Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh no, not him again grin

toilet paper in the nose, that's the trick for perfect driven game shootin' grin

Va t'in tch�re !
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GV: I just thought it was one of those ancient European traditions that I don't undestand. laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, it is, but only in humid Northern Europe ...

Va t'in tch�re !
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I wouldn't mind the Russian Boar or the Razor backs but the ferel pigs have no place in the wild. I've had Russian Boar and they are a tasty fair but a ferel pig does nothing for my appetite. They just seem to be some lazy slobs animal that they couldn't take care of.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not sure about my terminology: what you name russian boars & wild boars are the same specie to me: Sus Scrofa

Last edited by grand_veneur; 04/10/12.

Va t'in tch�re !
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thinking he is meaning the ones that have never been tamed versus those that have just gone feral even if they are several generations removed from the barnyard.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I would love to take a big wild boar but so far haven't. Though Iowa, where i live, has what might be termed a small population already in the south of the state -- most likely comimg up from Missourri -- the Iowa DNR has declared open season on them as in "any time you see them". Im sure there are some regulations on how but probably fairly liberal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ild like to hunt some to but am on a limited budget.....several other places i frequent on the net has land owners in various places across the US complaining bout the damage they are doing to their property....ive offered to come down and try my luck thinning them out, even just sleep in my truck if need be for a few days of hunting with just a map of the property and the list of rules you want me to follow.....course soon as i mention that, they want me to pay several hundred bucks for the privilege of shooting one of their precious "game animals".....

really dont care which they are a pest yah want to get rid of or if your gonna treat them as a source income but dont beotch bout them destroying chit if your gonna charge a decent sized chunk of change for a trespass fee....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Seems to be the same every where: hunting right owners or farmers want to get: the butter, the cash for the butter and the girl who sells the butter.

In France they take money from the assiociations of hunters (which are taken responsible for the damages made by boars, yes we can!), from the insurance companies and then they want hunters pay to hunt on their lands shooting boars. [bleep] them! I choose to but suppresors, don't ask me why you'll get no answer!

If we were more united and intelligent we just had to stay three months without killing one or without paying our federal licences. Then the discussion would be very very different! But men are men, utopia is utopia.

Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by writing_frog

Seems to be the same every where: hunting right owners or farmers want to get: the butter, the cash for the butter and the girl who sells the butter.

And avoid to declare all those benefits to the tax authorities wink

Va t'in tch�re !
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Yes, for sure GV, paying taxes about hunting rights cash earned, can't imagine that, what for! crazy
Just taking money back from french and euro subventions, payed by you and me...
A bit bored of paying again and again, mad think i'll go to hunting games on my computer, will cost me less. laugh

In my former writing must read buy suppressors not "but suppresors"...

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some farmers know the trick ... They get subventions for their businness, plant corn along the forest, don't protect it, the boars devastate the fields, they ask the hunters to pay the price for the corn they don't have to harvest and declare no income to the tax authority ... easy money ... As you said, the butter, the price of the butter the smile of girl who beats it and her underpants too ...

Va t'in tch�re !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
along the same lines....until our real bad winter in 2010-11 here we could get one either sex/either species deer tag(species being whitetail and mule deer) that was good for most of the state and then could buy 6 or 7 doe tags but they were for a specific species for a specific region of the state....granted i could mix and match 3 and 3 or all mule deer does or however i wanted to by them....i had also thrown my name in the hat for late season crop damage hunts where incase i didnt fill all my tags during the regular season

now quite a few land owners get picky bout who they allow on their land to hunt, especially for bucks but quite often a pocket full of doe tags can get yah permission to hunt where the landowner wont let yah hunt for horns.....stopped at one guys place cause i heard he had been complaining bout deer in his hay stacks.....told him i had filled my buck tag and was just looking to fill my freezer via doe tags.....land owner was down right hostile and kicked me off his property just short of gun point....

bout a month after the deer season had closed i got a letter in the mail stating my name had been drawn for a game damage hunt and could i show up to kill a deer or two......can yah guess who the land owner was? same [bleep] that kicked me off during the regular season.....called up fish and game and beotched to them bout that one.....come to find out through the grape vine the guy leased out his land to out of state hunters during the regular season and they didnt want anyone around the property, even if i was just hunting does....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 2UP, 29 invisible), 2,179 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,018
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.