-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I've got an older flat bolt M77 in .250 Savage that I and my kids love to shoot. It has the older clubbier stock on it and the whole gun weighs within 8 oz. of my newer M77 MKII in .300 WM. I can't find too many options for a light weight replacement stock without spending a lot of $$$. I would like something in the $200 price range if possible. I don't want to rasp down the original, but I think I could take at least a pound of wood off it and still have plenty of stock. I can find replacements for LA tang safety models, but none for the SA models. If I could find a used SA tang stock I could sand and rasp it down, but haven't seen one even on the big on-line auction site.

Any suggestions?

"All I want is to enter my house justified."
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I put a Ram-Line on mine.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here's a link to Brownell's site. Doesn't say if it's for the MkII or the tang safety model, so a phone call will be in order.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=45172/Product/STOCK-ASSEMBLY-SHORT-ACTION-ALL-WEATHER

And Bell & Carlson has options for you, too.

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/
Carbelite: #5032__ Ruger M77 Short Action
Fits current model, stock can be modified to accept any barrel contour offered by Ruger as well as custom barrel contours

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I appreciate the help, but I checked w/ Brownells and they don't carry anything to fit my rifle and B&C would not answer the phone. I may try them again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$130 here: http://www.gun-parts.com/rugerstocks/

$150 here: http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/Categories

$120 here: http://www.ram-line.com/

I found these in 5 minutes. Do you know how to search the internet?

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bansners composite Ruger 77 model is for the tang safety model.

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If you can get a B&C, they work fine. I have 2 M77 tang safety rifles with B&Cs. (They're both long actions)

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have had success emailing B&C with questions, got a response next business day.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yes I do know how to search the internet. Begging your pardon, but why come across like an azz to someone you don't know? I did due diligence on this before I posted. Even found the Ram-line at a much cheaper price but didn't want one (unless that was my only option) the way they're trashed here on the 'fire. Already found out that Stocky's didn't have any in stock before I started this thread. Don't know anything about Bob's Gun Shop and don't know anyone who has purchased from them.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I'll try emailing B&C. Thanks!!

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Wildcat composites, light weight and a great stock.

http://www.wildcatcomposites.com/ruger.html

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 3040Krag
Yes I do know how to search the internet. Begging your pardon, but why come across like an azz to someone you don't know? I did due diligence on this before I posted. Even found the Ram-line at a much cheaper price but didn't want one (unless that was my only option) the way they're trashed here on the 'fire. Already found out that Stocky's didn't have any in stock before I started this thread. Don't know anything about Bob's Gun Shop and don't know anyone who has purchased from them.

3040Krag,

My apologies if I offended you. I meant no disrespect, but I am uniquely talented in that regard. smile

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
No apology necessary but I appreciate it. We all have posted a time or two when someone took something in a different manner than was what we originally intended. Take care and have a good Easter.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
BR and 3040,
What a civil exchange. Refeshing compared to some we've seen. You gentlemen have a happy Easter.
Mike

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you're willing to save some and spend more the McMillan 77R is a very nice stock. Buy quality, buy less often.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks much to everyone for their help!!. I think I have this problems worked out, as a fellow 'campfire member is selling me a stock.

Y'all have a fine Easter!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the rifle in question has used its business savy and expertise to run the company at a loss, you definitely should offer it all sorts of stock options to ensure that you can "attract and keep" such skilled management.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (219 Wasp, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 42 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,090
Posts18,501,892
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.