Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Not enough contact, the marks are small, horizontal rectangles; too deep into the lands, vertical rectangles, running with the axis of the bullet.

This is not new stuff. It's been used for years by bench rest shooters, who sometimes jam their bullets pretty hard into the lands. For hunters, that's not so good, as unloading such a round can pull the bullet, dumping a bunch of loose powder in the rifle action.

The "square" engagement is sorta in between, touching without jamming. This degree of engagement won't pull the bullet.

DF

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T

Dirtfarmer:

Putting a bullet into the lands isn't news to me.

The square engagement deal totally is.

Thanks.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Hence use of the term "kiss"... not "jam"...

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Although kissing and jamming do have other applications...

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just for Boxer, I do this thing:

[Linked Image]

Shot good too, unless I was just Imagining it.... grin...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
COAL only matters for magazine length. Is that what you are showing here, or is this the measurement you are relying on for lands engagement?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
(unlike your famous Unposted Load).

haha, I don't think you want to bring up the "post your load" rant. Isn't everybody hitting 2700 with the 7-08 and amax now?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Although kissing and jamming do have other applications...

Indeed! laugh

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
damn! Kansas is sucking hind tit frown

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes they are, I hope they can make the comeback!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ryanjay11
COAL only matters for magazine length. Is that what you are showing here, or is this the measurement you are relying on for lands engagement?

Why, whatever do you mean? I simply loaded it to the CORRECT specification for the cartridge. Look it up. whistle

I am FAR too full of dumbphuckitude... and Imagination... plus my [bleep] is too stuck to the kouch.... to have ever considered locating the rifling of my rifles WRT cartridge OAL. Without, of course, the Guiding Light from the North that is the gentle and honorable Boxer, leading the way, spreading his exclusive firearms knowledge with dignity and grace and a [bleep] most assuredly not stuck to a kouch!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by chas05
damn! Kansas is sucking hind tit frown

I'm pullin' for Kansas too; Kentucky has had a dynasty for so long I can't remember when they didn't start in the top 5.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
well...they aint got nuthin' to be shamed of, they came back,but Kentuck won it in the first half...sigh...Calipari is probably my least favorite coach since...Tark...sigh grin

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Jeff is just continuing to show his 'knowledge' of all matters pertaining to rifles/loading/shooting.

Post a chart Jeff.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Kansas got jammed and kissed.
Congrat Kentucky.
Earned every bit of it.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
gracious of you grinwow...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just for Boxer, I do this thing:

[Linked Image]

Shot good too, unless I was just Imagining it.... grin...

Why, whatever do you mean? I simply loaded it to the CORRECT specification for the cartridge. Look it up. whistle

I am FAR too full of dumbphuckitude... and Imagination... plus my [bleep] is too stuck to the kouch.... to have ever considered locating the rifling of my rifles WRT cartridge OAL. Without, of course, the Guiding Light from the North that is the gentle and honorable Boxer, leading the way, spreading his exclusive firearms knowledge with dignity and grace and a [bleep] most assuredly not stuck to a kouch!

Kentucky is a much better team. I'm surprised it was wasn't a blowout. wink

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JPro
The described method does work and is generally the route I take if possible. Here's a start-to-finish target from a new 700 in 243win. I took the photo a few years back. I didn't shoot the bulls in order but #8 was laying down some moly with coated 100gr bulk CL's while getting "on paper" regarding POI. Then I switched to 75gr Hornady's loaded "square" on the lands with #7 and went around clockwise to #10, increasing charge weight. Things got tighter as I went and #6 gave me what I was looking for regarding accuracy and speed (#9 was a 223 target). It did pretty much the same thing when working up a load in such a manner with 85gr Sierra GKHPBT's.

[Linked Image]

I hear good things,about said process.

tex',

The long list of things beyond your abilities and comprehension,would easily garner you a devoted chapter in the Guinness Book.

Congratulations?

tjm',

There's only ONE kind of a square and it's square.

The only thing I don't kiss squarely is 3-groovers and I've mentioned that more than often.

Wow.

'kenny,

It's old "news" that McMillan has no equal,let alone peer and only McMillan handles rate the Jolly Roger.

The 50fps increase ain't too difficult to suffer either and Critters are rather enamoured,which very obviously don't hurt results.

Hint.

'Pro,

Indeed square,do mean square.

Jeff-O,

You musta really had a full day,taking a single pic and all. If you ain't the sorriest of all the Do-Nothing Dumbphucks!

Allow me to fuel your Imagination,ala my day's foray and in no particular order except chronological. I'm sure you were riveted to both Jerry Springer and Oprah,as you polished your Pretend...though I digress.

Right proper Pinniped Feeding Frenzy,atop a Baby Whale carcass. I know,I know...it ain't nearly as intriguing as a Springer Paternity Test. Bless your heart.

[Linked Image]

Bird of Prey Feeding Frenzy,replete with passerby's such as yourself(Turd Polishing Scavengers fawning handouts/scraps).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gotta love a fair sized tide and Monsoon/Hurricane action,to enthrall Uphillers to commit to Freshwater Forays. You might wanna bolt on sunglasses,so her Mirror Chromed reflection don't singe your crossed eyes.

[Linked Image]

May as well letcha' look at one up close,beings it's all new to you.

[Linked Image]

The only TV I got to watch today,was footage I shot with a new videocamera,as I run it through it's paces in a cacophony of weather conditions,that'd have you dead bolting all doors and fastening your seatbelt on the couch,as you donned your helmet. I did gun a few stills ala 1D3/17-40,as Ma' Nature shifted gears and blew schit out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/DAD_2212.jpg[/img]

As per always,it's a treat to have you regale me with all the things you nearly did,with all the wares you nearly had and from all the places you've nearly been. Enjoyed the Imaginary Rifle particulars too,as I'm sure it is a Full Tilt sensation,spec'd as per your whim and leaving no stone unturned.

Give or [bleep] take. Laffin'!

'11,

She's simply demonstrating her stupidity,though obliviously...which really is quite a [bleep] amazing feat.

Calvin,

She's Light Years behind the curve,though I was/am groovin' on how she sputtered repeatedly how that most modest of reloading feats in question,was "impossible". Because she'd never even had seen said boolit,let alone be capable of opening a box they came in,let alone get so crazy as to actually shoot one.

Give her credit for staying her course...because despite it now being in vogue,she still ain't hit Fur with one.

Really tough to top World Class humor of that [bleep] epic proportion.

Not that I ain't hoping she don't go for it!

'NZ,

She simply does the best she can,with what very little she's got to work with and in all capacities. That she is oblivious to the depths of her Stupidity,is the only way it can work and she's REALLY workin' the schit outta it lately.

Funniest schit on the 'net,by multiple Universes!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Boxer
The only TV I got to watch today,was footage I shot with a new videocamera,as I run it through it's paces in a cacophony of weather conditions,that'd have you dead bolting all doors and fastening your seatbelt on the couch,as you donned your helmet. I did gun a few stills ala 1D3/17-40,as Ma' Nature shifted gears and blew schit out.

The only error I see in all your postings here 'stick.... we all know Jeff doesn't need to don a helmet... he's always got one on... it's part of the window locker uniform...

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Okay, So for clarity here. If said OAL with a kiss doesn't feed from the mag box ? You load to mag length minus say .015 for F/F, then do the same procedure ? Find pressure, and rock on....

Just thirsty I guess....

SC

"You only know one thing for sure about a broken down old man........He's the survivor...."

Incoming rounds have the right of way.....
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 406_SBC, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 15 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 808 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,806
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.