Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by fireballredux
Good Afternoon,

I am inquiring about a Savage 99 in model K that is being offered elsewhere for consideration.
I will not say where this is happening because I have seen the problems this causes amongst the participants here.
I would ask that you research this on your own as it is very easily discovered.
Once found, please tell me that given condition or lack of, is the current price, which may fluctuate, in order for a rifle of this condition or lack of?
Please to not be cross with me because of my vagueness but I would rather not get crucified for putting the actual sale here and upsetting many of you. S.I.

P.T Barnum being an excellent promoter drew a lot of attention to his own product. wink GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please rethink your aggressive attitudes and judgements.

Fireballredux

I just tried, didn't change.

Later Goofball.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by mad_dog

Fireballredux

Later Goofball.

Excellent!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been in the hospital for a week with the wife and just got back online. I sure do miss this forum!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Fireballredux

Later Goofball.

Sweet Jim.

Run for your life,surrender or stand up and fight!
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by dave09

Fireballredux

Later Goofball.

Sweet Jim.

Who the fark is JIM?

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 99guy

Once found, please tell me that given condition or lack of, is the current price, which may fluctuate, in order for a rifle of this condition or lack of?

I'm betting you can't afford this one.

Now you know what it's worth.....and Randy was right....

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by boswellbuckhunter

...how do we know Roy isn't skinnyjoe? Maybe redux-roy did win that rifle...Who's to say?

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Personally...I didn't bid because....

....wrong sights, reblue, barrel altered...lever not original case hardened....and bore shot out....and clearly, the cheek pads have been sanded!

wink

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Originally Posted by boswellbuckhunter

...how do we know Roy isn't skinnyjoe? Maybe redux-roy did win that rifle...Who's to say?

b/c skinnyjoe is a member here.... that is not Roy...

slow down a little flappy...

Andrew
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
F
If I could have learned as much in the first few years of collecting Savage 1895,1899 and 99 as some here have though they have I would never have bought one because a new in the box gun
would be junk to them just because they did not own it or have
the nuts to buy it!!!Also they would have something bad to say about some one that did buy a good gun!!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by lovemy99

b/c skinnyjoe is a member here.... that is not Roy...

slow down a little flappy...

...everybody knows everybody here....except me! I have no desire to track who buys what on GB...nor do I disguise who I am on GB...really doesn't matter that much.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FUG1899
If I could have learned as much in the first few years of collecting Savage 1895,1899 and 99 as some here have though they have I would never have bought one because a new in the box gun
the nuts to buy it!!!Also they would have something bad to say about some one that did buy a good gun!!

Fug,

That is not true in the least bit, IMO... 90%+ of the time that someone buys an even reasonable nice gun and post it here, they are patted on the back and congratulated on finding a nice gun that most here would like to own.

No one here said anything bad about the gun that started the post or the person that bought it... actually I have dealt with the buyer on several occasions and he is great guy that I would do business with over and over again without concern.

There is a lot of back story to the original poster of this thread that got some ppl fired up b/c he is an intentional [bleep] disturber.

The caveat being, if you post something here and claim it to be one thing, don't be surprised if you are flat told it is wrong or asked for more details if it seems questionable or odd.

The group here is two things:

A)HONEST (possibly to a fault)

and

B) Always thirsting to learn new quirks about these guns

I almost never see spite or jealousy on this site. There are a few ppl on here that in general just don't get along but for the most part they keep their peace and tend to bite their tongue.

The only ppl here that really get "fed to the wolves" are the "internet trolls" that do little to benefit the group, the understand of the Savage rifles, or the good will of the members here.

Just my $0.02

Andrew
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

...sure FUG...point taken...whole lot of back biting goes on...or is it just boys being boys and making comments??? Educated comments or harmless ball breaking...who knows. I do know that from my seat watching a bit of the back and forth, that some guys can dole the comments pretty good but when it swings back their way, they don't do as well. They take their ball and go home and pout.
It really doesn't make a lot of difference because my opinion means little here as I am a "no-nothing" in the eyes of most of the heavy hitters here...and that is fine, but when it comes to the human dynamic, I can see just fine what kind of schit goes on here. Some good natured, some not and it really does matter from which "camp" the opinions are flowing from and if folks here don't want to buy into that theory than that is just fine. At the end of the day, it is crystal clear that some folks have skin as thick as rice paper.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats to skinnyjoe. Very nice guy.........deserves to own a gun like this. No doubt it will be well cared for.

Randy

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by fatjack34

...sure FUG...point taken...whole lot of back biting goes on...or is it just boys being boys and making comments??? Educated comments or harmless ball breaking...who knows. I do know that from my seat watching a bit of the back and forth, that some guys can dole the comments pretty good but when it swings back their way, they don't do as well. They take their ball and go home and pout.
It really doesn't make a lot of difference because my opinion means little here as I am a "no-nothing" in the eyes of most of the heavy hitters here...and that is fine, but when it comes to the human dynamic, I can see just fine what kind of schit goes on here. Some good natured, some not and it really does matter from which "camp" the opinions are flowing from and if folks here don't want to buy into that theory than that is just fine. At the end of the day, it is crystal clear that some folks have skin as thick as rice paper.
FJ34...WELL SAID...ken

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (1minute, 16gage, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 42 invisible), 1,994 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,162
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.