Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
w_r_g Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Saw a Browning Citori 525 stick on the top or second shot Saturday. I was not shooting it but the shooter shot the first clay and upon pulling the trigger to shoot the second clay nothing happened when he pulled the trigger but said it "felt" funny or a very different mushy feeling and nothing happened for about 2 seconds and then the gun discharged. It did this 3 times during the sporting clay round. The above instance was the worst. The other two times there was just a slight .5 second delay. So is the firing pin getting stuck and needs to be cleaned or what exactly needs work? I have really never cleaned my internals on over under shotguns so not really sure what to work on here. Thanks

Take a Kid Hunting and Fishing!

**NRA Life Member**
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just some guesses.

First thing I would do is take the stock off and check the firing pin coil springs. If they are good, then I would clean the entire mechanism and blow any debris out with compressed air and then give it all a light spray with oil. At the same time I would blow out and check the holes the firing pins go through in the receiver. Making sure they are not corroded or causing the firing pin to hang up.

Hopefully Redneck will chime in with some sound input. He knows Brownings.

Last edited by battue; 04/16/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree with Battue, I had a firing pin coil spring go bad on a browning 325 acted the same way.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I no longer shoot Browning O/U's but several of the guys at my club do and this is a common issues with them. I think there great guns but do need some lovin after a while.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by w_r_g
Saw a Browning Citori 525 stick on the top or second shot Saturday. I was not shooting it but the shooter shot the first clay and upon pulling the trigger to shoot the second clay nothing happened when he pulled the trigger but said it "felt" funny or a very different mushy feeling and nothing happened for about 2 seconds and then the gun discharged. It did this 3 times during the sporting clay round. The above instance was the worst. The other two times there was just a slight .5 second delay. So is the firing pin getting stuck and needs to be cleaned or what exactly needs work? I have really never cleaned my internals on over under shotguns so not really sure what to work on here. Thanks
Most often this has to do with crud/oil slightly impeding full and easy movement with the trigger and/or inertia block.

If you can remove the buttstock, do so and manually work the inertia block and trigger. The both should move quickly and easily into position.. If not, brush down the internals with mineral spirits then blow everything away with compressed air.. Try the movements again. You should notice much easier/freer movement and a fast reset of the trigger and inertial block..

DO NOT APPLY OIL or lube to any internal parts.. They must remain clean and dry.. Only places lube should be applied is to the sides of the monobloc, pivot pins and ejectors..

Replace buttstock and test fire..

Last edited by Redneck; 04/17/12.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well timed thread. The exact same thing happened to my Citori clays gun this evening. Good advice. Thanks.

You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

191 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 2UP, 160user, 338rcm, 300Sav, 22 invisible), 1,666 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,979
Posts18,499,578
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.