Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Tom Mag

You can't do it can you because it was a lie..........

Post it..You started this chit with your insults...

Jayco

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Mauser chambered in 7mm IHMSA and Remington XP-100 in same caliber. I have a Bobby Brown custom XP that I shot in IHMSA competition for decades and it will outshoot most of my rifles. The Mauser would be a lovely, light, accurate, "stalking rifle" with a Mannlicher stock, DST, and a tiny bit of engraving.

What a great combination for everythng from pasture poodles to elk - moose might be pushing the envelope, but inside of 100 yards there ain't no moose that would take two 139 grain Hornadays and keep on trucking very far.

Terry

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jaycoff
I've given you every breadcrumb along the way to try leading you off the path of stupidity...
RE-7 somewhere between 40-50grs
Rem brass
Fed 210
Cast precision LBT 420gr WLNGC
The specific load is certainly no where near outlandish in any way.
If you can't put things together from there then I can't help you.

That you fail to grasp why any given load would run well faster in in a Contender with a longer barrel than in a BFR replete with shorter barrel and cylinder gap... is for lack of better terms "telling".

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Jaycoff
I've given you every breadcrumb along the way to try leading you off the path of stupidity...
RE-7 somewhere between 40-50grs
Rem brass
Fed 210
Cast precision LBT 420gr WLNGC
The specific load is certainly no where near outlandish in any way.
If you can't put things together from there then I can't help you.

That you fail to grasp why any given load would run well faster in in a Contender with a longer barrel than in a BFR replete with shorter barrel and cylinder gap... is for lack of better terms "telling".

Whats wrong with you..Between 40 and 50 grains...I am not like you,that does not cut it..

Do you have any idea the difference in pressure and velocity between 40 and 50 grains of any powder in any given cartridge...Your a nut job and a liar........

Your trying to google it.....It won't work with me...

Post it liar..........

Jayco

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have no need to google it dumbschit.
In fact I PM'ed the exact load at the top of the hour to another member involved in this thread for the exact reason that you just examplified for me.
You are CLUELESS!

That you are attempting to call me a liar for not posting my exact load while I provided just about everything about it for you... while you yourself constantly fail to provide proof of anything that numerous posters on the 'fire have called you on here is laughable.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have no need to google it dumbschit.
In fact I PM'ed the exact load at the top of the hour to another member involved in this thread for the exact reason that you just examplified for me.
You are CLUELESS!

That you are attempting to call me a liar for not posting my exact load while I provided just about everything about it for you... while you yourself constantly fail to provide proof of anything that numerous posters on the 'fire have called you on here is laughable.

PM me the load or post it.........

Your are a dangerous man giving out load data for a load that has never been pressure checked and exceeds even Buffalo Bore loads.....

Post your load publicly....Coward...........

Jayco

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hahahahha you just keep going and going and going.

FYI it has been pressure checked...

It has been published...

And it doesn't exceed safe levels at all...

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Could you post a picture of your load with an old piece of brass to prove that you've shot it? wink

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe I should post loads that other people have worked up and shot... wink
It would be in keeping with Jayco posting Brian Pearce's data on H2O capacities. grin

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by NH K9
Could you post a picture of your load with an old piece of brass to prove that you've shot it? wink

George

Ditto

Just the data or powder charge will work for me...I know the velocities from 40-50 grains of RL-7 out of the 45-70 with a 420 grain bullet....

Buffalo Bores old loads of 420 grain cast were the only ones that had tube ignitions out of a Marlin Levergun and Tom Magnums exceed that.....

Jayco

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by temmi
A 92 and blackhawk in 45 Colt

Snake

Now that would be just about perfect.

45 Colt Model 92 and a 5.5" Stainless BH Bisley. Now, that's perfect.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I want these to go with my Stainless Navy Arms Rossi .357 '92 BAD!!!

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by logcutter

Buffalo Bores old loads of 420 grain cast were the only ones that had tube ignitions out of a Marlin Levergun and Tom Magnums exceed that.....

Jayco, FWIW... your contention with THOMASMAGNUM notwithstanding, you may want to dial it back a notch or two when you're discussing this issue.

Consideration such as "tube ignitions" in a levergun will obviously not apply to a Contender, and since we're quoting gunwriters, Mike Venturino noted has researched "tube ignitions" and never came to any firm conclusions. In any event, you can't compare a Contender to a lever gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just the data or powder charge will work for me...I know the velocities from 40-50 grains of RL-7 out of the 45-70 with a 420 grain bullet....

Jayco

You don't even have a clue about what the load is. Your assuming that because Garretts load with a 420 WLN GC tested at 1900fps from a 18"guide gun that it is impossible that my 11" Contender is doing 1700fps with the same loads. You are also claiming that I could not duplicate that velocity in another load.

You are truly clueless.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by T LEE

[Linked Image]

Dang! Whose grips are those?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by T LEE

[Linked Image]

Dang! Whose grips are those?

Nice indeed. Giraffe bone?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most unusual combo I can think of would be a S&W #3, in .44 Russian, and a Spencer, also in .44 Russian.

Oh, okay - or Italian replicas thereof, I guess smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Jayco, FWIW... your contention with THOMASMAGNUM notwithstanding, you may want to dial it back a notch or two when you're discussing this issue.

Consideration such as "tube ignitions" in a levergun will obviously not apply to a Contender, and since we're quoting gunwriters, Mike Venturino noted has researched "tube ignitions" and never came to any firm conclusions. In any event, you can't compare a Contender to a lever gun.

Doc..With do respect...Tube ignitions in a Marlin Levergun is from pressure/over pressure that takes the bullet and slams it into the primer in the tube full of other cartridges...

Buffalo Bores are,besides one well known reloader,are the only ones that ever did that..AKA a 420 grain bullet out of a 22" barrel at 2000 fps...I do know the pressure of that load but I will not repeat it,from two different sources.

Tom Magnum refuses to post his load because it is an overload orrrrrrrrrr..He is a fricken liar.....

Just the powder charge will tell me but he won't post it.I reload the same and with RL-7....

Jayco

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
For DocRocket...........

[Linked Image]

Jayco

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are Sambar Stag.

They are listed on the SASS Wire Classifieds:

Pair of custom 357 Rugers. They were built from a pair of consecutive serial numbered Ruger 50th Anniv 357 Blackhawks. 3 1/2" Stainless barrels were made up with "wedding rings", polished aluminum ejector rod housings, Stainless hammers, triggers and Bisley grip frames. Sambar stag fitted and polished to the frames. They have free spin cylinders that have been beveled at the front BP style and the chambers have been polished. 11 degree throats, 11 degree crowns were cut. The front sights were each handmade on a mill and regulated to 125 grain bullets with the common load of Clays(PM for specifics)in 38 Special cases, specifically so the rear sights would be bottomed out on the frame for the lowest possible sight picture. Oversize Belt mountain cylinder base pins were fitted and shortened to "Sheriffs" length. The guns have a smooth, light action and are very accurate. I have the original, red special edition boxes, but there is no paperwork in them. They've been shot some and show some blue wear, but overall they are in very good to excellent condition and ready to go. My son used them for a few years sporadically after I built them. $1650 shipped. PICS HERE

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 30 invisible), 1,692 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,978
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.