Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hoo hoo! Nice shooting.
If my KKM barreled G20 does half as well, I will be very happy.
cool

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

GB1

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I too have a Glock 20 and have been looking at both the Lone Wolf and the KKM. Did you find any info on the KKM having issues with some of the hotter full house loads?? I started my search for a new barrel with KKM in my sights until I read they did not like some of the hot hunting rounds?? Seems some of the ammo companys are suggesting the Lone Wolf....?? I'm really leaning to the KKM..

NRA LIFE *** HIGH ROCK OUTFITTERS***
j2dogs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The ammo I am using is "Masters" ammo which was loaded for Kentucky State Police back when they carried the "10". It is loaded for both 180 grain FMJ (Truncated Cone) and the 180 grain Hydrashok rated for 1300 fps from a 5 inch barrel. Have not chrono'ed it yet, but from the recoil I can imagine it is close. As for accuracy the pic I posted of the 3 shot group is probably the best group I have evered fired from an auto at that distance. I have yet to shoot cast bullets out of it, so cannot attest as to how they fly, but I have yet to see a barrel that has conventional rifling shoot copper jacket bullets that good and not shoot a cast bullet well.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Man I hate these 10mm threads and that little bitty group doesn't help.

I just keep thinking what a handy field gun a Glock 20 would be.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Great shooting. Do I understand correctly that this was a commercial load and not a handload?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

j2dogs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickyD
Great shooting. Do I understand correctly that this was a commercial load and not a handload?

The best of my knowledge is that "Master Ammunition Company" loaded these rounds for KSP and KDFW. But also manufactured other rounds for other state Law Enforcement Agencies, such as Indiana, Tenn., and Ohio.
The Company is now defunct and I am not sure where these LE's get their supply.

I think one thing that may have kept them afloat so to speak was that 10mm ammo was kinda hard to come by, and state agency contracts probably kept them going. Now that everyone uses the 40, no financial benefit to look to someone like Masters. Again a lot of this is speculation from what I have gotten off the internet, and other sources.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Thanks for the info. Regardless of the load or manufacturer, you did your job behind the trigger excellently.

I'm planning on putting together some 165 Gold Dots today and see how I can do. I haven't been shooting for quite a spell after a couple of shoulder surgeries, and it shows at the range. Still, nice to be getting back to it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RickyD
Thanks for the info. Regardless of the load or manufacturer, you did your job behind the trigger excellently.

I'm planning on putting together some 165 Gold Dots today and see how I can do.

+1 on the info...good to know.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 11 invisible), 1,478 guests, and 772 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,596
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.