Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Obviously you guys know it all on here if you go to my original posting for the browning 71 I did not advertise with dies. I told 303 over the phone I thought I had a set of dies for it and I would throw them in .When I was packaging rifle up I went through my dies and didnt have a set of 348 win I pm 303 before shipping and he didnt fuss about. You guys jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts or someones personal financial situation. If I have done anybody wrong please contact me I will try and make it right woth you if not then you have your right to an opinion.I will not go back in forth on this anymore.

Roger Out!!!!!!!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Im not subscribing to this thread anymore please pm or call me if you have any buisiness with me.

Hunthard

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good, diccbag

guns to me are like legal crack
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just for record I am not defending the OP about this post or topic, But I would like to say that I had just purchased seperately from Tim (hunthard) a holster for my casull and a Marlin 45-70 SBL with a JM stamped barrel.

I paid him late last Thursday for both via paypal and my purchase was at my ffl by Monday morning (Fairbanks, Alaska to Niles, Michigan).

When going to retrieve my purchase I ran into a snag at my ffl which I posted on the fire two days ago. Tim had shipped and packaged everything (very well) and according to proper atfe shipping regs. The problem was on my end not his. During my dilemma Tim went above and beyond his responsibilities to make sure I was able to recieve my purchase. Everytime I called he either answered, called or emailed what was needed without question or hesitation(All while being quite ill with the flu). And being humble,concerned, and respectful while doing so.

I will put my 2 cents in I guess, I seen this thread pop up while trying to recover my purchase so I did a little research. I seen Tim had offered up a sheep hunt a while back due to a friend having to drop out. I think a guy named Whodat ended up taking the trip with him, he did state that he was not a guide and was just hoping to buddy up with someone. Seems the hunt turned out a 45+in. ram that was harvested in a highly hunted area. The person who went with hunthard got the ram, and had nothing but good to say about Tim in the thread where I seen it posted. As well as many others.

Now I said that to say this. Although Tim (in my opinion and some of you others) made an unwise choice in this sauer post and has seemingly Let himself be led by a quick profit, and has screwed up! If I had never screwed up a few times myself I probably wouldn't somehow know how this situation is playing out. Truth be known I have found out that a quick buck is not worth losing friends and family over. This forum has been like a family to me lately, its a place that I want to visit and be a part of.

Tim, I would advise you to make things right with 303savage if he will let you. Arguments are only conjoured up by those who want to argue and Being "right in your actions" will never prove wrong. Having full disclosure on the items you are selling would be a good and honest thing to do in the future. It might not get you the best price but will give you backing in your future sales.

Again my stuff arrived as in great condition and great performance on the sellers part. I just ask that we as the "good guys" let conviction take its part in this matter and not crucifiction.....

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
IMO, the seller got their asking price so it's no ones business what the new owner does with the rifle.

Intentional misrepresentation of an item is a different ball game. Having said that, I'd deal with hunthard long before I'd deal with some of the PMS ridden old ladies around here.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PAMac
Just for record I am not defending the OP about this post or topic, But I would like to say that I had just purchased seperately from Tim (hunthard) a holster for my casull and a Marlin 45-70 SBL with a JM stamped barrel.

I paid him late last Thursday for both via paypal and my purchase was at my ffl by Monday morning (Fairbanks, Alaska to Niles, Michigan).

When going to retrieve my purchase I ran into a snag at my ffl which I posted on the fire two days ago. Tim had shipped and packaged everything (very well) and according to proper atfe shipping regs. The problem was on my end not his. During my dilemma Tim went above and beyond his responsibilities to make sure I was able to recieve my purchase. Everytime I called he either answered, called or emailed what was needed without question or hesitation(All while being quite ill with the flu). And being humble,concerned, and respectful while doing so.

I will put my 2 cents in I guess, I seen this thread pop up while trying to recover my purchase so I did a little research. I seen Tim had offered up a sheep hunt a while back due to a friend having to drop out. I think a guy named Whodat ended up taking the trip with him, he did state that he was not a guide and was just hoping to buddy up with someone. Seems the hunt turned out a 45+in. ram that was harvested in a highly hunted area. The person who went with hunthard got the ram, and had nothing but good to say about Tim in the thread where I seen it posted. As well as many others.

Now I said that to say this. Although Tim (in my opinion and some of you others) made an unwise choice in this sauer post and has seemingly Let himself be led by a quick profit, and has screwed up! If I had never screwed up a few times myself I probably wouldn't somehow know how this situation is playing out. Truth be known I have found out that a quick buck is not worth losing friends and family over. This forum has been like a family to me lately, its a place that I want to visit and be a part of.

Tim, I would advise you to make things right with 303savage if he will let you. Arguments are only conjoured up by those who want to argue and Being "right in your actions" will never prove wrong. Having full disclosure on the items you are selling would be a good and honest thing to do in the future. It might not get you the best price but will give you backing in your future sales.

Again my stuff arrived as in great condition and great performance on the sellers part. I just ask that we as the "good guys" let conviction take its part in this matter and not crucifiction.....

Excellent post

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
IMO, the seller got their asking price so it's no ones business what the new owner does with the rifle.

and then some.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
price is what you pay, value is what you get........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hmmmmmmm

"The liberals preach tolerance and diversity until presented with an opinion other than their own."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Intentional misrepresentation of an item is a different ball game. Having said that, I'd deal with hunthard long before I'd deal with some of the PMS ridden old ladies around here.

Hmmmmmm

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Empirically wrong? Not really

Morally and ethically poor? Indeed

"The liberals preach tolerance and diversity until presented with an opinion other than their own."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
So you've never made a profit? Interesting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Making a profit and not disclosing everything that was disclosed to you is morally and ethically wrong IMO. Had he been forthright with his description and doubled his money I wouldn't have said anything even though it is a bit ridiculous to take advantage of a members good deal and then reselling the same item on the same classifieds forum you found it on. It falls into the same category as regifting IMO but that wasn't the issue. Lack of disclosure was. He knew damn good and well the ding was in the rifle but wanted to get top dollar for it so he didn't mention it. Screw that guy

Last edited by huntsonora; 06/07/14.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1Akshooter, 1936M71, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 62 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 885 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,807
Posts18,496,383
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.