with out a problem.

STOP IT.
Real world experience is not welcome here. It ain't near as humorous either....grin

What about guns?When do we get guns?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ingwe
"twist envy"...dats a new one...

and I have GOT to check into these'aviators'..... whistle

If you can't find aviators locally, just print off a picture of shrapnel. I find a quick flashing of this photo is akin to FBI Credentials in a Hollywood flick.

People just tend to move the [bleep] out of your way.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TannerGun
Is a beer-company ball cap and or mustache required? You've got me listening...

Negative. No need to accessorize aviators. At all.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TannerGun
They'd already seen like 8 chicken pot pies... It is Montucky after all...

laugh

Possibly. Hard to say really. BillyGoatGruff dumpster dives for them. He's a bit...umm...thrifty...

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any one tried the twist rate change through quickload? I have in the past and I am pretty sure it predicted negligible if any pressure differences. I am in ND today and do not have Ql on this computer. I have shot hot loaded 55gr loads set up for my 14T 223 through my 7T 223 with out a problem.

Huh. Didn't even know that was an option. I will have to try that.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why, when we got jeffy doin' his best guesses?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just checking. I do normally go minimal clothing when sporting aviators but was unsure of how it goes in Montucky.

I'm talking boots and beaters...

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Boxer, I was going to push these faster, but the only thing I had on hand when I started working up a load for it was H4350. I got up to 41 grains I think, but accuracy fell off, so 39 gets me 3300 and as much accuracy as I could hope for. I may try a different load with those Amax's eventually, but what's not to love about not stepping on it too hard and still getting good performance? I dunno, but maybe going 3300 instead of 34 or 35 will get me a little more tube life. Re 15 does get me 3500 (I think, working off memory) with the 62 ttsxs, and it's only a click or two adjustment from my zero w/ the amax's. FWIW with a 250y zero with the amax's I'm within an inch or two at 200 yards with 53 tsx's going 3800, 62 ttsx's going 3500, 55 horn sp's (dunno speed, 39 gr of H4350 for a ff load), and another 40 gr vmax load.

What's wrong with being thrifty eh? Some tape over those holes and the plates are good-to-go!

Last edited by BillyGoatGruff; 03/24/12.

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nail

STOP IT.
Real world experience is not welcome here. It ain't near as humorous either....grin

Was just throwing a bone, to help with the theorizing smile

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Doesn't seem that 7.7 twist 22-250AI is being slowed down by twist rate..... whistle smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Huh. Didn't even know that was an option. I will have to try that.

look under the "data, add load change tab", I think it is gun data, should be an option there somewhere.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Speaking of Goat [bleep] I can't believe this thread has gone on for 30 pages.

Last edited by Prwlr; 03/24/12.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I learned a few things, some of it good some of it not so much.

Anyway, enough to get my curiosity up enough to buy a box of the current hot topic bullet of the week, and even a couple more boxes of Bob's all time favorite. wink

[Linked Image]

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What are you gonna run those Amax's in, battue?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by battue
I learned a few things, some of it good some of it not so much.

Anyway, enough to get my curiosity up enough to buy a box of the current hot topic bullet of the week, and even a couple more boxes of Bob's all time favorite. wink

[Linked Image]

Mmmm.... A-Max....

Travis

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
.223AI that is currently being put together.

Would like to give them a go in my .22-250, but it's 1:10 may not get it done. Now where did I come up with that? grin Mmmmm.... grin

Last edited by battue; 03/24/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Off the Amax box maybe? grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 30 of 47 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 219DW, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,274
Posts18,486,646
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.