Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
kawi Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Fore me it was a mule deer walkin with a bone. You could hear her crunch the thing drop then pickup.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
are you a twin to Gus or his other username?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
K
kawi Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
No just me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Deer commonly eat bones, especially in areas where soils are deficient in calcium, phosphorus or both. Not that unusual at all.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Caught a lion in a cave, down in the guadalupe mountains in NM. After dispatching the cat we looked at all the Indian drawings on the walls. They resembled space ships of all sizes. On the roof of the cave, which was at least 20 feet high; was a 2 foot long hand print that only had three very funny looking fingers.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Do you know about where this cave was located? That would be interesting to see

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A doe that had hung herself. Was eating black haw and hind feet slipped when she went down the fork of a limb caught her behind the jaws.

At least that is all I could figure out from what was left. Skin and bones mostly.

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your posts... confused laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A man with no shorts in a kilt sitting by the Queen of England with his family jewells hanging down. The Queen smiling --like she knew!!!!

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I was hiking in the lower mountains (8000ft) in the beginning of the rut. I didn't have a deer tag, or even a gun. I was just enjoying a hike.

Not hunting I was moving faster then my normal still hunting snail pace. I noticed up ahead of me a good looking mature buck about 100yds away. He had 5 does with him, and they were all staring at me.

Just for the hell of it I started to move towards him at a very slow pace with as little movement as possible. I got to 75 yds and stopped and stood still for a few minutes. I then repeated it to 50 yds. Baffled and nothing to lose I moved to 25 yds. Then 15 yds and stood still what seemed forever. All this time the buck and 5 does were frozen staring at me.

I've never see this before, and wasn't quite sure what to do. I thought it might be foolish to get closer, so I just froze there. After a few more minutes the buck slowly turned it's head away and walked off. The does did the same.

Anybody ever experience anything like this? I did have a breeze in my face, but still. They must have known I was danger.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Were you wearing doe in heat juice? LOL

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Mauser - Since the wind was in your face and didn't have a gun they couldn't smell the wd 40 or Rem oil. grin grin

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It makes you think they know they weren't in season anymore. smile

All I can think of was I wasn't more than 7-8 miles from town. He might have lost his fear of man if he was one of the ones that hung around town. He was a big buck though, and i've never seen any that big in town. Mostly does and spikes.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't think strange but very interesting.

I was sitting in a ladder stand amidst a pine tree @ 12' off the ground. I had on full camo, head net, & perfectly still. I could see a fire break on either side and was FACING a creek bottom THICKET. Directly in front of me was a hole that I could see into the thicket @ 40 yds.

I heard a NOISE similar to a cow/bull plodding or stomping along thru the thicket. A few moments later a doe crossed thru the hole that I could see. She passed, making all that racket, STOPPED, backed up, & looked me right in the eye. After a few seconds she went on WITHOUT MAKING A SOUND.

Shortly behind her was a yearling deer following her. That yearling DID EXACTLY the same thing as the doe.

I know that's not really strange but it got my attention as to how much deer pay attention to detail. It was also very funny.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I saw a rabbit kill a rattlesnake.

It was a green 1978 VW rabbit and killed it by crushing it's head.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A friend of mine hit an armadillo at 120 km/hr on a motorbike. He healed but still has scars all over his face.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Not my story but heard it from some hunting buddys in AK while around the campfire on a moose hunt.

They'd been calling moose in the rut. Along a stream leading to a lake they would call and get a response that sounded like a moose thrashing trees. They moved closer, and the thrashing came closer to them. This went on for a while. Once they got within a distance they thought they'd be able to see a bull or its rack, everything went silent. They slowly moved and called in typical low-profile hunting mode. After a while they figured the moose spooked and stood up, cussed the moose intending to leave. As they did this a 7ft grizzly stood up about 20yds from them. They shot it. And yes, they also had griz tags. Being they are residents of AK, they can hunt them without a guide.

Their theory was griz had figured out thrashing like a moose attracts dinner.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
A friend of mine hit an armadillo at 120 km/hr on a motorbike. He healed but still has scars all over his face.

That is one fast armadillo.

John

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Hubert
[quote=jpb][quote=378Canuck]A friend of mine hit an armadillo at 120 km/hr on a motorbike. He healed but still has scars all over his face.

That was one fast armadillo.

John

fixed it for you. grin

Last edited by Hubert; 04/28/12.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=jpb][quote=378Canuck]A friend of mine hit an armadillo at 120 km/hr on a motorbike. He healed but still has scars all over his face.

That was one fast armadillo.

John

fixed it for you. grin

Read it again -- the armadillo survived, but he had scars all over its face. wink

John

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1minute, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 14,949 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,146
Posts18,542,544
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.