Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
A few weeks ago I bought a couple of the Marbles adapters listed by Phil99. I sent him a M.O. and he mailed them to me on the 13th of March.After ten days and no package he and I traded PM`s several times.The package got here today 2Apr.
We both agree that we will never send another package without delivery confirmation. Thanks to Phil99 for a good deal and a lesson.
Joe

"......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Buy priority postage online and the delivery confirmation is free.

Plus the postage is a little bit cheaper.

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And get insurance on EVERYTHING...they have a REALLY bad habit of mishandling packages.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Im living through the PO waiting game right now on a couple of slings from Bglimpse.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Screw the post office.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Priority only with free delivery confirmation. Don't cheap out and ship by ground. It can take several weeks. Priority with delivery confirmation has never let me down through literally thousands of eBay and other online shipments.

Last edited by Killertraylor; 04/02/12.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by theduke308
And get insurance on EVERYTHING...they have a REALLY bad habit of mishandling packages.

Your right about them mishandling (losing, breaking, etc) packages.

But they are even worse on actually paying on your insurance claim on the package. I know tons of people have gotten screwed by them. We even have a tread on that here on the campfire.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sent a low end scope to a member and it was lost, Delivery confirmation was the only thing that saved me. I no longer trust them enough to ship without insurance if the item is worht much.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While I am waiting, I should add that I have never had a issue with the US mail in the past.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ditto what killertaylor said. Hundreds of packages via priority with only one glitch and that was a priority envelope. Now use boxes even for high value payments. 2-4 days max.

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Killertraylor
Priority only with free delivery confirmation. Don't cheap out and ship by ground. It can take several weeks. Priority with delivery confirmation has never let me down through literally thousands of eBay and other online shipments.

Same here with USPS and Priority Mail. Not thousands for me but in the hundreds and not one problem. I do have to say that they've gone up on the fee for a long box.

Ken

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Have to say I will only ship USPS for everything. Delivery confirmation is an inexpensive piece of mind. Haven't had a package not arrive yet. I will never use UPS to ship a rifle. They cracked a stock on a rifle I sold and said the box wasn't packed well enough. The shop that received it said he had a similar issue and would not use UPS again.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Heres the deal

If you dont buy Insurance when you ship basically you are
"self Insuring" because ultimatly if your the seller and a big boy you are going to make it right.

Personally I think they do a great job

Figure the amount of packages and letters mailed
Packages packed my millions of different people who have many different ways of packing

Not often do the bobble the ball
You always get your bills dont you?
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by joes64gto
A few weeks ago I bought a couple of the Marbles adapters listed by Phil99. I sent him a M.O. and he mailed them to me on the 13th of March.After ten days and no package he and I traded PM`s several times.The package got here today 2Apr.
We both agree that we will never send another package without delivery confirmation. Thanks to Phil99 for a good deal and a lesson.
Joe
How was it sent? Priority or Parcel Post? There is a BIG difference in service standards. Priority is fairly consistent at 2-3 business days while Parcel Post can take up to TEN business days -- TWO WEEKS.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Absolutely, put me in the never had an issue camp. Well a few slow shipments but they always got there.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dealing with a claim right now... has been about 40 days since I made the initial claim... they rejected in within 48 hours b/c they said it was against their rules to ship firearms. I appealed as I did follow all of their rules and they show it as "claim pending" still.

Also waiting to receive a shipment from Roger Biesen with a buttplate and grip cap in it that he sent on March 13th. He did not insure or get delivery confirmation and ultimately I am paying for a second set.

Andrew
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
When the adapters didn`t arrive I had two things to fall back on: Phill99`s excellent reputation and a recent experience with a Fleabay purchased scope. That package had delivery confirmation.Tracking the package showed: Two days after shipment from Wisconsin it made it to the mail center in Jacksonville,FL(30 Miles from me).Four days later it was shipped back to Wisconsin....another four days and it was sent south again...Sat at the mail center for another four days and finally made it to a delivery truck and to my mailbox.No wonder the P.O. is in trouble.
Joe

"......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I THOUGHT I had my first lost package just recently when some bullets I shipped to a member here never arrived. Refunded his money and chalked it up as one of those things.
Well, going through a bunch of my stuff yesterday and what do I find but the "lost" bullets! blush

USPS did deliver a Leupold to the wrong address once and DC showed it as delivered correctly. That created an anxious few days but all turned out fine when a neighbor a few streets away brought the package to the rightful recipient.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Screw the post office.

Have to totally agree. Sent my neice a birthday card along with some gift cards, took 14 days to get to her when it normally takes 2-3. Sent my brother his along with a replacement for my neice 10 days later and they both got there the same day! What a joke and don't forget, stammps are going up again!

Good thing we have the gov't to help get our health care right especially since they've had over 100 years to get the post office right and still haven't succeeded!!!!!

"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
-Thomas Jefferson
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have no confidence in the Post office, or should I say postal delivery "persons". Three times prescription medicine mailed for my wife was delivered by kindly neighbors. Once I received pills for a neighbor ten houses away, I hand delivered also. Express scrips doesn't have tracking numbers so they don't know where the medicine is. And I have went to the post office and talked to the supervisor accusing the mail person of being illiterate. That didn't go over too good, but I wasn't happy. If shipping anything will certainly get insurance and tracking, thanks

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 444Matt, Anaconda, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 8 invisible), 1,481 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.